We stayed in one of the "Balcony Rooms". The room was laid out just as it appears on their website. What the website doesn't show you a picture from the room entrance. When you walk in there is a queen size bed against one wall. Diagonal to the queen bed there is a twin size trundle bed. You have about 12 inches between the two beds to pass through. I was unable to walk through the space with my suitcase. A second queen size bed was tucked in another corner of the room.
Pros: The room was clean. Decent size balcony. AC worked very well. New flat screen TV. Off street parking (some of the spaces are small, if you have a big vehicle you may run into some problems). We got two free passes to the beach. Free access to wifi (we were given two access codes and could only connect two wireless devices, not a big deal). The pool is very small but they kept it clean. The mattresses and box springs are sealed in "bed bug proof" covers.
Cons: One queen size bed was broken, the head end on one corner was angled down toward the floor. The mattresses are of poor quality, clearly cheap. The freezer door on the refrigerator was broken, one fo the tabs that held the door in place was snapped off. The bathtub had a huge crack in the bottom of it. It felt like you were going to fall through. It looks like they tried to fix it with some kind of sealer. See pictures I attached. To be clear, there was a crack in this tub! Water was able to pass through while we showered. On the second day I returned to the room and found that everything in the fridge was warm. Someone unplugged the fridge while we were gone ( I assume they did this so they could plug in a vaccum) and they left it unplugged. The clean towels are stored on top of th toilet tank. Guys, install a shelf, please! The door knob on the entry door was banged up pretty bad. There was no dead bolt so that door knob was the only thing securing the door. The lack of a dead bolt doesn't matter much because the door was flimsy. There were a lot of drunks staggering around at night, one of them puked in the parking lot. I'd have liked a more secure room. There were security cameras all over the place which is nice but does not instill much confidence. It's great that you'll have video of the guy that easily kicks in the door to my room. I'd rather have a solid door with a dead bolt so it's not easily entered.
If you are a college kid and want a cheap place to stay this is for you. If you are traveling with kids and you can afford to pay more for a room, do so.
Note: We did not report any of these issues to management. There was no reason to. During cleaning of the room it should have been obvious that these problems were present.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're family owned and operated We're the most asked for motel in Seaside Heights We have our own in-house delicatessen and convenience store We're only one Short block away to the beach and boardwalk Children Under 12 Stay Free! (Maximum 2 Children per Paying Adult) We're centrally located to all of Seaside Heights' great attractions Looking for large, spacious accommodations for your visit to Seaside Heights? Then look no further than the Palm View Suites Motel! We have it all ~ Waiting just for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Palm Villa Suites Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Villa Hotel Seaside Heights
- Palm Hotel Seaside Heights
- Palm Motel Seaside Heights