“Clean Room, Friendly Staff Completely Renovated” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Motel
56 Webster Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #11 of 41 hotels in Seaside Heights
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Clean Room, Friendly Staff Completely Renovated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in the Jacuzzi suite for our anniversary for 2 nights. The staff was incredibly helpful. We asked for suggestions for food ect. and they were always very willing to help. We got two beach passes with our room. The room was completely renovated the Jacuzzi was a great size, the bathroom was beautiful, and the room was overall incredibly modern and clean. Its very close to the boardwalk which is a big draw. It was also affordable for a suite. This suite is not like the ones you'll see in the motels on seaside this was much more extravagant. I highly recommend this Motel for the staff, location, and room. Plus they have coffee in the morning and i think there might have been muffins or bagels or something of the sort, plus there is a pool in case your not feeling the beach for the day.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite is definitely the way to go for a couple!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Let me start off by saying Thank you to the wonderful staff that accommodated my disabled husband,myself and my son with no problem whatsoever. I was reluctant about planning a trip due to my husband disability but when I called the Sunset Motel to inquire the woman I spoke with was so pleasant and helpful I felt comfortable doing so. This hotel is right down the street from the beach which was great. It was also safe and quiet. The room was nice and clean. And most and important we felt at home we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was awesome and I'm looking foward to our stay next summer. Thanks again Sunset Motel staff for your awesome guest service. See you soon!

• Stayed August 2012
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

there was a total of 10 of us who stayed at the motel within 3 rooms. it was very clean and comfortable sure its not the ritz but for our budget it was great we had 4 children running around and it was family friendly.which is a plus for us. the rooms have a kitchenette which was also a plus when your on a budget. staff was great they were friendly and very accommodating to our needs. they were able to help us find our way around the neighborhood,since we are not from jersey. we were there for a whole weekend friday to sunday late afternoon, ok no tv remote so what not there to watch tv anyway, no biggie rooms were ice cold ac worked great!! its close to beach,clubs,waterpark, grocery store,boardwalk all close everything within walking distance.the motel also accoomidated 3 vehicles. and got to see pauli D and dina from the jersey shore!! filming!!! we had no complaints!! will definetly stay there again!! (The castro's)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Rooms were filthy, old vomit in bathroom, stains on carpets and beds, odor was almost unbearable. We had six people, only two towels, two pillows, no sheets on third bed, we were told they only provided what we had. People were very rude and disgusting, asking us to leave a tip for the maid (what a joke). We stayed one night (our 1st mistake), we left the next day were told we would get refunded for one night, that never happened and out credit card company (Bank of America) sided with the Sunset Motel. Needless to say we are no longer doing business with Bank of America. My daughter was six months pregnent and this place was a health hazard to say the least. The business card says clean and comfortable, again what a joke. This place puts a bad name on the Jersey Shore, and I would never stay in Seaside Heights again. I would visit the shore again, but stay somewhere else, like Tom's River, NJ. It was very nice at the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Don't book any room here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Arpan P, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
We have taken all complaints into account over the course of the years and have finally decided to do a complete renovation of the property internally and externally. The interior renovations are now completed and ready for renting. Exterior renovations have begun and will carry through spring of 2012. NEW management has been put in place as well. We apologize to all previous guests for the disappointing services, amenities, and especially the management and attitude. We as owners understand that our level of standards and the hospitality that was received was everything short of what our guest deserved. We are striving to change these negative views of our property. Please come visit us again or for the first time, while keeping in mind that our property is completely renovated from top to bottom inside and out with most importantly new, friendly, and respectable management. We encourage everyone to continue to check our website to keep in touch with our new photos and progress of the renovation efforts to better suit our guest. Our ultimate goal is to provide a new and improved guest experience that is nothing short of astonishing, relaxing, enjoyable, and hassle free.

Sunset Motel
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at the sunset motel for 3 nights, me and my boyfriend. This place is disgusting. The staff consists of toothless, dirty nasty looking people who are equally rude and unprofessional. The room was so outdated and dirty looking, the toilet didn't flush properly, there was no tv remote and were never told we could "rent" one from the office. The room was never cleaned once the whole time we were there, we weren't offered new towels or anything. On our second night there I was startled by someone pounding on the door screaming. My boyfriend was in the shower I wasn't opening the door to some strange weird looking man but he wouldn't go away. I got him out of the bathroom we opened the door and this "security" guy got real nasty and was cursing at us!? He told us people were drinking outside of our room (it was just us and we weren't outside nor were we drinking) then he said we were expecting two other people in our room which we were not. they clearly do not have their act together, they have no idea how to run a business or be professional at all. Probably the final straw came Saturday which was my birthday and I wanted to go to a nearby restaurant but couldn't because if we moved our car out of the parking spot we realized when we got back we would be stuck unable to park because there is not enough parking spots for the amount of rooms. According to the trashy toothless woman who works there it's " because Mexicans built the lot and didn't do it right" WTF?!
Seriously? We decided just to walk everywhere instead which was sort of annoying. I was glad actually when Sunday came and it was time to check out, we couldn't get out of there fast enough which is sad because everything else about the trip was great. The weather, the location, it was a really fun time away from the room. Bottom line I would never ever ever stay here again! Next time we definitely will spend a little more to get more, don't get sucked in by the low rate. You get what you pay for, for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place was a dump, and some of the previous reviews were accurate. It was actually so bad, it was funny. It was clean, and there were no bugs. The room did not smell, even though it was obvious by the ashtray on the nightstand that it was a smoking room. The staff were odd, but very pleasant. Nothing wrong with being a little backwards, I guess. They were incredibly accommodating to my very late, then even later, and later yet check-in. I ended up getting there 4 1/2 hours later than my original late check-in time. The security guard not only sat in the parking lot, but "saved" our parking spot and checked in frequently when we were outside or leaving the room to be sure none of the young kids staying near us were being too loud. They were not. Some of the bad points: there was no light bulb in the lamp. Only overhead lighting. The bathroom was very small. The place needs an over-haul; it's run down. But it was a clean place to stay a half a block from the beach and a night club. Do not expect toiletries or daily cleaning, apparently you need to ask to have the room cleaned, but i'm not sure. We only stayed 2 nights. I've stayed in some very nice hotels at the beach and in PA, so this was a bit of a shock for me. There are some strange things, such as having to pay a $10 refundable deposit for the tv remote, and "free" beach passes require a $40 refundable deposit. The security guard told us how to turn on the tv without the remote. There is free WiFi, and we recieved the password, but the staff had no clue what cable to log onto. I guess that's how they get around guests not using it. I don't think i would stay there again, but it was a typical Seaside Heights dumpy motel. We had a great time, though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ridgefield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Filthy, smelly, had to pay for a remote for the tv, reeked of cigarette smoke, stained dirty toilet, pathetically thin towels and wash cloths,need I go on? Cheap rate in comparison to others in the area? Absolutely...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!