“Perfect location and good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094-3688 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus Meadowlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Perfect location and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Location is perfect. There are plenty of restaurants nearby on walking distance. Wallmart is close. I stayed for two weeks on a business trip where I had to travel to WTC. The bus stop is just next to the hotel and it takes around 40 mins to WTC. Bus 320 to port authority and then subway. Restaurant staff is helpful. I wanted to take an urgent print-out and their kiosk PC was not working, the lady at receiption was helpful to share her desk PC for me to take a print.

Hotel runs free shuttle to wallmart and Little India once a week. That was helpful too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Kailas,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed often during past 3 years at the Homestead Studio Suites Secaucus and the stay has always been good with a very helpful staff, but this time there was a pleasant surprise with the once a week trip to Walmart and the Indian Market and thanks goes to the manager Mash Sopariwala for this

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have your continued loyalty as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
South Plainfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Mash Sopariwala was extremely accomodating and nice to our group of teenagers attending "Battle Cry" at the Meadowlands Arena. Elizabeth is also very sweet she also arranged for an upgrade of 2 rooms at no additional charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. It is especially rewarding to see our staff members mentioned by name, as it shows the impact they have on our guests!

new jearsy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was here for my business trip last here, Hotel Staff is very gentel and corporative, They started new offers for indian. like bus service upto indian street and all.

Location is nice and cool, Bus stop is just 10 steps away.Nice connection with NY

Overall nice place to live here

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Yes they ensure what they commit to.. Truly a home away from home feeling is what I get here and that is what it makes me book this hotel again and again , against my wish of exploring new hotels. You get the best services with a homely touch. I can literally keep on writing to make it short story if I start mentioning the individual instances. From the "Front Desk" to the house keeping to the MAnager everyone treats you like a personal guest at their own house. Love yu guys, thanks so much. and something really important to mention. Please note this is not because of few individuals that makes homestead so speacial, It is culture I would say. I stayed here before too and the staff then was awesome and when I checked in this time with completely new faces, the treatment did not change a bit.. so its a culture inherited. Thanks Mash, Ric, Nicole, Jennifer, Liz - the "Front Desk".. esp Liz & Jenni were so helping..ever helping.. Thanks Guys..be the same..

Room Tip: I like the pool view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went to an event at the Meadowlands Expo. The hotel is not far from the expo (5-10 minutes walk), and the rooms are basic but reasonably priced. That's the Good news. The bad news is they don't give a damn about their guests. I attempted to check-in early and they charged me $28 for an early check-in even though the room as not ready after waiting 1 hour. I specifically told the desk person that I did not want to be waiting in a long line with everyone else who is checking in at 2:00am after our event ended. They ASSURED ME (and several other guests) that we would not wait in line and could easily pickup our keys. That Never happened. Myself and several other guest reservations were simply 'Lost' even though we paid for early check-in. The night clerk did not even know how to work the computer and could not do anything to help us. There was no backup procedure and he could not even get us anyone with authority..Luckily someone had the manager's business card and actually woke him up and he came to let us in. The whole thing took over 1 hour. Then my key did not work for the other 3 days. What a hassle. When I went to check-out they acted like it was a big generous deal for them to refund me the $28 I PAID for the early-check-in I never received. I was not happy with this. So I called and left a voice mail for the manager. That was 3 days ago. Do you think he called me back? NO. He does not give a damn.
Oh and the 'free wi-fi' is like having dial-up. You need to pay to get bandwidth.
I've stayed at hotels all over the world but won't stay here again. What a joke.

Room Tip: Book Elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I hope that we were able to address most of your concerns with our return phone call. My apologies for the delay. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. We are also retraining the night staff on the check in process so that this is a seamless process in the future.

Secaucus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Had a great exeperience staying at Homestead Studio Suites. The hotel is very well placed and have frequent bus services just 1 min. away from Hotel. The room are very neat, clean & tidy. The staff at frontdesk are also very friendly and helpful. The room service is also excellent. They have very good fitness gym and a pool. The backyard is very pleasent to get together with family and friends and spent a nice time.

It is much recommended for extended stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area? Share your experiences!