“Good riddance.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Capriccio Ristorante - CLOSED

Capriccio Ristorante
2001 SE Central Avenue, Seaside Park, NJ 08752 (Formerly Patsy's In The Park)
(732) 793-1466
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Good riddance.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've never actually eaten here, but I'm writing this on behalf of my parents. They had a horrible experience. They told them the special of night night was a 'lemon risotto' and failed to mention there was shrimp in it. My dad is deathly allergic to shrimp. He noticed there was shrimp in it upon eating it. When they brought this to the staff's attention, they insisted there was no shrimp in the lemon risotto, but lo and behold it's sitting there on the plate. The chef didn't come out. The manager didn't come out. They offered no compensation.

In addition, the meal is suppose to come with a salad and my parents were served none, even though the place was empty. The waiter's response? "Well, it's just a small salad." Excuse me, but my parents shelled out good money for their meal. I think they deserve a salad.

Although the food was nice, the meal almost killed my father. Allergies are not to be tampered with.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Piscataway, NJ
“Restaurant is closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Due to a landlord tenant dispute, this restaurant is no longer open for business. It was good while it was open though.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“So sad trashed the place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Lost his lease but he did not have to physically trash the place. The food was OK service never on but the cook owner was not the nicest the way he left it

Seaside Park, New Jersey
“Too Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went there Saturday night, with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Walked up at 6:50, spoke to the hostess who said the wait would be 30 minutes. I said o.k., we'll go home and come back. It was quite chilly out, and there is nowhere to wait except the sidewalk. She said fine, come back at 7:30, which was actually 40 minutes later not 30, but no big deal.

We returned at 7:30, and were told the table would be ready in 10-15 minutes. So o.k, from the original "30 minutes" given at 6:50, was now looking like 50-55 minutes. So back out to the sidewalk, in the cold, to sit on the bench. There were at least 3 other couples waiting for tables. One had a reservation, that had passed some time ago.

At 8 I went in and the hostess informed me that the people at the table she expected to give us had just ordered dessert. I said wait a minute, you told me 30 minutes ago my table would be ready in 10-15 minutes, and now, 30 minutes later, you're telling me they just ordered dessert? She kept saying it was her patrons fault not hers. I said how can you possibly be so bad at estimating time? I came here at 6:50, you initially told me 30 minutes, it's now an hour and 10 minutes later, and they just ordered dessert? Again, she blamed the patron, saying she can't help it if they eat slow.

So back out into the cold to sit like an idiot with my frozen child and wife. I guess it's really me who is the idiot. After several more promises of "a few minutes" "we're clearing the table right now" even though I could see in the window that no one had moved from the table and "5 more minutes" the hostess finally came out, at 8:40, laughing, saying "well Mike, your table is finally ready." A full hour and 50 minutes after the original 30 minute quote.

The food was fine, but honestly, difficult to enjoy given we were frozen, starving and aggravated.

The food here is great, I have a home around the corner and have been coming here since it first opened. The front of the house has always been awful. In fact 2 years ago, I made a reservation for 7 people at 6 p.m. I showed up at exactly 6:03, I showed the hostess my phone, she said, I'm sorry your table has been given away, and the wait is about an hour. Ken if you're reading this, it was the Asian girl.

It is the same old story, 4 years running, the food is good, but, the staff simply don't care about how long you have to wait, if you had a reservation, etc. I have eaten here once or twice a week for the past 4 summers and it's always the same, if you want to eat at 5:30, great, otherwise forget it. I'm done, won't be going back. Literally, being left in the cold, on the sidewalk, in 40 degree weather, for an hour and ten minutes, with an 11 year old daughter, is the straw that has broken my back. Common decency would dictate telling me at 6:50, I am really sorry but we are fully booked. I'd say fine, thanks, see you next time. Instead, the attitude is, go wait in the cold, I don't care how long you have to wait.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The food was delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Everything except the noise. But it is well worth the endurance because the food was deliciouso! The wait staff are superior.

Visited September 2013