“Clean, affordable, comfortable and pleasant staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area

You added Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094-3688 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Secaucus
Limerick, Ireland
“Clean, affordable, comfortable and pleasant staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for 9 days in April. The room was very spacious, had a kitchen area and the bed was comfortable. Room was clean, staff were very helpful whenever I asked them anything. Normally I don't write reviews but I was genuinely impressed by them. They do a breakfast to go, tea/coffee, muffins and either apples or oranges which is fine. One suggestion I might make, (only because I think the manager might see it) considering the breakfast is very easy for them to clean up, it might not be a bad idea to leave it set up for longer. Breakfast finished at a usual time, 9 or 10? It wouldn't take much to keep it there til 11 or 12. Considering I was out late several nights and I was on part business part holiday I'd like to be able to sleep in and not have to be up for breakfast at 9 would have been great. I'll certainly be back next time I'm in New Jersey. Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is ranked as a 2 star. But it is nicer than a lot of 3 or 3 1/2 star hotels that I have stayed in over the past year!

The gentleman that checked us in, Victor, gave us exceptional service. He was courteous, informative, and I even witnessed his ability and patience handling another guest who was being a bit impatient and rude. lol

My sister has worked for Gaylord, Marriott, and Sheraton in upper management, so I am familiar with hotels.

Stay here if you are staying in the Secaucus area, definitely.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with our hotel and particularly the excellent service that was provided to you by Victor. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really nice budget hotel with great service and homely ambience ! Got housekeeping almost every other day , they change towels and linen and all other essential toiletries . They even have a grab and go breakfast though would've preferred pancakes and omelettes but decent for the price. Overall a good deal and comfortable stay !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the beginning to the end (only 2 nights) it was a great experience. I have never stayed in an extended stay hotel before and probably wouldn't have chosen this hotel if it hadn't been for booking through Hotwire. (you don't know what you'll get - you chose by price and stars). When my friend and I arrived, the front desk clerk told us that Hotwire had booked us in a room with a single bed and a pull out couch. I was ready to get mad, but Victor stopped me before that happened and offered a room with 2 beds for an extra $20 per person a night. My friend was only staying for one night (we were going to a conference at the Meadowlands Expo Center) and I was staying 2. Victor then said that he could give us a king suite at no extra cost with 2 rooms - a king size bed and pull out couch in the other room. We took that and it was a very nice suite. The whole place was sparkling clean, the staff from house keepers to all front desk personnel were nothing but friendly and helpful. The fact that the room as a kitchen with full size refrigerator, sink with filter on the water faucet so you can drink the water, coffee maker with coffee, toaster, cook top small stove with pots, pans, china, flatware was awesome. You can move right in with your groceries. Maybe bring paper towels, that's it.

I saw the fitness room, laundry area, but didn't use them. For breakfast there's a variety of muffins, hot cereal packets, fruit and coffee etc. I only saw it the one morning, so don't know if they change it up.

It was very convenient for the Expo Center. You could walk to it. The area(walking distance) has many hotels, businesses and loads of restaurants and shops and very nice surroundings. There a big movie complex as well and bus stops that will take you into New York.

My concern was whether or not to walk the one night to the expo center as it would be dark when returning to the hotel. Victor was on again that evening and assured me that it was safe to walk due to the amount of security personnel and police patrolling the area a night because of the movie theater and multiple restaurants and big parking lots. I did walk and felt completely safe walking a 9:30PM back to the hotel (about 10 - 12 min walk).

Check out was easy - the General Manager himself, Mash Sopariwala, checked me out. I wouldn't have known that except I asked for an envelope to write a note to Victor and give him a tip for his great customer service and friendliness.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northside are probably quieter as there was a busy road on my side (south). Know that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just came back from a 3 night stay at Extended Stay America and we could not have been more satisfied with our experience. First of all, the location was perfect - the bus stop for the 320 bus that takes you straight to Port Authority (5 minute walk to Times Square) was right across the street. The room was very spacious and clean - we stayed in the deluxe studio 2 double bed suite, which included a sofa bed and a kitchenette (more than enough!). All the staff members were very welcoming and understanding, especially Mr. Mash Sopariwala, the manager. He went out of his way to accommodate us. He truly cares about his guests and he is very friendly and helpful. Mr. Mash, we thank you again for all your help and we will definitely be staying at this hotel on our next trip to New York!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Extended Stay America was well worth the visit. Close to the bus stop (bus 320) taking us into New York City (Port Authority - 8th and 41st Street). The bus trip was approx 25 mins. The hotel was clean and spacious. We were a party of 5 (four adults and a child). There was also a pool available which we used. The breakfast was a 'grab and go', we bought breakfast cereals from the local Walmart. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. I would certainly visit this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our facilities and ease of access to NYC. As well, I am so happy that you found our hotel to be clean and spacious.

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed 12 nights in ESA and was very happy with the arrangements made and the attitude of hotel staff

There are many restaurants near by and that makes the stay more comfortable for you. This gives you good value for your money especially if you need to stay for more than 2 weeks

Rajesh

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay and liked our staff and location. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.