“Best Deal/Better People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Seaside Park
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Best Deal/Better People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

You cannot beat the prices or the location. But that is only a part of what makes the Windjammer a great place to stay. It all starts with the owners, Joe and Frank., They could not be more hospitable. if you need it, and they can get it, than you've got it. I had a great conversation with Joe (over a couple of drinks) his brother Frank, who is much more sedate, waited until 3 AM to check myself and my family in..He stayed up to make sure that I was greeted before I went to my room. Somebody, anybody tell me when that have had that experience.!!!
The bar was a great combination of locals and vacationers, everyone blended together, talking, drinking and singing.Kenny the bartender, kept his eyes moving and the service flowing entertaining everyone..
The bedrooms are older, but clean and comfortable, I am sure if you are willing to spend 5 times what the Windjammer charges you would probably get a more modern room.;I hardly think its worth it.
The breakfast was plentiful and reasonable, served with a smile. The staff must have learned from, or are related to the owners.
Vacation at the Jersey shore is a special and nostalgic trip for me(and many others) The Windjammer understands that and provides a memorable and caring experience, Go there, you won't be sorry.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I visited this hotel last weekend and even though we had a great time Im not sure if we would ever go back. Our rooms were so old looking, the drawers would fall if you pulled them too far, the handles kept falling, I found old toys that didn't belong to my daughter when checking under the bed before we left. The carpet was old and dirty but to their credit the beds were really comfortable, our fridge worked great and the water pressure in the shower was good. I also have to say we had a great time at the pool, the bar on the second floor was fun, but we went to the restaurant for breakfast and after 20 minutes waiting we had to leave because no one even approached us to let us know why they weren't sitting people even though the dining room was half empty.
This hotel is just plain average and really need a make over, but is also a lot cheaper than other very bad hotels around the area, so after all I guess is best to stay here than to spend double at another place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Family owned and operarted for years. Great people and excellent staff trough out the lodge. Food is EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!! One block from the beach is perfect too. Right in the perfect location for any and all entertainment and fun. They really make you feel at home and won't be going anywhere else for years to come.

Room Tip: Just bring the family and the rest will fall in place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is old and very worn out. The beds need to be updated because they were extremely uncomfortable. I would rather sleep in a tent on the ground. The pool was ok, not very clean though . I think they need to update the beds and revamp the furniture maybe I would visit again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The Windjammer is a great place to stay. My family has been coming here for years. The rooms are clean with friendly and accommodating staff. It has a fun atmosphere. It is in a great location. Walking distance to stores and the beach.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Staff are great and treat people right. We come to the windjammer with several family members and friends. Food is good happy hour is fun with great complimentary appetizers. Great location close to everything!! Great place for a getaway!

• Stayed July 2012
Effort, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm a country girl from the Poconos. I've never driven out of state as far as I did when my friend, her daughter, her two grandchildren, my three kids, and I went to Seaside Heights from 8/14-8/16/2012.

My oldest son was diagnosed with cancer in May and underwent surgery and chemo nearly his entire summer. When my friend asked to go along with her, I jumped at the chance. Especially since my son has to go for more surgery on August 21.

The rate of our room was half decent. It was clean. I inspected rooms at a resort, so you can guess I practically tore the room apart upon entering. The pool was awesome and very clean. Housekeeping couldn't get over my need to vacuum and make my own beds, but were very accommodating when I asked for extra towels and cups.

We got beach passes, rented a bike, ate at Surf Taco (awesome food btw) and walked everywhere we went. The only times I started my car was when we went to Seaside Heights and when we left to go home. My kids and I went crabbing, played on the beach, and had just an absolutely amazing time. We'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Windjammer Motor Inn? Share your experiences!