This was our first stay in any Candlewood hotel and I was really skeptic with what would be the hotel like since I was travelling with my wife and son (3-years old). To start with, my GPS took me one-half block away from the address of the hotel, and I was really confused (and tired after a long drive) but drove on ahead to find the hotel entrance by the next traffic light (from where the GPS initially landed me). The area around the hotel is typically industrial, and doesn’t have any decent groceries or eateries around. The looks of the hotel from outside is kind of OK. There are lots of parking spaces around. The reception was courteous and the check in was fast. Since, I booked the hotel using my debit card; there was a temporary charge of $50 for each day of my stay in the hotel against my card, which was waived after my check-out – so no issues with that. Once we checked in, I was relived to view the room on the second floor that we stayed in - it was really good and the floor plan was decent. It had a full kitchen with some kitchen accessories and full sized refrigerator. The bed linens, towels, etc. provided were clean. I absolutely loved the internet speed of this hotel. I also liked the work area provided. The TV was connected with a DVD player, and there are DVDs which you can avail of from the reception. We had decent sleep during night, except for some bizarre noise on the first night, which I informed of at the reception while checking-out. The check-out process was also smooth and hassle free. The hotel is located within a few minutes’ drive from the Liberty State Park, from where you can board the vessel to the Ellis Island and the Liberty Island without having to wait in huge queues like when you take the vessel from the Battery Park, NY. Also, you can enjoy spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline from the Liberty Park which is a delight to watch particularly during night. (Lots of parking spaces available at this area) The train station is within minutes from the hotel and you can easily reach the Penn Station in NYC (1 station, 10 minutes) to enjoy tourist attractions in the Big Apple. There is parking facility available in the Secaucus Jn. Station with hourly rates during the weekdays and $7.00 flat rate during weekends. I will be back at this hotel in case we plan to travel to NYC/NJ once again.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel Secaucus
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel
- Secaucus Candlewood
- Secaucus Candlewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Secaucus Jersey City New York City Area. The Candlewood Suites Secaucus - Jersey City hotel is a member of Priority Club and the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites hotels. Specialized in extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is perfect for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary and corporate housing needs. The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located near NJ TNPK exit 15X, I-95 & Route 3. Our location offers near access to Newark, Jersey City and New York City. The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel is minutes from Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place, Newport Financial Center, Harmon Meadows Outlet Shopping, Panasonic, Meadowlands Xanadu, Izod Center, MLB Networks, UPS, Javits Center, Newark EWR Airport (15 miles) and Secaucus Train Station (5 minutes).The Candlewood Suites offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio and one bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work area, 32' LCD TVs with DVD player and free Internet. Other features include meeting room, 24-hour business center, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard with grills and our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Secaucus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.