“Decent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Decent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Decent place to stay at Sea Side, quick walk to the boardwalk. Staff was nice and checked us in earlier then needed. Rooms were fairly clean, and a great size typical Sea Side Motel. I'd say overall great place, they support Veterans and give discounts. I recommend this place to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Franklin Square, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Not a great motel. But good luck finding a great motel in seaside heights. I did a lot of reviewing and researching and held my breath and booked. I was told when I booked online i'd get an email confirmation. never got one. I called and spoke to the manager and requested it, he said he'd send one and again I never got it. Luckily check in went ok. THe property is in dire need of some TLC and maintenance. The pool is teeny but looked clean. There is an enormous list of fines for various offenses you may commit (I read about this prior to visiting so I was prepared. but it was still something to see) If you check you late you are charged another day. If the floor is "Wet with no odor or stain" $200 Leaving the room "messy" upon check out $100. We spent the weekend making fun of the list. - Don't leave the lights on $75! Walk quieter, that's $25! Don't lock your key in the room, $100!

The door to our room was all dented and you sort of had to throw your entire body weight into it to get it to open. The room was clean-ish, the dressers were gunky and some drawers were broken and stuck. the hangers were sticky (?!) Bathroom was clean. Our room had 3 beds, surprisingly, and it was on the large side.

We brought our own sheets, blanket and pillow, highly recommended. We didn't bring our own towels but definitely bring yours. The towels were teeny, looked about 72 years old, and felt like sandpaper on my skin.

All this for $200 a night.

It was a good distance from the boardwalk, far enough from the craziness but a short walk. You just have to know what you're getting, you can't expect luxery. Not sure if i'd go back.

Room Tip: I got a "balcony room" it was nearly impossible to open the sliding door, and the balcony...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is our 2nd yr here and Ill admit I was worried this year since I booked in May for Aug stay and the communication was not good, I specifically requested a certain room and had I not emailed to confirm mid July I would have been angry when I arrived and not gotten the floor I requested..BUT Roy fixed the problem and all worked out fine..I received the 3rd fl balcony room above the dumpster as the previous review complained about..It is large, clean and the dumpster NEVER smelled the entire 12 days were were there..It is a shore motel..all these ppl looking for fancy hotel arnt going to find them on the shore...hello..get over it..clean, friendly and safe parking IS what youll find! Ill attach photos of the "view" from our room. Please know this is NOT an ocean front hotel so what ever "view" you are looking for it will be of a parking lot..who cares..What I do what to gloat about this stay is the response to PARTYING guests..Normally hotels turn a blind ear to this because its a party town, I get that, they need money like we all do,, but when guests are drunk and sound like a heard of elephants is it really necessary? Well after such a nite I asked Roy what he does about such a thing . I loved his response.. "Oh room 21? Yes they were rowdy? I kicked them out" !! Prompts to him to think of ALL this guests not just a party dollar! Other tid bits I can offer are, there beds are comfy but only have a sheet and thin comforter.I bring my own blanket. Shower is weak Id hope he'd replace or clean the shower heads before next year. Also housekeeping is on request although I was asked after 3 days if I wanted it..I did not..we are clean and prefer no one goes in our room anyway, and we do laundry and bring towels. I did look at other hotels this trip but since he kicked those party ppl out, he has earned us as repeat guests next year..OH and as we were checking out..he was nice enough to offer us a free nites stay if we wanted another nite! WHO DOES THAT?? I wish I could have taken him up on the offer..darn jobs..lol..Any questions feel free to message me.

Room Tip: The pool is small but perfect after a long beach day..top floor room quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better stay it had a great view and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Roy was a great help and made the stay a lot more suitable. If I could I would go back in a heartbeat to relax and enjoy a wonderful vacation at the motel.

• Stayed August 2014
Watkins Glen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

All I can say is that the GOOD ratings given to this place must be by themselves. We wanted a room with a balcony--got one--right over the dumpster. I had a reservation for 3 nights, after seeing the room I was ready to go. I had to clean the bathroom myself and it didn't look any better. I was appalled that this was our vacation room for 3 nights for 159 a night. the room was dated and the place was horrendous. they have people renting apartments there, and one old man hung out by the pool in his underwear. I am not kidding and you can't make this up! My teenage granddaughter was with me and did not need to see this. The pool is tiny--the pictures lie. AND THERE IS NO MONEY BACK!!! We left the next morning at 8 am to find ANYTHING better . We found a wonderful place right on the beach, ocean views, gorgeous pool for 135 a night, Oceanside Condominiums. The prices was high, and the rooms were pitiful. I am trying to save anyone from a bad experience. Also no ocean view, and in the middle of a parking lot and construction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would like to thank Roy which is the Hotel Manager for accommodating our family within such a short notice..... We called him last minute for the 4th of July weekend...He was so friendly and knowledgeable...He went out of his way to personally go to each room and take pictures so we could see what the rooms looked like...The reason we asked for this is because many times picture are so nice, then when you get to the physical location it is terrible and looks nothing like what was on the photos...To our pleasant surprise the place was remodeled after Sandy and the rooms were so much nicer than the photos that are posted on their website....
My family and I stayed in the apartment which had 2 separate bedrooms and full size private kitchen with all appliances...The kitchen was also stocked with pots,pans,plates,silverware,microwave,stove,coffee pot...Everything was so clean...The bathrooms were stocked and super clean as well..The TVS were state of the art with HDMI cables for your viewing pleasure..
Anything we needed Roy would give us with out a problem.
I would not consider this a motel but more like a hotel.
There is a pool with a lounge area that was open late.
A grocery store just in case you need anything from a juice to deli meat,snacks and so much more
We also got beach tags for the whole week..The Beach was one short block away.
I can go on and on about what an amazing experience we had.
We will not only be coming back but we will also refer everyone we know
We will definitely see you again before summer is over
Rob,Michelle, and Family

Room Tip: The Multi-Bedroom Apartment was amazing as well as the Family deluxe room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trenton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is not very clean but we were willing to stay because of the lower price and location. Once we checked out, the owners claimed we caused extra dirty conditions and casued minor damage. We absolutely did not as we were only in there to sleep and shower. They insisted on keeping a portion of our a security deposit during checkout. There are plenty of other places to stay, do not stay here, it is not worth the trouble and $$!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chandrakant P, Manager at Palm Villa Suites Motel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking time to write review.I would like to personally apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay.

We at Palm Villa Suites,Want You to enjoy your stay.enjoying Your stay does not include damaging our property.

We Had provided you nice,clean Room with comfortable modern facilities.our rooms were Recently Renovated.You would had made in our notice about cleanliness of room or any problem in your 3 night stay,so we can improve and take necessary Action.

To be honest We had noticed broken blinds and dirty walls at your late check out time.Still we let you go as a good will and wanted you to come back here .we dint charge you any late checkout fee or fine for leaving room messy and damaging blinds,which were brand new.i was ready to show you receipt that says we purchased new blinds before your check in date.still you kept on arguing, threatened to write bad review on internet,and in front of us you were telling other Prom kids not to come here again which is not Fair.

Still We Would like to invite you back to our hotel and will try to make your stay more Comfortable and great ever.

Been to Palm Villa Suites Motel? Share your experiences!