“Worth It?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
new york, ny
“Worth It?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because it had decent reviews and the price was reasonable. I booked a suite for my family of 4. The room size was okay, a bed and in one room and pull out couch in the other. There was nothing that closed off the rooms from each other. The room was not particularly clean, especially the tile floor. It was filthy. When I informed the manager, he was apologetic and had it cleaned. However, there were other areas that did not look clean. The mattresses on the bed and pull out couch were in very poor condition. The air conditioner did not get the front room cold. AND there were no curtains on the windows.
Luckily we did not spend much time in the room.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I checked in with my husband, two teens and a child. When we got to the room I noticed there was only one bed and a sofa bed. How is that supposed to work for 5 ppl! I asked for a room with at least two beds and of course was denied my request. They did bring us a foldout bed which was nice but no extra blanket or pillow. By the time we noticed the office was closed. Wifi didn't work at all. TVs were tiny. We will not be staying here again. I will pay a little extra for a better room.

• Stayed July 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Palm Villa now for five consecutive years and I highly recommend staying there. Jack the manager is helpful and friendly and attentive to the customers needs, The rooms are clean and spacious. There is a convenience store on site that carries most items. The hotel is conveniently located near the beach and many restaurants. Seaside Heights is back from the storm and they did an excellent job of rebuilding, I plan on staying at the Palm Villa for many more seasons.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this past week. Traveled with 2 adults and 2 teens. Had a great stay here. Jack the Manager was very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff. Room was very clean as well as the pool. Having the store right down stairs was very convenient. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk and CVS and 7-11 are right down the street. We have stayed elsewhere in Seaside before and the place was a dump so this was a welcome change. We had a remodeled room and two flat screen TV's in our room. Totally enjoyable. I have worked in hotel management for the past 25+ years and appreciate a good place to stay and staff. Thanks you - we will back.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have been coming to Seaside Heights for over 30 years, the past 10 to 15 we have been staying at Palm Villa. They have always taken care of our needs. A good night's rest and friendly service especially Jack, the hotel manager. It was good to see Seaside Heights built back up and running after hurricane Sandy, from the arcades to 3 Brothers Pizza (which is the best pizza in the world).

So I would suggest coming to Palm Villa for fun, rest and relaxation in the sun.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The price is low for the location is hard to beat, being only a block from the boardwalk. But like most things in life, you get what you pay for. I have never stayed anywhere else in New Jersey because I came all the way from Wisconsin but this is the worst place I have ever payed for. The carpets are green and the furniture is old and chipped away. The tv is tiny and the shower takes a good 20 minutes to get warm (never hot) and for a little bit of our stay the water was completely turned off. We laid blankets down and slept on then because the place just felt dirty. There is a huge list of things you cant do or else you will receive extra charges to your card. I was scared to do anything or I would get charged. Like i said I have never stayed around here before but in Wisconsin hotels are nothing like this. Right after we got into our room my girlfriend went in the bathroom and started to cry because she felt like we wasted our money on a dump. Quite frankly I agreed but just wasn't about to cry over it. My advice is to spend a little more and get a reasonable room. Not a complete dump.

If you plan to never be in the room and just need a place to stay while on a trip exploring then this could be your place. But if you care about cleanliness then this is not for you.

Room Tip: This place is so cheap because well... its disgusting. Spend the little extra and get something bett...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The rooms were clean. Fresh vacuum marks in carpet. Sheets and pillow cases look good. Big enough room for two people with queen bed and additional pull out couch.

Close to board walk... With a Store in lobby and deli in lobby.

Couldn't connect to wifi... Manager said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Flat screen TV but lost signal. Could be satellite issue.

Will be adding photos.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Palm Villa Suites Motel? Share your experiences!