“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Motel
Save Saved
You added Sunset Motel to your Saves list
56 Webster Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #6 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Mu husband, my son (9months) and I just stayed here. Absolutely amazing..rooms are very clean, the staff is very outgoing n friendly. She made sure our stay was wonderful. Our room was a double bed full kitchen dinning living room combo, definitely worth it. Its only 2blocks from the board walk. We are staying here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2014

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

First off, me and my friends came down in separate cars and since my one friend and I got there early, we were in our room a few hours earlier then expected so that was awesome! Susan is the nicest person and it was a pleasure staying there. She handled a slight problem that we ran into with other visitors there and it was taken care of. Such a convenient place to stay, only a block from the beach and even better we felt very welcomed and at home. In fact me and some other friends will be down to stay in a few weeks! I hope you liked the meatballs! -Blondie in 211

• Stayed June 2014
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great hotel, very helpful, Susan was a doll, couldn't ask for a better place to stay! My grandchildren loved it! Susan was the best, she had the room clean and cool for us .I
recommend this hotel to everyone! We loved our stay and know you will too!

Room Tip: First floor is great for children
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

A group of friends and myself booked 3 rooms at this motel around February 2014 for the weekend after prom which just passed this June 2014. When booking the motel we spoke to the previous managers Anne and John. They were the nicest people we have ever met and helped use with absolutely everything possible. They made us feel very at home and made sure we knew they would keep us safe and comfortable. The managers at the time fully explained the motels rules and also took a copy of the person who was signing for the rooms ID's. The total for the deposit and the final payment was being put on one debit card so that information was also taken. It was also understood that there had to be atleast one 18 year old in each of the rooms, which our group had more than just 1 per room. Lastly we were told we would recieve 1 parking spot per room. As the months passed we were not informed of the new management and when we finally got to the motel at 3 in the morning after prom, we met the new rude, vulgar manager. First we found out by the manager we were only allowed the parking spot on a first come first serve basis. She also informed us that every single person in each room needed a form of ID which we also were not aware of. We had more than the total amount left to pay on the debit card but the transaction would not go through. We all tried to put the money together even though we were all exhausted from just leaving prom, to driving all down the parkway, and everyone just wanted to sleep in the rooms we had booked. We offered the lady to hold the debit card till the bank opened, which was only a couple hours away, so then we could go withdraw the complete amount to give to her. Although she already had this information on file, she still would not assist us in anyway. She was very snappy and seemed very restless. Her son was also there who was trying to calm her and he did seem to understand our situation a little better. In the end while we were trying to get the money together the debit card was charged $240 which still has not been refunded. Our whole group ended up driving around Seaside looking for another place to sleep. We finally ended up staying at Surfside Motel which ended up saving us money, having a way nicer, proffesional manager, more than enough parking, and a pool! I really wish Anne and John were still there because with them I am 100% sure none of this would have happened, our prom weekend would have been great, and we all would have definitely went back. We got kicked out before we even checked in. THE WORST MOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pine Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The woman who assisted us was very friendly and personable. We were able to check in an hour early and she also gave us dinner recommendations. The room was amazing. Very, very clean as well as aesthetically pleasing. I've never felt so at home at a hotel/motel before. Thanks for everything! We will be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

John and Anne are the most caring people, on the planet, the room was spotless i will be going back wonderful wonderful there is no other word but wonderdul even their son Sirpatrick is a wonderful caring person my son made a friend for life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

First off check the dates of all the bad reviews. There NOT recent.

I come to seaside every year for the past 4 years for hemingways halloween party. This is my first time staying at the sunset motel

I called close to 11 pm to book there suite. A very friendly lady picked up she took all my info and let me pay for the room over the phone.

I arrived almost 2 hrs later then my scheduled time. A friendly man in the office was there to give me my key.

Checked out the room it was clean and neat just like the pictures. No bugs or bad smells. Didn't find any stains on the bedding or towels.

Turned the heat on it was quiet and worked well ( not the case at sea palace last year )

Room had nice accommodations with plenty of pillows and towels.

as long as management and the upkeep of this place stays the same I think most people will find value in this motel.

I WILL BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!

Only down side is Parking is a bit limited. But it was the off season and plenty of parking was available

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!