“great motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Middlebury, Connecticut, United States
“great motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and my friend were going to seaside for the weekend, and we wanted an afforable but clean motel to go to. After having a brutal experience with the Knights Inn, we call the sea palace and the staff was SO friendly, gave us a deal on the room, and gave us a GREAT room. This is only a block and a half away from the boardwalk and and beach, close to all bars and clubs, and very family friendly. The rooms were extremely nice, very clean and the most comfortable beds of any motel i have ever been to. id reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: choose sea palace inn!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

From the looks of this place it appeared to be clean. So we booked it. I can't say it was a total mistake, but we will not ever stay here again. They don't have an ice machine. What hotel/motel does not even have an ice machine? Our room only had one mirror and that was in the bathroom. The room its self was clean. Housekeeping should sweep behind the nightstands. Our sheets were dirty, (thank goodness we always take our own sheets) and the beds were worn OUT!! Our one bed literally had a dip in it! Also there was no phone in the room. So if you wanted to call the front dest you had to use your cell. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went for the weekend with my girlfriend and will never go back. When you first pull up you see a decent looking building and think "this isnt too bad". Well once we checked in we were taken to the motel area that seemed like not a single penny was put into the place since it opened 100 years ago. The staff is very strange and we felt like we were being watched. I even had to put a towel on the window to cover a "hole" in the blinds. The carpet was disgusting as well as the towels and sheets. We wanted to cancel the second night's stay and go elsewhere but everything else was all booked up. I am just happy we made it out of there without some kind of staff infection. That is probably due to my girlfriend who was so disgusted with the room she went to the store across the street to get Clorax wipes and clean on our vacation. NEVER AGAIN! SHOULD BE CONDEMED!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

For my friends birthday, four of us girls went down to seaside for a quick getawy before we all left for school. The sea palace motel looked decent, but then when we checked in we were placed in the sea palace motel. ABSOlUTELY HORRIBLE! will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! the refridgetaor was not cleaned out and contained someones left over food, the bathroom was a disgrace, in order for us to use the refridgerator tv and microwave we had to unplug one device since there was only 2 outlits. FRONT DESK STAFF IS RUDE AND LAZY! DO NOT STAY. very shady!

Room Tip: try another hotel, this is not worth money
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

its one of the worst motel ever...very rude staff and an extremely small swimming pool...don't let the internet pictures fool you..i don't understand the positives reviews what are these people thinking ..dirty rooms...my advise to everyone ...DO NOT GO THERE If you have children...the manager Ray has charged a guest more money than what Expedia has already charged the guest and the reason was ...that's the way it is....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

This place is absolutely disgusting! I don't understand previous positive reviews, my only assumption is maybe "the inn" (first building) is nicer than the motel. I stayed @ the motel, my sheets were dirty and the comforter and box spring were covered by some red sticky beverage. The floor was very sticky and when I stepped on a wet towel it left a black foot print from walking around barefoot. My washcloth was a cleaning rag that was stained with black. They do not enforce quiet time@10 like they imply, there were very loud drunk people outside my room @ 2 am and no phone in the room to call the front desk. I've never left a hotel in fear of catching a fungus or disease from the room like I do after leaving this place. So gross! The staff was somewhat friendly on a positive note.

• Stayed July 2011
massapequa, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been staying with this hotel for the past couple of years. Great, friendly staff, cute clean rooms with full baths, small fridge and microwave, and a little area with a mirror a long desk and two comfy chairs. Seaside Heights is about outdoor fun, and not about glitz and glam in the rooms... You won't find ANY motel/hotel down here that offers what the Ritz Carlton does! Trust me, I've stayed in some of the nicest hotels that offer everything and anything totally first class but not when we come to Saside bc Seaside is not about that!! If you want everything exclusive go down to Gurneys Inn in Montauk, NY (The Hamptons). We're going back to Sea palace the end of July 2011 (next month) and we can't wait to stay with them again! We always look forward to our visit to the Jersey Shore and staying at the Sea Palace!

Room Tip: cute, clean, friendly staff, LOCATION!!
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Palace Motel? Share your experiences!