“Staff was great!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Northwest, NJ
“Staff was great!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

We stayed at the Four Winds Motel last week and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating. The motel has a very nice pool and a sun deck. Our room was very clean and we had a nice view of the ocean. We will definitely stay there again in the future!

• Liked — The location.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jane913
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

I never got a chance to stay, the night man told me it was a two night minium stay but yahoo had a rate for 1 night. I called the man back and asked him nicely if there was anyway i could rent just for one night, he yelled at me, told me off, and hung up on me.
- Susan ( roomless)

Stayed August 2007
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Let me start with the positive. ++ Great location. Very very short walk to boardwalk and beach and shopping. Price a bit cheaper than the others but now I know why. The pool was nice and warm enough to be comfortable for me and my kids.

-- The rooms are dirty, stained seats, floors gross, unsure of the cleanliness of towels and linens?? Communication barrier when speaking with owners. They have poor English speaking skills. No one cleaned our room for the 3 days while we were there and we had to ask for new towels. I do not recommend.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

I frequent hotels in New Jersey ,New England, and Pennsylvania, and this was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. I was afraid to take a shower or touch the towels. I went out and purchased a towel and flip flops so I did not have to touch the floors with my bare feet. I was furious about the condition, but it was during the off season and there was no other places open. The swimming pool had all types of chairs and garbage floating in it. The walkways had broken glass scattered everywhere. A real dive!!!!! Stay away from it!

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — Everything about this place was disgusting
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away unless the hotel does a major renovation with management as well as housekeeping
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

i just got back from seaside i have stayed here for years but i think this was my last time the hotel was very dirty there was toys ,leaves floating in the pool.its getting run down only saw owner twice when i checked in and checked out the pillows had no pillow cases and one was so dirty and moldy would probley catch something if i used it also old ac's laying around outside and a old mattress which was still there when we left this place went down hill

• Stayed August 2005
belleville, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2005

I have just returned from my vacation and stay at the FourWinds Motel.
When we got there the double room was not yet vacated so the owner gave us an apartment with 2 bedrooms, living room, full size kitchen and dinning area. He was so sweet and kind. Charged me the same rate he quoted over the phone. He always asked if everything was ok. He hand delivered us fresh towels every day. It wasn't the Trump Castle, but it sure was nice and homey and the A/C was great Yes there were people from all walks of life, young kids, familys, old folks, handicapped folks but everyone was nice and kind and friendly. He is a new owner and really trying hard to make everything as nice as possible. I did meet a lady that had know the old owner and missed him very much. People sometimes don't like change, and I can understand that, but be fair and give Perry a chance, he is a hard working man.

Very reasonable Very Nice

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

In all my life, I have never, ever seen a place so disgusting dirty and being run by people who are totally clueless on how to run a motel. These people were rude, nasty and sarcastic and downright insulting. When asked for 2 extra pillows, I was told make sure I do not take them home.
These people just bought the motel in January 2005. This place no longer has any kind of cleaning service. Beds are never made up from the nite before, bathrooms are never wiped down. People need to stay away from this place, and maybe the owners will wisen up and realize motels must have a cleaning service.

Been to Four Winds Motel? Share your experiences!