“Clean, Affordable Hotel with Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Palm Villa Suites Motel
1211 Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Affordable Hotel with Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

This place is good for families because it is so conveniently located to a lot of attractions. Our room was very clean upon arrival and was cleaned everyday by the maid. I was nice to come back to a clean room after being at the beach all day. We stayed for a week and drove to Island Beach State Park on Monday and Tuesday cause it cheaper than buying beach tags. It was only a 10 min drive and the beach is beautiful. Wed and Thur we walked 2 block to the reg beach b/c its free those days. We really had a lot of fun and enjoyed ourselves. Because the pool is small the other guests tended to avoid it so we practically had it to ourselves the whole week so that was a major plus.

• Liked — Location, Clean
  • Disliked — I think we should have booked the bigger room. It was a little cramped with 4 adults and 2 kids.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hackensack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed at the Palm Villa Suites for the weekend. The room was very spacious and clean. There was plenty of room for all six of us not to get in each other’s way. The balcony was nice and we could see many of the rides on the Boardwalk from it. The location is very convenient. It is two blocks away from Breakwater Beach Water Park and one block from the Boardwalk. There are many decent restaurants nearby. Everything is within walking distance. The pool was clean but small.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — 10:00 a.m. checkout
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Garden City NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I chose Palm Villa after calling two other motels and being dissatisfied with the helpfulness of the staff. The clerk at Palm Villa was very helpful as was the staff when I arrived. They have a deli that is clean and well-stocked. The pool was on the small side but the water is very, very clean. The room was nothing special but hey, you are spending your day at the beach anyway! Only one bock away from the beach and boardwalk.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — attention to room cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

If you're looking for the Hilton or Marriot, go somewhere else. But if you'd like an inexpensive, clean and comfortable room, this is the place. We were looking for a place to relax for a few days and found exactly what we were looking for. The managers, CK and Clarissa, were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. There is a deli/convenience store in the building which was a plus. And their subs were fantastic! The pool was very small but we weren't interested in using it since we were there for beach access. Even the local residents were very friendly. The area was very quiet and I felt safe. We were within walking distance to
restaurants for breakfast, a block from the beach and a 10 minute drive to Tom's River. Seaside Heights doesn't have all the attractions of other vacation area like Wildwood but if you want some quiet time on the beach and a nice place to sleep, consider this place for your accommodations.

• Liked — inexpensive, clean, convenient
  • Disliked — no reading lamps next to beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

My boyfriend and I just returned from a two night, three day stay at the Palm Villa Suites in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. I have to say that I did do some research prior to beginning our mini-trip and this motel was one of many that came up on a website. I liked what I saw in comparison to others and printed directions for once we arrived. My boyfriend, a returning Seaside Heights visitor, assured me that if there were any problems once we got there, that there were blocks and blocks of other motels to choose from. ...and off we went.

We arrived in Seaside Heights and I was fascinated. It reminded me of being a kid again, and brought back so many memories of traveling to similar places as a child with my family. We found the Palm Villa Suites in no time, using the motels own directions printed right off their website. Once we checked in, I didn't want to check out!

The most memorable part of our "motel stay" was the staff and the simplicity, yet perfection of the place. Nothing was overly elaborate, but just right. The prices were extremely reasonable, the service was quick and professional, and each staff member we encountered was courteous and extremely helpful. Our room was clean, smelled great, and decorated very nicely. The motel has a small pool and a very relaxing outdoor atmosphere. We spent both evenings by poolside, unwinding from a long days vacation. ;)

Check-out was a sinch, and there were no hidden surprises. I think now days we get caught up in the hype of giant resorts and fancy things and forget how nice and relaxing, a simple, quiet vacation can really be. Palm Villa Suites was able to provide this in and out. If what you're looking for is a truely simple, and absolutely wonderful get away, this IS the place for YOU!

• Liked — the atmosphere
  • Disliked — check out at 10am, wished it was a little later
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

What appears on their website to be a clean , pleasant motel with a pool, was in actuality a startling disapointment. I must admit that my trip was immediately tainted by the desk clerk who insisted that I had no room booked. So there I was with my 7 year old wondering where we were going to sleep. After some choice words from me, the clerk offered to put me in a much larger, more expensive room than I was promised on the phone. Affraid that there would be no vacancys elsewhere, I said OK. However not 5 minuted later the clerk begged me to switch rooms because the one he put me in was already booked to someone else. I looked at the much smaller room into whicn he wanted me to move and it seemed adequate so I agreed. (Can't imagine why it was NOT available 5 mintutes earlier when I showed up). However, I discovered later that once the loud AC has been running for a while the entire room smelled like wet dog and cheap cigars. We tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Other diappointments included a general dinginess and an incredibly tiny pool.

If you plan to hit Seaside, I suggest you try somewhere else.

• Liked — It's Picture
  • Disliked — The sloppy staff and quesionable business
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Central New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I found Palm Villa suites in Seaside Heights NJ on the Internet.
A group of us stayed for 4 nights. Location was great in that it was close to the boardwalk but not too close so there was not a lot of miscellaneous noise. One of my friends enjoyed just sitting on the balcony. We stayed in their U-shaped room which was a great layout that provided space enough for 5 people so that we were not tripping over each other. The men that worked the front desk were very polite and easy to deal with - they found an iron & ironing board for us at our request and were professional and courteous. The housekeeping service had their timing perfect - we never saw them but the room was always done when we needed it to be.

A comment about the area - I found it frustrating to find a decent restaurant with reasonable prices... the other option seemed to be eating every meal on the board walk, which would work nicely if I could just make up my mind what I wanted for breakfast: the waffle with ice cream or a fudge-dipped apple!

• Liked — Courteous Staff
  • Disliked — I forgot to book a kitchenette instead
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Palm Villa Suites Motel? Share your experiences!