“Family has gone here 25+ years and will never change!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Stratford,CT
“Family has gone here 25+ years and will never change!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

My entire family has been going to this hotel for years, before i was even born. The staff is amazing, they clean your rooms everyday, and do a wonderful job. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. i would reccomend it to any age group becasue there is so much to do. the beach is a 5 minute walk away. the board walk has tons of games and rides for all ages. There are at least 10 arcades on the boardwalk that you can take kids to to earn points and trade them in at the end of the vacation for great prizes. I reccomend the casio arcade. The beach is amazing, raked everyday and kept clean. the only thing that sucks is no alcohol on the beach, and they do check your cooler before you go on. The food is great on the boardwalk, i love 3 brothers pizza, the slices are huge one fills me up. ok, back to the hotel. there are 2 sunbursts. We have stayed in sunburst 2 every year because of the deck. you walk out of your room onto a huge deck with tables, chairs and grills to cook on. The rooms have stoves and refridgerators. however, the pool is located at sunburst 1, but ist a 2 second walk to get there. The pool is a little small but workable, and who wants to be at the pool when you have an amazing beach steps away! Oh, and every thursday they have free pizza at the pool at noon, so go to the beach for a while, leave your stuff there to go get lunch at the pool and head back to the beach! This honestly is an amazing spot and hotel. I cant wait to go this year, and my advise is to book it in March because it will sell out fast!

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hilton, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We were not disappointed at all with our stay. The room was spacious and very clean. Tyler (the son) made us feel comfortable from the time we checked in until his parents returned from a little R & R themselves. (Good job teaching him the business) Even though the maid spoke little english, we were able to communicate and she gave us whatever we asked for. We had researched about 25 motels in the same area and I am glad that we chose the Sunburst II. We will definitely stay there again for Clownfest. Even though the ad said that they provided coffee & bagels during the summer only, they did extend this courtesy at that time. The restaurant suggestions were great. Thanks Butch! We will definitely recommend this motel to our fellow clowns for future Clownfests. Judy Raymond 101

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Bromont, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We've stopped to this motel for one night because we wanted to visit Seaside Heights (scouting for a future vacation there!) We had chosen this motel because it's located very close to the boardwalk and a nice section of the beach (north of the pier).

The owners were very courteous and helped us finding a good restaurant in town. The room was extremely clean (including the carpet and bathroom) and smelled good. Clean, soft towels were folded in a pleasant way on the bathroom counter.

The shower worked very well, with a gentle jet, and the hot water was hot (unlike some other hotels we know where you get lukewarm water gurgling out of a half-clogged shower head). But at the Sunburst, the showers were absolutely perfect!!!

The AC unit worked nicely and was not too noisy, without any smell.

The swimming pool and barbecue looked very clean.

Their parking lot is rather small but they own a second parking lot across the street so you needn't worry. Please note that parking can be a concern if you're beaching in Seaside Heights, so finding a motel with a parking close to the beach/boardwalk is a plus!

There is also a Mexican restaurant/grocery/convenience store across the street so if you need to buy a snack late at night or if you want a quick breakfast, this is the right place.

However this motel is not perfect. Even though the place is well kept and clean, the rooms are quite old and it shows. Mattresses are old and too soft. The room's decorations are worn out and walls are covered with pre-finished wood panels. Since this motel is built with a wood structure (and not concrete), you can hear everything that's going on in the neighboring rooms.

The TV is old and rather small, although it's plugged to a state-of-the are cable box.

The fridge was not cold enough (even with the coolest setting) and some of our food spoiled. One last detail. The fire hose was missing from the emergency kit, which make you wonder about the place's safety in case of fire. I hope they have this fixed soon.

All in all, I'd say the Sunburst among the best values in Seaside heights. Next time I'll try the Sunburst II units to see if they're different. Please note that you have to pay a 5$/adult fee to access the beach, which is not included in the motel's daily rate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Brooklyn,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

First of all they made a mistake of our book upon arrival and they were very rude to my family. I was very insulated by this and the staff showed no respect to my family. They were screaming to each other and staff was yelling and having loud arguments among them. The room was small and had a bad odor. I had for a couple nights. The second day I did not get room service and bathroom has mildew everywhere by the bath tub. I do not recommend families to come here due to the fact of disrespect that staff showed my family. The pool was very small and was not kept throughout my stay. I only saw the pool be cleaned the entire time after told them to clean it!!!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I've been going to Seaside Heights for probably 25-30 years and have stayed at several motels in that time. They either were sold and went downhill under the new management or they were just plain dirty and not friendly. The Sunburst was right under my nose the whole time and it wasn't until last month did I stay there. Not only were the rooms clean, they actually treated the people like human beings. The towels were white and soft too not like floor rags you might find in other places. It was a really nice visit there and Butch and JoJo were pleasant each and every time I spoke with them. Whether I needed something or just wanted to talk, they were pleasant. My search is over and I will be now staying at the Sunburst Motel and don't have to look any further. It is probably the only clean and American owned motel left. If you stay there, you won't be sorry....

newyork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed at the sunburst motel and I must say they deserve the credit of 5 stars.The staff was very kind and generous. the rooms a little on the old side but very clean. Very close to the beach and restaurants. I stayed here on a whim. I guess I just got lucky, I use to stay at the belmonut until new owners took over(stay away from this place trust me) Now for the bad, internet service was not working at my motel,I had to sit in front of the office to get service. The pool is way to small and also the pool area. I would stay again only because The rooms are clean and the boardwalk is very close.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

The motel lives up to its claim by the posters here. It is very clean and all staff were very friendly. They made us feel welcomed. I loved the atmosphere of this motel, no loud partying crouds, just childrens giggles from the pool. Thanks all , Cindy Stroudsburg,Pa.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!