“A Decent Two Hours” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Secaucus
More attraction details
Owner description: Field Station: Dinosaurs is a thrilling dinosaur expedition featuring 32 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs (including the ninety foot long Argentinosaurus). Meet a 15-foot T-Rex puppet, enjoy our new 3D movie Dinosaurs Alive!, and see the park come to life with dinosaur wranglers and troubadors at this interactive outdoor adventure in New Jersey's Meadowlands.
New York City, New York
“A Decent Two Hours”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had comped tickets to the park which made it a fun 1.5 hours. If we paid full price I don't think we would have had the same impression. Very little interaction with the dinosaurs, the staff is doing the best they can with very limited resources. A lot of the more interesting attractions required additional fees which we were not interested in paying. My son is 4, not a huge dinosaur fan, but he had fun running up and down the paths and the dirt hills. Warning: do not go after a rainstorm, it was quite buggy.

Visited May 2014

Denville, New Jersey
“If your child likes dinosaurs it is definitely worth going to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We went over opening weekend after purchasing Living Social deals (14.00 per ticket). After reading such negative reviews, we were very wary about how the place would be. I'm so glad we went and didn't let the reviews deter us from going. My son is 5 and loves dinosaurs. He loved it here!! My husband and I think it the attractions and park was actually very well done. We stayed a total of about two hours- we could have stayed longer had we done more of their mini shows (but after reading such bad reviews we only allotted a specific amount of time and made afternoon plans). We ended up just eating lunch there as it was most convenient. We had cheeseburgers, my son had chicken nuggets. The food was okay. They offered burgers, pizza, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches. A cheeseburger was 6.00 and chicken nuggets were 6 for 4.00. My son is pretty picky about his chicken and he ate them. We also had a bag of popcorn for 5.00 which was very salty and a little stale. Food was priced as you would find anywhere else. We decided to pay 5.00 extra per person for the 3D show. We thought it was worth it- wouldn't recommend for a child under age 5. My son especially liked digging for fossils. There were other shows, but again we only planned on a couple hours.
Overall I would recommend going- it's really well done. I will say door price tickets are very expensive- 25 for adults and 20 for kids plus then a 10.00 parking fee. I'm not understanding the parking fee but what can you do. I would highly recommend getting the living social deal for this. My son keeps asking if we can go again and with another living social deal I would. I would bring lunch with me next time though- food is allowed to be brought in. We also had waters so didn't have to buy them.
As for the bug spray, we had it and used it because we read we had to. Honestly it wasn't buggy at all and there were a few puddles from the rain the day before. We may have been lucky though. And as for having to wear old shoes as they will get ruined- I will wear my good sneakers next time we go- they will be fine. And they do have portable bathrooms throughout park- just use the ones by the entrance- they made it in to a bathroom. Definitely a nice day and we had a good time. Very glad we went and didn't listen to reviews. Would go back with the living social deal as my son loved it.

Visited May 2014
Elmer, New Jersey
89 attraction reviews
“"Boring"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Took our 11 year old and he was bored the entire time. Visited every display and went to 2 shows but he just wasn't impressed. As an adult I admired the way the park was laid out. Each dinosaur had its own particular area usually separate from others. As you take the curvy paths the foliage and cliffs in the area help to partially conceal them. So you find yourself looking to your side, up and all around to find them all. Younger kids seem to really enjoy the attraction. And we saw two large groups celebrating a child's birthday. Each group had their own guide who led them to each show for VIP seating. With no other parking options available it is a bit of a parking scam in that you MUST pay to park in the dusty dirt lot. Obvious easy money maker for Secaucus.

**My wife was in a wheelchair during this visit. It was a bit challenging to push her from lot to the entrance. Once inside I occasionally would stray to the side of the path and she would get stuck. Also there is a hilly terrain that you must navigate to get to some of the displays.

Visited September 2013
Ridgewood, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“pretty good for what it is.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

we went looking to entertain my 7 year old and her friend for a couple of hours. mission accomplished, they found it fun, and we thought it was slightly hokey, but it is what it is. it's quite convenient (we live about 30 mins away), and on a nice day it's nice to be outside, walking the paths. we also opted for the movie which the kids found exciting. and the sing along was good, the staff really tries hard to entertain the kids. OK, it is not disney, but it's worth checking out and at least it is somewhat educational.

Visited November 2013
Secaucus, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
“Good for younger kids and dino fans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My boys (9 & 6 at the time) and I went to this park when it first opened. Since it's conveniently in town and I had a discount coupon for it, I decided it was worth a try. The animatronics and audio are amazing and very life-like. Unfortunately, because the park was still somewhat new, they didn't have all the attractions ready. My boys did enjoy it. One of the shows we watched and most of the activities would probably appeal to younger children (7 and under) or those that are truly dino fans. I'm glad we got to visit, but probably won't be going back, esp. at their regular price.

Visited December 2012