“worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Seaside Heights

You added Travelodge Seaside Heights to your Saves list
Travelodge Seaside Heights
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   314 Bay Blvd, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751 (Formerly Village Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #42 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Seaside Heights
“worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Air condioioner dripped so much water into the room it would have sank Noah's. Arc. The cord was rapped in plastic in an attempt to avoid electrocution. Carpeting at pool was ripped up and rolled into a ball. To access pool u had to enter a high jump compition.I Rated this room a 1 because there was not a zero to choose. There was no breakfast. There was no coffee in lobby or room there was no towels to cups etc.
Pics are avail upon request.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

GM08751, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Seaside Heights, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are so sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. We will immediately address your concerns regarding the air conditioner, the carpeting at the pool, the meals, and towels. These issues will be brought to our staff’s attention. We hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for these difficulties, and we thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I will admit that I am one of the easiest people in the world to please. Give me basic hotel accommodations and I am happy: a comfortable bed, an economical price, air conditioning, a good location, clean linens, and a cable TV that works. All these amenities were delivered to me no problem. Most of the negative remarks outlined in previous reviews of this hotel are accurate. I guess that these more trivial issues don't aggravate me as much as more demanding guests.

This hotel does have flaws. There was no continental breakfast. Only a half filled jar of stale cheerios. No wash cloths or soap was provided. I was given 2 bottles of conditioner and no shampoo. I raised these issues with management and they happily provided me with the correct items. This hotel is in a working class / blue collar location. So I was not surprised at some of the animated riff raff clientele. This didn't bother me since I am accustomed to working and living in such locations. I just made sure not to flaunt a fancy vehicle or Gucci pocketbook when arriving to my room. Staff was not present at the front desk and didn't answer the phone much of the time. They would usually show up 10 - 15 minutes later to address any concerns I might have at the moment. Hotel parking was limited. So I was forced find on street parking much of the time during my stay. This wasn't a significant problem for me since there was plenty of empty spots within a block of the hotel.

This hotel does offer positives. The is a pool and the water was clean. Free wifi. The lines were clean and fresh. The fee is reasonable; $55 per night for such a desirable location. I am sure I could have found more pristine accommodations for a much higher fee on the island. The location is 3 blocks walking distance to the famous Sea Isle boardwalk and Casino Pier. I had the privilege of enjoying the wonderful and animated boardwalk at night after an exhausting work day in Sea Isle and Lakewood. I had no issue with the staff. They were extremely helpful to me. I am sure, however, that this would not have been the case if I yelled at them and jumped down their throat when they regularly vanished from the front desk.

I would stay here again. I got good value for $55 per night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GM08751, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Seaside Heights, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are glad that you found our accommodations to be a good value for the rate. However, we wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. Thank you for pointing out your concerns with our staff and facilities. These will immediately be addressed. We hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.
Seaside Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel should be burned to the ground! Don' t stay here! It was disgusting, dirty, questionable people living here? No room service, no breakfast. (False advertising). The whole nudimg is falling apart. How could it possibly pass inspection? Something very strange about this place. Will report to health dept.!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. We will see to it that we will immediately attend to the matters you have cited in your feedback. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our property and service.
Jensen Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I travel a lot, so did not have time to check this place out. We could not believe the things a motel room could be missing: blankets, garbage can, dresser drawers, towels, closet bars or hangers of any kind, and on and on. We also could not believe the things a motel room COULD have: Spackle splatter on the floor because they hired a contractor who apparently didn't own a drop cloth, wet sheets from a roof leak, trash left in the room, etc etc .

Those are just interesting samples of the more intriguing items. Read the rest of the reviews (and the creative subject headings) for more surprises and entertainment The guess is that they bought the Travelodge sign on Craig's iist. Hard to believe they are a franchise. The business model seems to be based on hard core slum land lord tenets.

Unfortunately, we were stuck there, since the area was fully booked.

They should spend some time cleaning (or at least looking at) the rooms rather than composing the inane responses to the reviews.

Some interesting pictures attached, including a creative way they finally provided a rod for clothes.

Room Tip: DO NOT even think about staying here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GM08751, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Seaside Heights, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review regarding your most recent stay. It is disheartening to learn that you were not impressed with our accommodations, amenities and services. I want to apologize for all the issues you've mentioned and the pictures you took. I want to assure you that this inconvenience has been addressed thanks to your feedback. We do appreciate that you've taken the time to bring the matter to our attention. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues with the windows, door, tables, carpets, beds, pillows, and bed sheets as quickly as possible. I am especially upset to hear that the situation was not addressed right away. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Been to Travelodge Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!