“Pleased once again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Plains, Pennsylvania
“Pleased once again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

A friend and I stayed at PVS last year (2012) and had no issues and decided to stay again in June of 2013. Once again, we have no issues and were very pleased with our stay. There wasnt much of a crowd in town that weekend were there so the hotel was pretty empty. We were allowed to check in early, really early. We also got to see the show Hotel Impossible due a segment of their show here as they were in town helping hotels recover from Super Storm Sandy. They installed a brand new pool area the weekend we were in town. Overall, no complains here. We will be back next summer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lee, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have been goin to SSH for at least 6 yrs...we have tried 3 hotels..We are NOT party people in this party town, we go for the beach. This hotel offered us clean HUGE rooms, friendly staff, and no drunk parties! Which has been the problems in the past hotels. We checked in early with Jack in the office. He was so nice,helpful and professional. He showed us our room BEFORE we checked in. I like this cuz we see and he sees any problems before we take the room. It was HUGE! We had a 3rd floor balcony room. 2 beds and a sleeper pull out. Beds were comfy and clean. Wifi didnot work at all the entire time, they said it was due to Sandy but I was able to connect to a free wifi hotspot from TWC so it was fine. Now the bathroom is basic, heres my take on it..there was a grab bar missing and this plastic shelving unit was more in the way then useful. I bring my own shower caddy with me. I am an "average" size american and the shelving unit and curtain were kinda crowding so I put a bottle on the curtain to make it curve out and it was fine. A curved curtain rod would be a nice update. Also new shower heads as the pressure was weak due to maybe clogged holes? All in all basic hotel bathroom nothing gross! House keeping only comes in if you ASK for it by 2pm..I LIKE this! We are neat people and prefer no one coming in our room while we are at the beach. We had to do laundry anyway cuz we packed light so we washed our own towels. The store downstairs was a great plus, they make great "SUBS" and had coffee and anything else you really might need. We didnot use the pool. It was SMALL but inviting. Nicely set up and clean. Jack was always there to greet you morning and nite. They had cameras set up every where again I LIKE this I felt safe. This is by far the best hotel I have tried and I hope to make it our go to hotel from now on! Also at check out Jack checks the room before you leave so again no surprises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
poughkeepsie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family and I have stayed here many times over the years.This by far was are best stay ever! We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived the pool area was all redone better then ever! We entered the office and were greeted by Jack the manager with a friendly smile ! Jack showed us our room It was clean and all redone we were thrilled!!!... Thank you Jack for a wonderful vacation!!!.... Also would like to thank Orlando ,he helps to keep the place nice and clean. We hope the fishing pier is done soon so he can go fishing! There is also a deli on site. Lisa makes great subs and salads and can give you tips on the great night life in seaside...Thanks Lisa. Our family highly recommends The Palm villa suites when planning a trip to Seaside heights NJ!!!...Thanks for a great stay....See you next year ! The Siggelkow family.

new york, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because it had decent reviews and the price was reasonable. I booked a suite for my family of 4. The room size was okay, a bed and in one room and pull out couch in the other. There was nothing that closed off the rooms from each other. The room was not particularly clean, especially the tile floor. It was filthy. When I informed the manager, he was apologetic and had it cleaned. However, there were other areas that did not look clean. The mattresses on the bed and pull out couch were in very poor condition. The air conditioner did not get the front room cold. AND there were no curtains on the windows.
Luckily we did not spend much time in the room.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I checked in with my husband, two teens and a child. When we got to the room I noticed there was only one bed and a sofa bed. How is that supposed to work for 5 ppl! I asked for a room with at least two beds and of course was denied my request. They did bring us a foldout bed which was nice but no extra blanket or pillow. By the time we noticed the office was closed. Wifi didn't work at all. TVs were tiny. We will not be staying here again. I will pay a little extra for a better room.

• Stayed July 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Palm Villa now for five consecutive years and I highly recommend staying there. Jack the manager is helpful and friendly and attentive to the customers needs, The rooms are clean and spacious. There is a convenience store on site that carries most items. The hotel is conveniently located near the beach and many restaurants. Seaside Heights is back from the storm and they did an excellent job of rebuilding, I plan on staying at the Palm Villa for many more seasons.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this past week. Traveled with 2 adults and 2 teens. Had a great stay here. Jack the Manager was very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff. Room was very clean as well as the pool. Having the store right down stairs was very convenient. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk and CVS and 7-11 are right down the street. We have stayed elsewhere in Seaside before and the place was a dump so this was a welcome change. We had a remodeled room and two flat screen TV's in our room. Totally enjoyable. I have worked in hotel management for the past 25+ years and appreciate a good place to stay and staff. Thanks you - we will back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Palm Villa Suites Motel? Share your experiences!