“What to say - its on the boardwalk” 3 of 5 stars

Aztec Ocean Resort
901 Boardwalk, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Westchester
“What to say - its on the boardwalk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Aztec is the Aztec - only hotel on the boardwalk - they have a monopoly. We had three rooms - on the third floor - one adjoining. The walls are thin - and it 4th of July weekend - yes its will be loud - your best bet is third floor facing street. Other than that - rooms are clean, bedding appears clean. Showers are hot. Yes toliet ran a bit, mother in law shower did not work - but the Air Conditioners did. I think next time I want to try - (despite the noise level) getting a room with a balcony - so I can sit out and not have to be right out in the sun, and not stuck in the room. Front desk ladies are very nice and cleaning staff are nice also. Not a 4 star motel - but if you worry about kids crossing the road this is your place. Nice clean pool, walk every where - parking is available. I like it quiet - this is not the spot - but ear plugs go a long way.

Room Tip: for a quieter room - try third floor facing street. There are lots of options for rooms - so please...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It is definitely a motel. The motel is definitely outdated but for the price ($185 a night) and location was great. Room was clean and fridge worked great. Bed was uncomfortable but after a night of drinking that didn't matter. Pool was also very clean. If you are looking for a clean room to sleep in then this is the place. You should be enjoying the boardwalk and beach.
The Aztec Bar was pretty empty but no fee and we still enjoyed our selves. Coming from NYC drink prices were great! DJ's not the greatest neither night but as usual you make your own fun. Every location on boardwalk is free but all DJs play the same thing and on repeat.
I am assuming since the show jersey shore must be the over abundance of cops and patrolees on the boardwalk. You are not allowed to drink in boardwalk. You really couldnt enjoy yourself because you feel like they are watching everything you do.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Millbrook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've read a lot of reviews about this place a lot of which were negative reviews. I'm not sure why someone would give those kinds of reviews. you cant come to seaside heights expecting a 5 star hotel. This hotel was built iin the 70s but there obviously has been some updates.As a person that has come to the jersey shore every year for 2/3 of my life I can say that this was by far my favorite place yet! The rooms were extremely clean. The personnel asked me if I needed anything( towels etc) the desk very helpful and courteous. Everything you would want regardless of family orientated or party bound vacation is at your finger tips. It's right on the boardwalk by the rides and beach. It has an attached bar and food service area. The pool was clean as was the area around it adjourned with lounge chairs and outside shower to keep it that way. If you want a room that's clean, has nice black out drapes for late nights or light sleepers and right in the middle of anything you would want , I recommend staying here. Thanks for a great time!

Room Tip: I stayed poolside. Next time I will try an ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We loved the Aztec! We were right on the beach which spared a lot of hassle with two little ones. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The mattress could use some updating but over all we were very pleased. Will stay again next year!

Room Tip: We were in room 103. Right by the pool and boardwalk. Never heard any noise from the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Easton, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Clean accommodations. Very loud with drunk 20 something's all around the hotel property all and I mean ALL hours of the night. People were trying to get into our room at 4 am. Very upsetting, they woke up my children and they couldn't go back to sleep. Pool was nice. Very close to beach, right on the boardwalk. If I was twenty one this would a perfect place, just not for families.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here whilst travelling around the US, and it was everything we needed it to be, cheap, cheerful and they let five of us squish in a family room, we were happy. The place is in need of a makeover, but so is all of Seaside Heights, so it fits in just fine! Theres a pool and its real close to the beach as its right on the boardwalk. Definitely not somewhere to go if your looking for a quiet nights sleep, but if your off out and want to be able to stagger home easily, its the place to be! The room was clean enough, and you've got all the facilities you need for a stay that doesnt involve being in the room much! I'd stay here again if travelling on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Peekskill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the Aztec over Labor Day wkend. The parking was sparse but found a spot. I was told I could have a poolside room with 2 queen beds and a sofa for our 5th person. Got the poolside room, no sofa. I asked about it and was told the rooms w/sofas had been booked since Thursday. I told I booked it on Wed.. I asked for a roll away cot. They don't have and so we crammed 3 in a bed...
The room was dated but relatively clean. I think the grout in the bathroom floor could be bleached and or re-grouted. There were only 2 pillows on each bed. We asked for more and was given 1.
Location was great, right on the boardwalk.
I don't think it's much of a family hotel. I would say more of a party one as there are beer flags hanging over the pool and beer posters hanging on walls around the pool.
If you're a partier and/or want convenience or even for a night, the place is good. I wouldn't stay here again though. I certainly wouldn't stay here for a week. I don't want to say anything too negative but it is very dated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aztec Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!