“i've seen better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Sherbrooke, Canada
“i've seen better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

what's the use of having a kitchenette with empty cabinet! no plate, no utensiles, no glass and no coffee maker. Even the cheapest hotels now have coffee maker. About half mile walk from bus stop to NYC. Few shopping or eating options nearby. Bedding is minimal. Noisy cause I was on fifth floor and freeway passing at that height hendred feet away.

Room Tip: Seek for lower level, first floor should be quieter. No interesting view anyway.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Secaucus, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this is extended stay!. No plates, cups, silverware! Not even plastic! in 3 visits over 2 nights for clean towels. They are always in the wash. I brought the old ones down. I was told at 10 that towels would be brought to my room. A call down at 1 am, I am told I would have to go down stairs to get towels. There is always a sign they are helping guests

Hey guys, 324 is still waiting for towels

Room Tip: Bring your own towels! Its an extended stay, but there is no kitchen tools, bring your own
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The property is located in a quiet area without a lot of traffic noise plus the lake in the back. Extended Stay is meant for longer term stay, which means there should be some shops nearby for your daily needs shopping. The nearest such shop is a convenience store which is about a 20 min brisk walk. The nearest Walmart Supercentre & Sam's Club is about 2 miles away. The hotel does provide free shuttle service to Walmart and they are quite obliging about pick up and drops to other locations i.e. the train station, to the Indian street etc. Be warned that this flexibility means that shuttle does not really keep to the published schedule. You have to co-ordinate with the front desk for all picks and drops. A guest told me he was stuck at Walmart for 3 hours waiting for the shuttle.

You do have the kitchenette but have to ask for the cutlery at the front desk and carry it back to your room. Washing the cutlery is another issue and you have to provision that yourself. Across the street, within 5 minutes walking distance, there is a liquor outlet, a Subway restaurant, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts and Wendy's.

If you want a break from the fast food, there is a traditional Italian restaurant (complete with tablecloth) located in the Meadowlands Plaza Hotel. Couple of extra minutes walking but worth it.

Cab from the hotel to LGA airport is $115.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to read that our shuttle schedule was an inconvenience for your and other guests during your stay. We do have a flexible shuttle availability, and we are willing to accommodate guests for the times they need. I will work with my staff to ensure that we are better communicating this to guests to ensure that this experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, we would like to hear from you. It is due to guests like you providing us with your feedback that gives us the knowledge to improve our services and make every guest's stay with us a pleasant one. Please contact me, at sem2@extendedstay.com, if you would like to speak with me directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America locations in the future.
Miami-Dade County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Nice clean room..Awesome Location as the 129 Bus stops at the front door..After rush hour the bus stop is short 12 minute walk..The area is very nice also.
The coffee in the AM by the front desk was awesome..I made my own breakfast so did not need the grab and go.

The only down side is you have to request the kitchen utensils..IMHO instead of making the quests go to the front desk to request the utensils just charge out the credit card of the last quest that stole the kitchen utensils. If it is a crew member of a company [as they get a lot of contractors staying there] that is stealing the utensils just charge the company what the thieves stole.

I have been staying there every year for years and I find it the best place to stay if you need to get into NYC on a daily basis..Since you are right off Route 3 is it also very easy to get around New Jersey so for me it is a win-win.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and it's convenient location near public transportation and New York City. As well, I am so happy to hear that you appreciated our free coffee offered with our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I do apologize that requesting utensils from the front desk was inconvenient for you. I will share your feedback with upper management, and work with my staff to make this process more convenient for guests. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The room was pretty big I would say for the price I paid, the last time it was a single room and before that on my first visit it was a double room. The place being specialized for longer stays, the room had a recliner, an inverter AC, almost free wifi (it was a one time 5 USD I guess), microwave oven, toaster, refrigerator, cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery along with a sink having running hot and cold water, a decent size bathroom with bathtub, enough for a long stay I would say and add to that the 24x7 launderette on the ground floor. Just be careful of the fire alarm which is sensitive to too smoky cookings.The room was serviced once every week although you can get more regular services at your cost. The staff was a bit lean yet efficient and cordial in dealing with all problems of longer stays.
There is a lake on the back of the hotel where I sat at times. There is sufficient yet timed bus service from this place to New York Port Authority Bus Terminal and Jersey City (best market for food) although there are a couple of shops and restaurants within a few minutes of
walk. Overall this place made me feel being at home except the self cooking part :) which cannot be helped. Love staying here.

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

The rooms are pretty good for the rate. There's grab and go breakfast in the mornings (muffins, apples, oranges, granola bars, coffee). One of the local bus stops is right in front of the parking lot so It's really convenient to get to NYC, and the staff is really friendly. Angela at the front desk is super helpful, and soooooooooooooo nice. If I could remember the rest of their names I'd name them too. Stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014 via mobile

Everything has to be requested. And you are expected to do everything yourself down to taking out the trash. Why would you the same as any other hotel and get none of the amenities? Asked for fresh towels and trash removal and the front desk said to take out your own trash and come to the desk for towels. This is not service! If you are going to spend your money on a hotel at least go where they will treat you as a guest. Odd how many comments seem owner driven.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands? Share your experiences!