“Same owners of Park Seafood with great seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Toms River, New Jersey
“Same owners of Park Seafood with great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Park Seafood is the best seafood on the Jersey Shore, and the Crab House is the Same owners. Since the fire on the Seaside Boardwalk, Park Seafood is no more, so you can get your fix for the best Seafood at this establishment. The restaurants serve some of the freshest seafood. Not overly fancy, it has a laid back feel and so does the food. It is just good and fresh. They also serve landlubbers dishes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Take the five Minute Drive to Tom's River, you'll be glad you did.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The name has changed, but I'm not sure about the quality.

My wife and I spent a few days in Seaside Heights. Most of our meals were typical Boardwalk fare. But, I always like to have at least one sit down meal where ever we go on vacation. Seaside Heights doesn't have many choices, so we picked Park Seafood.

It may be the best meal in Seaside, but I wouldn't go back.

After a long day on the beach, we were looking forward to something fresh when the waitress told us she'd bring us a basket of bread. The frozen bread sticks were a bit of a let down. Then the salads came. Two cherry tomatoes, two slices of cucumber and a handful of lettuce. Something as simple as a couple of croutons and some shredded carrot would have gone a long way toward making it more appetizing. Throw in a couple of quality olives and a little grated cheese and for a couple of pennies they could start off the meal with something worth eating.

My wife ordered the Prime Rib. The vegies were good, the baked potato was fine, but the meat tasted like leftover roast beef. I'm sure they don't sell enough to roast it fresh daily, so in my opinion, it shouldn't be on the menu.

I had the Lobster Ravioli. I'm guessing the ravioli was frozen. On first bite, I was rather disappointed. The Vodka sauce overwhelmed the lobster. After I wiped off about 90% of the sauce, it was much better. But still not what I had hoped for. The taste was somewhat lacking.

The service was good, but there were only a couple of tables at the time we were there.

The price was fair for Seaside Heights. We had more food than we could eat and sodas (no alcohol) for $63.00 including the tip.

The view of the boardwalk, beach and ocean was the best part of the meal.

Overall, I'd rather pay a little more for better food and a memorable meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lee, MA
“This place is gone but is replaced by a MUCH better one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is now Park Seafood. Crab House is gone. Check there reviews they are worth the stop. Aztec is a party hotel. Park Seafood is run well and has real food when your sick of boardwalk food

Visited August 2012
Flushing, New York
“Not worth it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I went here on our first night in town. The place looks nice. We sat right by the window overlooking the boardwalk. He got clam chowder which was good. My salad came heaped in dressing. I ordered prime rib (what a mistake!) rare. It came before my salad was even half done and COLD. Then the kid looked at me like I was lying when I told him to take it back. I guess I shouldn't have ordered something like that but it sounded so good. Anyway, I heard complaints at other tables too. Husband ordered crab stuffed shrimp which wasn't even real crab disappointing all around. I wouldn't recommend except for drinks because of the nice atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Eat elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wanted a nice dinner and lobster was pathetic. One chunk of meat. Waitress messed up other order and brought out wrong item. Ice tea tasted horrible. Only good thing was bread sticks

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere