“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We weren't expecting to have such a good quality service here. Rooms are more like apartments - very very large, with kitchen included. Everything was clean and neat and we even had two tvs with hd channels and free internet and parking.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
apollo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

we have stayed in this hotel 3 out the 4 yrs it has been open.each stay was about two or three months long and we couldnt have asked for better service! the manager, mehul and his whole staff catered to us for everything from faxes,shuttle rides, mail, an upgrade, info,cleaning and even shared take out lunch. we also had a problem with our truck and mehul jumped the battery twice for us which went above the call as far as were concerned and we were very grateful.we work in this area occasionally and will definately be back.we highly recommend this facility to all we know who will visit the secaucus/manhatten area, it is our home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for over a week and my room was okay but my room smelled like cigarettes I do not smoke, and they had no rooms to change since they were sold out. after I checked out I was charged $200 and it took me three weeks to get my money back and the manager never even apologized to me after I filed a formal complaint with Holiday inn. The staff was friendly when I checked and it was my after I check out I was very disappointed in the way they handled it, I would not stay at this hotel again because of the treatment that I got from the manager, otherwise it's a decent hotel in a decent location with plenty of parking that they don't charge for. Make sure you bring your own food with you even though the cupboard is stocked there's no restaurants that are within walking distance except for the gentleman's club down the street.

Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear KClevenger71,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with the room and the service you received during your stay. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the staff and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We chose this place as a base to explore NYC because we couldn't stomach the thought of paying crazy NYC hotel prices for small, unsatisfactory rooms. We spent the money we saved on renting a small car and drove into the city everyday.. while it's only a 15 minute drive, do note that the toll is $12 to get into the city everytime!! Once in, though, it's pretty close to the Broadway area, which was pretty great!! Our favourite part of our stay was the facilities.. they have a fully equipped pantry -yeah, pans, induction stove, fridge, right in the room! Neighbourhood was quiet and seemed pretty safe.. and there was free access to the gym and complimentary laundry room! We would've paid alot more in the city and gotten much less, so overall, we were pretty satisfied!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmslow UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Room and beds were comfortable, hotel uninspiring. However the attitude of staff, including telephone receptionist Tatyana, was outstanding. Shuttle to railway to NYC is a blessing, but be aware that it only runs at certain times, and not in rain! You need a car to eat in the neighbourhood, hotel facility will only keep you from starving (toast, chocolates, cereals, sodas, etc.)
The way kitchen is incorporated in the 'suite' is not very pleasing.

Room Tip: away from main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear mosolygo,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. It's nice to see that you liked the beds. I also appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. We are sorry the kitchen area in the room fell below your expectations. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights during my visit to New York. It was really good for the hotel to provide shuttle service to the trains to NY. Room and beds were pretty comfortable. But however the attitude of management seems to be pretty cold perhaps its a jersey thing. But other then that my stay overall was all right. I would reccommend this place for its service as well as proximity if you want to visit NY.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This was our first stay in any Candlewood hotel and I was really skeptic with what would be the hotel like since I was travelling with my wife and son (3-years old). To start with, my GPS took me one-half block away from the address of the hotel, and I was really confused (and tired after a long drive) but drove on ahead to find the hotel entrance by the next traffic light (from where the GPS initially landed me). The area around the hotel is typically industrial, and doesn’t have any decent groceries or eateries around. The looks of the hotel from outside is kind of OK. There are lots of parking spaces around. The reception was courteous and the check in was fast. Since, I booked the hotel using my debit card; there was a temporary charge of $50 for each day of my stay in the hotel against my card, which was waived after my check-out – so no issues with that. Once we checked in, I was relived to view the room on the second floor that we stayed in - it was really good and the floor plan was decent. It had a full kitchen with some kitchen accessories and full sized refrigerator. The bed linens, towels, etc. provided were clean. I absolutely loved the internet speed of this hotel. I also liked the work area provided. The TV was connected with a DVD player, and there are DVDs which you can avail of from the reception. We had decent sleep during night, except for some bizarre noise on the first night, which I informed of at the reception while checking-out. The check-out process was also smooth and hassle free. The hotel is located within a few minutes’ drive from the Liberty State Park, from where you can board the vessel to the Ellis Island and the Liberty Island without having to wait in huge queues like when you take the vessel from the Battery Park, NY. Also, you can enjoy spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline from the Liberty Park which is a delight to watch particularly during night. (Lots of parking spaces available at this area) The train station is within minutes from the hotel and you can easily reach the Penn Station in NYC (1 station, 10 minutes) to enjoy tourist attractions in the Big Apple. There is parking facility available in the Secaucus Jn. Station with hourly rates during the weekdays and $7.00 flat rate during weekends. I will be back at this hotel in case we plan to travel to NYC/NJ once again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Secaucus? Share your experiences!