First of all, the hotel itself is quite nice. Rooms are well equipped, grounds are kept up well. Unfortunately there was a problem that I admit I was the cause of. How the management handled this is where the deception comes in.
It started when I used a Debit Card for the room charges. They do have a sign posted that they advise not to use Debit Cards due to the hold placed on funds. I was aware that would happen and used the card.
The day of checkout, the Desk Clerk informed me that they could not charge the last day of a 3 day stay to the Debit Card, due to the hold. Not having any funds available, I called my Mom who gave them her Visa Card number. They told her and myself they were charging 1 night to that card. Before leaving, I questioned the clerk again and they insisted only 1 night was charged. About 3 days later, I noticed that no money was taken from my account for the first 2 nights. After checking with the bank, I was informed that all 3 nights were charged to my Moms card. This was NOT what either of us were told was going to happen. My Mom gave them verbal authorization for ONLY 1 NIGHT-NOT the entire stay. My Mom was a bit disturbed this happened, but I reimbursed her for the charge and the issue was settled.
If we were told all 3 nights would be charged to her card, there would be no issue. The fact that they did this behind our backs is totally unacceptable. I warn my fellow travelers to check your bill carefully and DO NOT believe what Management might tell you. I also wrote a complaint to IHG, since I am a priority club member. They acknowledged the complaint and forwarded it to the hotel. I have received no response from the hotel itself. I apologize for being the cause of this issue, but it does not excuse how this issue was handled. Use a Credit Card-and only 1 card, or be prepared to be deceived.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel Secaucus
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel
- Secaucus Candlewood
- Secaucus Candlewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Secaucus Jersey City New York City Area. The Candlewood Suites Secaucus - Jersey City hotel is a member of Priority Club and the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites hotels. Specialized in extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is perfect for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary and corporate housing needs. The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located near NJ TNPK exit 15X, I-95 & Route 3. Our location offers near access to Newark, Jersey City and New York City. The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel is minutes from Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place, Newport Financial Center, Harmon Meadows Outlet Shopping, Panasonic, Meadowlands Xanadu, Izod Center, MLB Networks, UPS, Javits Center, Newark EWR Airport (15 miles) and Secaucus Train Station (5 minutes).The Candlewood Suites offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio and one bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work area, 32' LCD TVs with DVD player and free Internet. Other features include meeting room, 24-hour business center, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard with grills and our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Candlewood Suites Secaucus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.