“Grotty and dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Seaside Heights

You added Travelodge Seaside Heights to your Saves list
Travelodge Seaside Heights
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   314 Bay Blvd, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751 (Formerly Village Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #42 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Grotty and dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not one that I would suggest to stay in. The bed had wooden planks sticking out the side of it, someone had clearly been in before us and taken a shower as there was a wet dirty towel on the bathroom floor and the bathroom bin was full. The flush didn't work properly on the toilet. All the plug sockets weren't attached to the wall securely, and whilst walking up to our room there were missing/broken floor tiles on the floor and some were covered with a piece of wood and duck tape.

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel through priceline only because it was advertised as a Travelodge, which we've stayed at before and have had no issues with. This place is an absolute dump and has no resemblance to a Travelodge whatsoever. When we arrived on August 9, we were immediately turned off by the run down office area where you check in. Also free parking was advertised, but there were only 13 spaces for the 60 or so rooms! So we were told we had to park on a side street a block away. The walkways are covered with broken tiles and the carpeting covering the stairs looks like it hasn't been vacuumed in months. We went up to our room and noticed a huge gap above the air conditioning unit, which we plugged with a towel. There were holes in the ceiling and walls that were not spackled. Many of the hotel room doors have dents and scuff marks from obviously being kicked in. There were several missing ceiling tiles exposing overhead plumbing. There was no telephone and a sleeve of CONDOMS in the nightstand drawer! There were no towels and no soap. A few seconds later a woman burst into our room without knocking to give us towels. The towels had human hairs on them and were obviously dirty so we took them back down to the office. They gave us more towels and we questioned if they were really clean. We asked the employees in the office if there was a maid service and they said NO!! How does this hotel even have a license let alone to be listed on priceline? The toilet in the bathroom also did not flush (and they knew it because a plunger was provided). We complained to both Travelodge and Priceline who said they would do an investigation. The owners of this place are true slumlords. The state health dept should audit and will undoubtedly close this place and the owners should have their hospitality licenses revoked!

• Stayed August 2012
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed There With My Two Friends,First Off All No Phone # On The Website Until We Booked It ..Overpriced For This Dump..over $220.00..Should Be More Like $99.00..We Get There And No Travelodge,But Village Inn..The Travelodge Customer Service Rep Said they are a Travelodge,but didnt change the sign yet. Apparently They Can Buy the Name And Keep The Look Of The Old Building. Also No Close Parking,The Street Parking in front Cost you,Like Metered Spaces,We Went To There Assigned Spaces On The Street only to find none available..so we parked closer to the beach..its a dump!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Stephens City, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I lived in New Jersey for 18 year and love the Jersey Shore. I now live in Virginia. I had the opportunity to bring my grandson and my daughter with me on a business trip to Jersey City and wanted to introduce my grandson to Seaside Heights and the beautiful beaches.. I booked a "motel" on line.... "The Trevelodge" 314 Bay Blvd, Seaside Heights NJ..

This was the nastiest motel I have ever seen in my entire 66 yrs of traveling. It was hard to find, and was not named " Travelodge". It had a portable paper sign on a stand that was held down with cinder blocks and rope that said it was a Travelodge" and participated in their travel rewards program. The sign on the building said it was "The Village Inn". I booked based on the "Wyndom/Travelodge" branding and was also lead to believe it was handicap accessible. Believe me it wasn't.

The room was beyond disgusting. It was three floors up with stairs only. The lights didn't work, the shower was tiny and filthy, the TV did not work and there was no cable or Internet. The sink was hanging off the wall the floor was stained and dirty and I shudder to think what a "ultra violet light would reveal on the old and worn bedspread....I was exhausted after a long two days of business meetings and just wanted to sit down and cry. The thing that stopped me was the fact that I was afraid I would get "bed bugs". It was the motel from Hell and I doubt even the Jersey Devil would have stayed. My Daughter and Grandson were both in shock....

We were very short of funds because they (The Village Inn) had my debit card tied up for the money. We left anyway with no idea of where we would stay...Something needs to be done with these people and their "False Advertising" To me, it smacks of fraudulent misrepresentation. It is a filthy, vermin infested dump. When we talked to a few locals that we met they told us it was the biggest crack house in Seaside...Even the police, that I flagged down outside of the motel, told me there wasn't much violent crime just drugs and prostitution! ..............Swell!!!

PS. The beach and boardwalk are still wonderful and we enjoyed all two hours we got to be there...

Room Tip: A filthy, vermin infested dump. DO NOT STAY HERE.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Middlesex, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Needed a place to stay for two nights booked this place thru expedia, upon arrival was shown the room. It looked ok but after gettin.g into the room found only one towel in the bathroom, also found the refrigerator on the floor tough to bend down and put stuff in it, after the first night awoke to find the headboard had fallen from the wall bracket,the mattress was like sleeping in a crater it sloped towards the middle. Went out for the day came back later in the afternoon found no room service in this place, also no phone either. I am suprised this place is able to be booked thru expedia. If you see this place keep driving by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A friend and I needed a cheap room, but just because a room is cheap doesn't mean we deserved the condition our room was in. There was garbage lining all the doors as we walked to our room, the reception smelled like pure bleach. When we first got to our room, the AC wasn't on or working, so we went back downstairs to get the elderly Indian woman working the front desk, she walked up t our room, climbed on the bed side table with her dirty bare feet and flicked a switch on the AC unit. There were pubes all in the bathroom, the floor looked as if there were mopped up blood stains, and people were setting off firecrackers in the next room ALL NIGHT. They wanted us to check out at 10, but my friend went to the front desk and told them about the FW's and they let us stay till 12, woopty doo. Also, I removed one of the pillow cases to stand on while I was at the sink, and there was a dirty band-aid stuck to the pillow. My friend removed her pilow case and there was old lipstick, and what looked like watered down blood. We were utterly disgusted, Everything about that place was nasty.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you'll regret it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Do not book here! This should not be called a travelodge. This place is absolutly disgusting and unsafe and the manager/employees dont seem to care. It appeared that nothing had ever been cleaned. You can see my full review for this place under the Village Inn. PLEASE DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!