“scumhole is more like it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Metropole Motel & Apartments

Metropole Motel & Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Metropole Motel & Apartments
You added Metropole Motel & Apartments to your Saves list
600 West Central Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Pa
“scumhole is more like it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

nasty is the 1st thought comes to mind thank god WE packed OUR Own cleaning products it's sad that the soap they provided was from the moheagen sun HA HA but, lets get to the issues on hand other then the parlor floors being NEW there wasn't anything great about the place the kitchen was HORRIBLE/DIRTY it looked like it wasn't cleaned in yrs... the cupboards were greasy, pots and pans left in the stove that looked like they haven't been washed in 40 yrs.. the kitchen table was wobbly, the chairs looked like they had black mold on them and lets not get started on the bathroom naww wait lets go there the SHOWER head was GROSS we made then change it the walls and celining looked like someone blew snots all over the place and prob hasnt seen a painbt brush in yrs but they say they painted recently.. the TV stand was broken and NO remote.. onto the bedroom - the headboards were NOT connected to the beds (not right)
3 sofa beds HAHAHA 2 of them were BROKEN it's sad when the HELP brings you sheets to put on the couches because they were TOOO LAZY to clean them... lets go onto the woman who was at the front desk... RUDE unpleasent and REALLY made us feel like we were a BURDEN... wait aren't they suppose to be friendly NOT b/c the owner/mgr vinny wasnt nice he was RUDE RUDE RUDE and makes more noise then my 1 yr old obtw so much for the NO PETS allowed he had some chick over with two dogs who woke us up one morning along with the stomping on the floors... forget out getting TOWLES in the morning or clenaing the place because we had to do that OURSELVES.. ohh the fire alarms were connected wrong and the TOP apt doesn't have any in there safe REAL safe they are lucky there wasn't a fire because if anything ever happened to my FAMILY i would OWN the place... so for future beach lovers STAY AWAY and KEEP LOOKING.... good LUCK

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Unless things have changed in a years time, I would never recommend staying here. The website does wonders for selling. When I arrived with my 3 children, the room was filthy. There was hair in the drain of the shower and the rooms didn't even look like they were cleaned. I had them show us mulitple rooms and each one was more disgusting than the next. We had to stay the night, until I found a clean hotel. They were not friendly and not helpful at all. If I can save one family from making the mistake of staying there, i will. The White Pearl was wonderful and clean!!!

• Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
nwk,nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Just made reservations for our vacation in July again! Very clean and updated each year. Noticed new bedding from previous family photos in the rooms each time for the last 2 years so i know they are brand new. Housekeeping provides extra towels when needed with courteous service. Pool is perfect for the kids. Not too big, just right. Management very accomodating and friendly. Close enough to walk to beach/boardwalk. Love this small but friendly family run place! Thank you for the down-home accomodations every year! Can't wait to get back this summer! Joanna

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
annabelle1234
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

I stayed here over the Memorial weekend. The place was clean. The room we stayed in had laminate floor, whcih was great opposed to carpet. Especially, when coming in from the beach. They have a brand new pool. It's a great motel for a weekend geataway or week. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I loved the warm, friendly atmosphere of this place. It isn't huge, its more of a family oriented place where you can come, have fun, walk to the beach, boardwalk and all teh clubs and restaurants are within a block or two. The cleanest place I ever saw down the shore and hard wood floors, clean towels and sheets were a plus!!! also pots and extra things are available upon request because the owners are awesome... they know how to show people a good time!!! I can't wait to go back!!!!!

Stayed May 2009
New jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

This is a family friendly motel, my kids had a blast that weekend.the only thing wrong was that the pool wasn't open yet, well because it was april.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!! It was beyond the worst experience. If you need to sleep outside it's better. They are scammers who try to steal kids money. They take a 75 dollars deposit and find something wrong to get you and steal it from you. I had to pay extra for 2 people. The internet said it was 25 per person and they charged double because they have a piece of paper that says it. Ok well, update your website then. Then they had a problem that one friend was 16. They care about that but they openly let you underage drink in there without a problem.

The rooms were hardwood floors that were full of sand. The sheets were very sandy. The room had blood stains on the pillow. The AC did NOT work and you had to fiddle around with the fuse box to get it going and when it did it didn't even work well. NOW THE WORST PART.

THERE WERE BUGS IN THE BEDS

LOOK AT THAT VIDEO!

So 8 or so little red bugs crawling in the beds. So I go out to the front and no one is there. They said they would be there for 24 hrs. Finally after 45 minutes someone answers when I call. I wait another 25 minutes. They tell me that there aren't bugs in their beds and is fighting that there are no way there are bugs there. Well, I have video and he looks at me like I'm lying. He said there is no way there are bugs. He acts like who cares. WELL A NORMAL PERSON WOULD CARE. So we have to take all our stuff at 3am and change rooms. We show him the video and laughs and says they aren't bed bugs. Who cares what kind of bugs they are, who wants to sleep with bugs in their bed. We change rooms and have to wake up at 10 am to check out. The room was extremely hot and no one go to sleep. The people running the desks were very rude and not helpful. When I left I had to wait 45 minutes to check out. Every person before me had their deposit taken away. They get to me and they try to tell me they didn't charge me for my extra people and they were stealing my deposit. The lady then said it should have been 25 per person, so the man did charge me double and steal from me. I had the yellow paper to prove I paid so she couldn't take it. If you have anyone you know that is not staying there go anywhere near the hotel be prepared to pay an extra 75 bucks even if they just visit for 5 minutes.

Overall this was the worst experience I ever had with anything. Pay an extra 50,100, even 200 and stay somewhere else and enjoy it because this place should be closed down.

• Liked — That I am out of there
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Metropole Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!