“YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUT!! (per the front desk)” 2 of 5 stars

Aztec Ocean Resort
901 Boardwalk, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUT!! (per the front desk)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Initially renting from Aztec and reading the reviews, I knew that what I was renting would not be as nice as your normal hotel or even Super 8 motel. Although our room was clean, we will definitely not rent from Aztec again. Maintenance issues in the room (leaking ceiling, no water pressure in the sink). Friday night there was a DJ in the club attached to the "resort" and the noise echoed in our room till 2AM. Drunks were running up and down our hallway until 4AM screaming and slamming doors. The most disappointing part of our stay was the Front Desk Staff members and what appeared to be a Manager. Anytime any issue were reported, they didn't apologize at all, nor fix the issues, nor were they sympathetic. They just told us that we could leave. I guess with the amount of business they do, they don't care about their guests. I highly would not recommend this place for families, especially those with small kids. On the bright side, the location was great and easy access to the board walk. The pool was also nice and clean, even though we did not use it. The price to access the beach was $7.00 per day. The beach was nice, water clear, the only disappointing thing about the beach is that I was not allowed to fly my kite. So NO having too much fun at Jersey shore or you will get the whistle blown at ya!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is a real trash pit. The walls and ceilings are cracked. The water temp is backwards.When you watch tv the wires have to be moved to get good receiption. The worst is the ant and bug guest that crawl everywhere on walls,ceiling ,floor ,and your suitcase.The nightclub is just as bad as the rest of the motel.Take this warning book somewhere else like a Comfort Inn or Days Inn type of resort.

• Stayed June 2013
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The best part of the hotel is the location, on the boardwalk. From there, it’s all downhill & definitely not worth close to $200 a night. The whole place in general needs a face lift. The hotel seems to have been neglected for many years. A good start would be a general over haul cleaning with paint to freshen up the look. Our room was dirty, it had holes in the bathroom door, broken ceiling tiles over the sink, broken mirror frame & broken vanity cabinet door. None of the furniture matched. The best part of the room was the air conditioner, it worked great. The fabric on the furniture was ripped and had holes. They were simply worn out. The pool area had rubber tiles on the walking surface that were lifting / buckled or missing. We would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel and the accomidations were very bad. The spickets were backwards on the sink. The bathroom was dirty. The tiles on the walls are chipping. The cable was a mess until my husband fixed the wires. The noise level of the guests was too loud. Kids were running and screaming down the hallway at 6am

• Stayed June 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This MOTEL is disgusting and looks nothing like the pictures they have online. Since it is called "Aztec Ocean Resort" I figured it would be somewhat decent. My boyfriend and I walked into the building and I was shocked to see how dirty and run-down it looked. After seeing this, I could only imagine what our room was going to look like. We walked in, and it was WORSE than what I expected. Our room looked like a shack. There was no carpet in the room and the floors were obviously not cleaned after the last person left because I almost immediately walked into something sticky. The sink was outside of the bathroom and the bathroom itself was extremely cramped and dirty looking. The blankets on the bed were all stained and old. As I took the blankets off and looked at the sheets I saw little hairs everywhere. The sliding glass balcony door barely opened and was super hard to shut and the balcony felt unsafe and dirty. Every inch of this place was dirty. I would have rather slept in my boyfriends 2 door car than sleep in this room. I woke up at 6 in the morning to people screaming at each other for 10 minutes. At this point I wish we would have demanded our money back. Do not waste your money here!!!!!! it is NOT worth the 175 we paid a night for 4 people.

Room Tip: Choose any room in Seaside Heights that isn't in this motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I was told this is the nicest of what seaside has to offer, thats saying alot! Housekeeping ladies are really nice and our room was clean. Cons.. Rooms need obvious repairs,matress was soft and beach is closed since boardwalk is still completely gone in front of it. Meaning no more rides :-( but fear not, construction workers are on scene 7 days a week to get boardwalk back up and looking better then ever. The nightclub is simple but has a great dj.
FYI when choosing this hotel I would advice travelers to bring Iron (since there arent any),as well as your own shampoos.

If your looking for something cheap and simple Aztec is your best bet.

• Stayed May 2013
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 times. The first time it was ok. The second time which was last summer(2012) when we went to the beach on the first day of our trip I placed my daughters ipad in the nightstand drawer while it was charging so cord sticking out and plugged in. (They didn't have a safe in the room) We locked the door. When we got back to the room the cord was there but the ipad was gone! (The room had been cleaned, door was still locked) We immediately spoke with the manger and we filed a police report. The hotel didn't do anything for us. The hotel was 100% responsible for our loss either their cleaning staff stole the ipad or the staff left the door open while cleaning and someone else went in and stole it. Either way they are to blame. The hotel didn't give us a free night, a free meal, nothing! I would never stay at this hotel again and I do NOT recommend anyone else staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Aztec Ocean Resort? Share your experiences!