“no way to run a business” 1 of 5 stars

Sea Palace Motel
126 Sumner Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Middletown, Connecticut
“no way to run a business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I found the owner's other business, the Anchor Motel, on the web and entered information about a 1 night stay & was quoted a price of $179. When i called th motel they indicated this price was for a 2 night stay only despite the fact that this was what was quoted on line. When I called this motel, the Sea Palace Motel, I was quoted on the phone a rate of $179. I then received a phone message & an email message telling me this was not to be honored as it was, again, the price for a 2 night stay. Neither the person I spoke at the Sea Palace or the online registration information indicated this condition. And as a previous reviewer mentioned, I was asked to pay for my stay ahead of time & would receive nothing back if I cancelled my reservation regardless of when the cancellation was made. Not for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
JD D, Owner at Sea Palace Motel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Our front desk staff did provided you the quote incorrectly. We informed of the mistake to you within an hour. You are trying to come on one of the busies weekend in the nation and price you were quoted was based on a two night stay. We had informed when you had called at Anchor Mote and the price you are quoted online is based on two nights and price is higher for single night for Anchor Mote and Sea Palace. But you still insisted calling Sea Palace Motel and our front desk staff did not know about the rate for single night being higher. I offered you the best possible rate but it was too high for you. Many of motels in seaside heights are requiring minimum two nights stay. We run a honest business and sometime employees make mistakes and we try to correct them as fast as we can.

JD

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is your average Seaside Heights Motel. Not the best and not the worst that I have stayed in on the island. The shower needs remodeling and cleaning and the sheets could use a good deep wash but nothing that was horrendously terrible. Friends that were staying at the hotel as well had an issue when they arrived with their room door lock not working, but the staff immediately gave them a new room and took care of the problem. The rooms were more spacious than I had expected and all in all it wasn't so bad.

If your going down to spend time at the beach, boardwalk, and clubs this is a good place to stay. Just keep in mind that it's a Seaside Heights beach motel not the Hyatt Regency. If you want a five star motel than Seaside is not your best option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New City, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Girls weekend get away from work, school, family and social media. This motel was very pleasant the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly especially since it was 5 ladies in one room arriving at 8:30pm. The room was very spacious and clean 3 comfortable queen size beds. The blower you need to request from the office along with extra towels. The balcony was a nice touch but the pool rocked; after a long day at the beach, water park, rides and casion piers it was the best spot to unwind. The down side to the pool is it closes at 10pm. The location was good the beach and night clubs were 1 1/2 blocks away. We are planning our next ladies weekend get away and Seaside is on our list to visit again.
Next time we block we want to be closer to the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Northern Jersey, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Due to visiting after a recent storm, there were no hotels in the area without flood damage. The staff was more than accommodating, providing air fresheners and upgraded rooms without upgrade fees to compensate for the minor damages. Even the first room we were assigned to only of a mild musky smell, however we were still upgraded to an immaculate upgraded room. Only two blocks from the beach and boardwalk, the sea palace provided everything we needed. The most important standard I personally have for hotels is cleanliness and customer service, both of which were outstanding here. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone searching in the seaside park/seaside heights area. Growing up in New Jersey, I have stayed at most of the hotels/motels in that area and The Sea Palace is by far my favorite!!!
(PS..I stayed here back in high school for a class trip and the manager had made our whole school T-shirts! They are awesome!)

Room Tip: No references...all rooms have their perks. I've stayed with them many times and have no favorit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Middlebury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and my friend were going to seaside for the weekend, and we wanted an afforable but clean motel to go to. After having a brutal experience with the Knights Inn, we call the sea palace and the staff was SO friendly, gave us a deal on the room, and gave us a GREAT room. This is only a block and a half away from the boardwalk and and beach, close to all bars and clubs, and very family friendly. The rooms were extremely nice, very clean and the most comfortable beds of any motel i have ever been to. id reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: choose sea palace inn!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

From the looks of this place it appeared to be clean. So we booked it. I can't say it was a total mistake, but we will not ever stay here again. They don't have an ice machine. What hotel/motel does not even have an ice machine? Our room only had one mirror and that was in the bathroom. The room its self was clean. Housekeeping should sweep behind the nightstands. Our sheets were dirty, (thank goodness we always take our own sheets) and the beds were worn OUT!! Our one bed literally had a dip in it! Also there was no phone in the room. So if you wanted to call the front dest you had to use your cell. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went for the weekend with my girlfriend and will never go back. When you first pull up you see a decent looking building and think "this isnt too bad". Well once we checked in we were taken to the motel area that seemed like not a single penny was put into the place since it opened 100 years ago. The staff is very strange and we felt like we were being watched. I even had to put a towel on the window to cover a "hole" in the blinds. The carpet was disgusting as well as the towels and sheets. We wanted to cancel the second night's stay and go elsewhere but everything else was all booked up. I am just happy we made it out of there without some kind of staff infection. That is probably due to my girlfriend who was so disgusted with the room she went to the store across the street to get Clorax wipes and clean on our vacation. NEVER AGAIN! SHOULD BE CONDEMED!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Palace Motel? Share your experiences!