“Great Location to NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area

You added Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094-3688 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grovetown, United States
“Great Location to NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Rooms were good. The parking was free. We had breakfast and the best part was The bus stop is right outside the front doors of the hotel. Its an easy bus ride to NYC. Walmart is just around the corner. Recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have visited few Extended Stay America locations around the US. The service and rooms was Average at best. However this location was a great surprise. To start the visit we were greeted by a smiling staff , they were helpful with getting us what we needed. The rooms were nice much nicer then other locations. I liked this location for being totally smoke free, in our room was clean and smell free. Bus transportation to NY is just outside the hotel (20-30 min drive) to NY.
Thank you Chloe, Ashley and Vladimir for a great service.

Room Tip: If you use the bus to NY , you cab use cash on the way to NY (driver will give you change) you need...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

During my stay I have been helped out a lot by Ashley and Vladimir. They have great customer service skills and whenever I needed help with something they never hesitated to do it with a smile and enthusiasm. Hoping to come again and will recommend to my friends.

Milind shaligram

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are good and clean, room service is average. AC in the room makes horrible noise and even refrigerator too makes noises. Internet connection is very slow, if you need fast connection need to pay. One best thing is bus stop is opposite to hotel and frequency of buses to New York is good. Walmart is around 1 mile

Room Tip: Economy hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had to stay here for two weeks as my HR messed up with my reservation in Fairfield 33rd Street. Not sure why so many negative comments about their staff, but I would rate them based on how they treated me. Overall their staff was excellent, I would like to thank Joseph, Ashley, Chloe and Vladimir who were very helpful. After a long flight I reached this place at mid-night and couldn't find anyone at the reception for 20mins, I had to jump over the counter to find someone in the attached room. Thankfully I wasn't shot or arrested for that, should have dialled the number at the reception. Finally Joseph came to rescue me and completed check-in formalities.

Special thanks to Ashley and Vladimir for changing and upgrading my room, as I got disturbed in the middle of the night by beeping noise?

It's a good hotel if you want to save money and reach NYC for $4 each way. There is a movie theater, couple of good restaurants (I liked Houlihan's) and Walmart store. You can spot a herd of deer early morning or late night, they even cross the road and roam around the hotel.

On my last day I was disappointed to know that they don't keep WEIGHING SCALE to check luggage weight before going to the airport. I stayed in Candlewood Suite for four months in NC, they provided me everything for my extended stay and didn't even charge for laundry.

Room Tip: Best view - Top floor towards road to have Empire Estate Building view, Quiet - Towards parking lot
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are good and clean. Breakfast is included with the package but only fruits,oats bar, coffee, tea and muffins are available. Room service is average. AC in the room makes horrible noise and even refrigerator too makes noises. People at the reception are not friendly.Only advantage is that bus stop is near to the hotel,buses are very frequent to New York from this stop . Wal-Mart is at walkable distance from room. Overall it was a ok ok stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I check in on a recently stopped program run by the American Cancer Society, which allowed me to stay in this hotel for $12 a night while going for medical services in NYC. When I checked in, there were some real housekeeping issues. Due to my immune system, I ran out to WalMart to buy disinfecting cleaning supplies. I brought this to the manager's attention. His response was truly amazing, apologetic, and he took care of all my concerns. I will also say that the King Suite I had was very comfortable and fairly quiet. I had a lovely stay after the initial housekeeping issues.

Room Tip: Right outside this hotel is a NJ Transit bus that takes you into NYC (Port Authority) for about $4...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area? Share your experiences!