“It's decent enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Elmira, New York
“It's decent enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean. Fresh vacuum marks in carpet. Sheets and pillow cases look good. Big enough room for two people with queen bed and additional pull out couch.

Close to board walk... With a Store in lobby and deli in lobby.

Couldn't connect to wifi... Manager said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Flat screen TV but lost signal. Could be satellite issue.

Will be adding photos.

• Stayed August 2013

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Our plans were to spend most of our time outside of the room, so we just wanted a clean place close to the boardwalk, with a refrigerator to keep some food in. We had a suite, with queen sized bed and 2nd room with trundle bed (instead of a couch) with microwave and mini-refrigerator/freezer, and small table with 3 chairs. The room was clean. The towels were the type for this level of hotel, so we used our own. I also used the small pool while my husband read in a deck chair. The first night was very quiet. The second night I could hear the people next door talking (low) but only in the front room, so it never bothered us. Jack the manager was very helpful with questions and keeps a close eye of what is happening there.

Room Tip: If you do not like stairs, ask for a lower level room. We liked being on the third floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nutley, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

There is no better place to stay. My family and I have been going to Palm Villa Suites for 7 years. The owner is a sweetheart and there is nothing he would not do for you. Great spacious, immaculate rooms with flat screen tv. One stay at Palm Villa and you would try no place else. THE BEST OF SEASIDE HEIGHTS- PALM VILLA SUITES

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, could not ask for anything more.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I reserved this motel for my daughter after reading some reviews and seeing it was rated four stars and the price was lower than others (guess I should have figured why). I asked (Jack) on the phone if the rooms were clean and was told "yes, we take care of our motel". My daughter and her friend arrived, checked in and not asked if they'd like beach passes which were mentioned on their web page, so she and her friend paid to get on the beach. The room wasn't too clean, dead bugs on the floor, hair on the sheets (so glad I made her take a sheet with her). This doesn't sound "taken care of". She's glad it was just one night's stay! (Gave it a 3 average rating only because it looked nice on the outside)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The purpose of this review isn't to bad talk this Motel. It is to reflect my personal experience and help other people to make a decision to stay at Palm Villa Suites or keep looking. I've compiled a list of positive and negative points rather than writing long paragraphs.

Positives:
Outside appearance of the establishment was appealing, Friendly manager, working fridge and microwave, good cold a/c, decent flatscreen tv and channel selection, comfortable queen bed, great location

Negatives:
Expensive for one night's stay/low quality room, Bad dingy smell (this was a non smoking room), Small/dim single ceiling light, stained dirty carpet, cracked stained tub, no antibacterial hand soap (only hotel sample body/face soap for bathing was provided), no paper towels (a tissue box was provided in the wall dispenser to dry your hands) MANY dead bugs on the windowsill, small pool, no wifi, mystery stains on mattress and bedsheets along with hair on the pillow (didn't appear the sheets had been freshly changed), toilet paper holder was corroded and couldnt be removed to change the roll, an employee was making a scene in the parking lot/screaming rude insults and offensive profanities to someone over the phone (saw said person go back into the office and continue working, so it was definately an employee)

Overall, I do not plan on staying here again. The location was perfect, only about one block from the boardwalk, which made us choose this motel. I do not recommend this motel to anyone who would like a higher quality place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been vacationing in Seaside Heights for most of my life, and for the past 15 years or so, have stayed at Palm Villa Suites.

This year, I wasn't sure what Palm Villa, or Seaside Heights in general, would look like after the rebuilding after Superstorm Sandy. However, I was very impressed with everything! Palm Villa looks great, especially after knowing the first level was flooded, including the deli. The deli is back up and running, and the pool area is better than before.

Even though FunTown pier is gone, and so is half of Casino Pier, overall everything else is the same on the boardwalk, if not better. The whole length of the boardwalk is rebuilt and almost all of the stores, restaurants, arcades are open.

In summary, vacationing in Seaside Heights and staying at Palm Villa was great as usual. The hotel manager, Jack, was very nice and accommodating; he made us feel very welcome. That is very important when you stay at a hotel/motel.

P.S. Palm Villa is only a short walk to a great breakfast place, Bobber's. Check it out if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My stay at the hotel was fabulous. The hotel took my group of 10 while no other hotel would due to us being all young adults. The hotel manager Jack was fantastic. He helped us in so many ways, I actually thought I was annoying him with all the questions I had for him, but he always had a smile on and willing to help me out. The whole staff there were just so easy going and respectful. I would definitely go back and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Villa Suites Motel? Share your experiences!