My friend and I stayed at this hotel as our base for visiting Manhattan. The hotel was sparkling clean, the staff were friendly and the room was in great condition. We were quite surprised by the kitchenette in the room, everything was very clean and in good working order. Very quiet at night which is a huge plus after a long day of exploring New York.
This hotel is a good alternative for budget minded travellers looking to explore New York. Once you're at Secaucus Junction station, the train into Penn Station in Manhattan is only about 6 or 7 minutes and very cheap at 4$ each way. The only trouble is the hotel isn't within walking distance of the Secaucus station. The hotel does have a courtesy shuttle back and forth, but only Monday to Friday in the morning and then again from 4-9. Thankfully, the hotel is partnered with a taxi company that only charges $8 for at trip from the station to the hotel. As we were there over a weekend, we were a bit disappoitned at the lack of shuttle service on Saturdays and Sundays. The hotel is in an excellent location to market itself as a cheaper alternative to staying in Manhattan, and it would be great to see the shuttle in use on a more frequent basis. Granted, even with the taxis, it's still much more affordable than the standard $300 a night in Manhattan.
Overall, it was a great stay and I would stay there again. If you're looking for a relatively hassle free alternative to staying in New York, this hotel is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Secaucus Jersey City New York City Area. The Candlewood Suites Secaucus - Jersey City hotel is a member of Priority Club and the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites hotels. Specialized in extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is perfect for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary and corporate housing needs. The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located near NJ TNPK exit 15X, I-95 & Route 3. Our location offers near access to Newark, Jersey City and New York City. The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel is minutes from Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place, Newport Financial Center, Harmon Meadows Outlet Shopping, Panasonic, Meadowlands Xanadu, Izod Center, MLB Networks, UPS, Javits Center, Newark EWR Airport (15 miles) and Secaucus Train Station (5 minutes).The Candlewood Suites offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio and one bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work area, 32' LCD TVs with DVD player and free Internet. Other features include meeting room, 24-hour business center, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard with grills and our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Secaucus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel Secaucus
- Secaucus Candlewood Suites