“nice motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Port Jervis, New York
“nice motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at the Sunrise this past weekend. Booked a standard room which was clean, had a small fridge and stove. I ran into an issue with my hot water in my room and paul the night manager apologized and told me it may take him an hour or so to fix the issue so he upgraded me to the suite!! Well let me tell you this.....The suite was excellent and would be considered a great motel room anywhere, but in Seaside it's the Best I've ever seen. The suite is more money but well worth the it. I am very happy with the service I recieved and will be more than happy to stay with them again. R. Card

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roebling, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just got back from a weekend stay at the Sunrise Motel. We were very skeptical about staying in the heights. Heard nightmare stories about the hotels. This hotel was very nice. It was clean, owners were so friendly. If you needed anything, they made sure you were taking care of. Everything is in walking distance, Pool was great. They give you coupons for breakfast every morning...Ryans deli has awsome food. I would recommend staying here. We are so looking forward for another weekend get away. We found our new vacation spot. See you soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Sunrise motel for a total of 10 years, this is a beach motel you stay in for your summer vacation I never seen the Sunrise Motel advertise as the Ritz In New York, these people who vote this place a one Star have no as in zero clue what there talking about. Let me tell you something about Jeff and Paul " Top Notch " and there cleaning staff is very nice as well. Last ear I pick a week where not only did we have a Earthquake but at the end of the week the county Office of Emergency Management ask people to leave for Hurricane Irene which came through NJ as a Tropical Storm anyway we left and went home with another week of vacation to go when we return I ask Jeff since we lost 3 threes could we stay an extra three days and he said without hesitation " YES " no only did he let us stay put he said we could even park my wifes car in there lot as no charge. These people who give the motel one star do everyone a favor and go to Point Pleasant and stay at the Sand Pebble for 300 dollars a night and they give you squat for any extra's Thanks Jeff and Paul for a job well done !!!!! See you soon !!

Room Tip: If going for summer vacation " Book Early "
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our first trip to the Sunrise Motel and I have to say it was very clean for a Seaside heights Motel. Outside chairs and pool area in excellent condition. Parking area well lit at night. only a block walk to the boardwalk and beach. within walking distance to everything you would need, so you dont even need to move your car at all. Very pleased with the condition of the room and the fact it had a refrigerator-most in seaside do not. Room was clean - what more do you need!! oh and the a/c worked very well too.

Room Tip: room not facing main street.
Warminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our 5th trip to the Sunrise. This time we stayed the entire week Sun-Sat. We had to experience the weekend for ourselves. As for the Bamboo club our son is 11 and couldn't hear the noise, slept right through it! It is a great view from the top floor. An elevator would be nice but who couldn't use the exercise. See you guys next year!

Room Tip: Top floor is the way to go!
Ballston Spa, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Sunrise apartment was like your first apartment on the first day you moved in. stayed in apartment suite on thrid floor which is suposed to accommadate four people. the livingroom had only a small couch and old tv and no decoration, the bathroom has no where to put your stuff,the kitchen is missing doors and has nothing in it. no pots,pans ,silverware coffeemaker,plates nothing.the pool is small and only 4 foot deep. the free breakfast is a coupon worth about 3 bucks.

Room Tip: dont stay in apartment
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I have to say , this motel was a disaster from start to finish ! Thank god I only stayed one night . It was failed to mention if your traveling as a family that the motel is situated right next door to a Club and if your little one tries to sleep he/she better be a deep sleeper because music and party's go all night .
Also to mention that the rooms haven't been updated in years to the point of having a stove which was falling apart and non smoking rooms that stink horribly as if the maid had been cleaning with a cigarette in her mouth ! Towels were absolutely disgusting and all dirty and if you plan on walking around barefoot make sure you wash your feet constantly because my 13 month old had black feet from running around the room !
I have to say I booked this room from great reviews on trip advisor but I think these reviews must have been arranged or the people writing must have had a few good ones at the club because as for family oriented , I Think Not !!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!