“Nice Hotel-Dishonest Management” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Secaucus
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel-Dishonest Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

First of all, the hotel itself is quite nice. Rooms are well equipped, grounds are kept up well. Unfortunately there was a problem that I admit I was the cause of. How the management handled this is where the deception comes in.

It started when I used a Debit Card for the room charges. They do have a sign posted that they advise not to use Debit Cards due to the hold placed on funds. I was aware that would happen and used the card.

The day of checkout, the Desk Clerk informed me that they could not charge the last day of a 3 day stay to the Debit Card, due to the hold. Not having any funds available, I called my Mom who gave them her Visa Card number. They told her and myself they were charging 1 night to that card. Before leaving, I questioned the clerk again and they insisted only 1 night was charged. About 3 days later, I noticed that no money was taken from my account for the first 2 nights. After checking with the bank, I was informed that all 3 nights were charged to my Moms card. This was NOT what either of us were told was going to happen. My Mom gave them verbal authorization for ONLY 1 NIGHT-NOT the entire stay. My Mom was a bit disturbed this happened, but I reimbursed her for the charge and the issue was settled.

If we were told all 3 nights would be charged to her card, there would be no issue. The fact that they did this behind our backs is totally unacceptable. I warn my fellow travelers to check your bill carefully and DO NOT believe what Management might tell you. I also wrote a complaint to IHG, since I am a priority club member. They acknowledged the complaint and forwarded it to the hotel. I have received no response from the hotel itself. I apologize for being the cause of this issue, but it does not excuse how this issue was handled. Use a Credit Card-and only 1 card, or be prepared to be deceived.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear foot5841,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Franklin Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Employees lovely could use sound proofing really noisy neighbors

• Stayed May 2012
Newton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Always a pleasure to stay at this Hotel.. Very quite atmospher.. And very pleasant staff. The rooms are up to date and clean!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
waretown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week because we were seeing Bruce at the Izod center two nights in a row and didnt see the point in driving home and driving back. The hotel was FANTASTIC! One of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at! The room was spacious with a good sized bathroom comfy bed and a full kitchen complete with a dishwasher and garbage disposal... not that we used it... but it was still pretty cool! There is a DVD player in the room so feel free to bring your own or they have a free rental at the front desk. Also they have grills in the parking lot if you feel like cooking a steak! The staff was friendly and attentive... I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My sisters family and mine visited New York for spring break and stayed at this hotel. We had the best time. The service was amazing. We were given wonderful informatiin on seeing the sites and even got special service to the train station. Wonderful rooms as well.

• Stayed April 2012
Apex, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The staff were outstanding! We were there for a Tony Robbins Seminar and they could not have been more accomadating. They went out of their way to get us to and from the seminar on time in a complimentary shuttle at all hours of the morning and nigth. (Conference was at the Meadowlands.) They even sent the Shuttle to take us to Newark Airport Monday morning even thought this was not their typical schedule. The room was clean and roomy and well stocked. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
cwssecaucus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Good Afternoon Mrs. Bennett,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the current review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the positive insight and are very happy to hear that your stay with us was a delightful one. As a manager, it’s always a pleasure to know that the staff is striving for excellence in customer service and I assure you it will not go unrecognized.

We value each of our clients and look forward to your continued patronage on choosing our facility as your preferred hotel when traveling to Secaucus, NJ in the future.

Please feel free to contact me on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after a show at the izod center because it was nice and close and I had an employee rate. Even at midnight the young man who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. He showed us the little store they had and also gave us an extra pillow. The room was very nice! Little kitchen area stocked with pots, pans and silverware. We had a comfortable sleep, not what you expect from a hotel. In the morning the young lady was very pleasant. When realizing the store was out of milk she sent somebody to get more and called our room the minute they had more. The staff was very professional, kind and helpful. We would stay here over and over if ever back in that area!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Candlewood Suites Secaucus? Share your experiences!