“Very good !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Secaucus
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very good !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have been in this hotel almost every year, since 2004. I was initialy atracted by the convenience of having a kitchen and the good price, but later on, the other facilities grabed my attention.

After the renovation that took place in 2012, the hotel is almost perfect. Rooms are of a good size (specialy the ones with two beds), kitchen is an enormous plus, front-desk personnel (specially Carmen) is very corteous and friendly.

The hotel, despite the close viaduct, is very silent and one can always get a good night of sleep. Besides that, the location is excelent. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel and the 129 line can drop you at the Port Authority Terminal in 15-20 minutes.

I always rent a car when in the area and the free parking lot is another big plus.

There is a Walmart and a Best Buy not far and restaurants Olive Garden and Red Lobster are even close.

Since I am with IBM, I even got a better deal, like having a two-bed room by the price of a one-bed.

There other Exteded Stay hotels around; one is spaciallly atractive, since it is very close to the Walmart, but I am sticking to this at Meadowlands Parkway.

I am telling my friends about the hotel and, at this very moment (October, 2012) there is a friend of mine as a guest there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our location and team have made this property to attractive to you, even when there are so many other options available. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had a great experience with Yoel and the entire staff. Rooms were clean, maintained, service was excellent! They went above and beyond the call of duty in meeting my business group's needs! There were 14 associates traveling and the staff was most helpful to one and all! I would stay here again on business or pleasure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We are so pleased to see that so many of your group has taken the time to review your stay and beyond excited to hear that each of you feel so strongly about having such a great stay. I know that our team very much enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you return for your next visit. Thank you very much.
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My stay was for business and with a group of associates. Not only did the Yoel, the Hotel Manager, give us a great deal as a group, but he made our stay comfortable.
We had very early work hours and he made sure coffee was available for us even before it was suposed to be out for all guests.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Request to slay in a room on the river side of the hotel.....it's a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Yoel and the team were able to make you feel so comfortable as well as giving you a deal! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Secaucus.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

awesome hotel, friendly staff, safe location, clean and upgraded rooms. would definitely recommend!! right off route 3 and within minutes of nyc. stayed here a few times and would return :) lots of close neighborhood eateries around and just minutes from the meadowlands stadium. have always accommodated my requests

Room Tip: ask for a view of the river!! amazing sunsets
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review of our property. It is experiences like yours that we strive for with each guest and we’re certainly pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great experience, really cool nice and helpful Staff . Rooms looked very new and up to date...not what I expected from a extended stay . I would definitely go there again. Best rates in the area and nice clean room with a flat screen :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay with us, and I was so glad to read your comments about our staff, and about the cleanliness of our hotel . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, and I am thrilled that you mentioned in your review that you would return! Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Weymouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Checked in late at night and nobody at the front desk. Someone doing the laundry eventually showed up after I had to call the front desk. I get the keys after the longest check-in ever and go to the room to find it stinks of cigarettes. I reserved a non-smoking room but did not get it. Of course it was the only room available, so I left and had to find a new hotel at 3:30 in the morning. Do not stay at this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. Given Extended Stay's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your experience wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.
I do appreciate the opportunity to reply to your concern. Unlike traditional hotels, many of our guests leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. Although we manage our hotel in such a way that is intended to account for these contingencies, in very rare cases it becomes difficult to ensure room availability. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. I can assure you that we do make every effort to honor your request and in almost every case we are able to do just that.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Overall, a very disappointing stay.

Began with arriving early at the hotel (11AM). The room was ready but hotel policy dictates that you cannot check in before 3PM unless you pay early check-in fee of $50. Of course, I did not pay (who would) and waited until 3PM to get the room (which again, was just sitting there empty and ready).

Once in the room, couldn't help but be disappointed from the renovation. If this is how the room looks after renovation, I'm feel sorry for those who stayed there before the renovation. Not that the room wasn't clean, but just felt cheap.

Bottom line, if you're in town for just a night or two, pay the few extra bucks (which unfortunately I did not) and stay in a more classy hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.
While I get the impression from reading your survey that your room was, in fact, clean, I was sorry to read that you were not pleased with the improvements we recently made to our facility.

Been to Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands? Share your experiences!