“The best motel in Ocean County” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Milton, Massachusetts
“The best motel in Ocean County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

Well, if I had to list all of the great things about the Sunburst Motel, the list would be quite long. Mr. and Mrs. Heffernan and their family deserve much appreciation for the wonderful work that they put into making their motel a "home away from home" for every single guest. We have been staying there over 10 years now and I plan to continue staying at the Sunburst every year for many years to come. From the moment you arrive, Butch, Joanne and Tyler go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable.
The rooms in the Sunburst are among the largest hotel rooms I have ever seen (in my opinion, bigger than the rooms that are featured at many luxury hotels).
From the free bagels, coffee and tea to the free poolside pizza parties to the warm and welcoming conversations that Joanne and Butch initiate with their guests, make the Sunburst Motel the greatest motel, not only in Seaside Heights, but the entire NJ shore.
Thank you again for a wonderful stay as usual!
Mike

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albrightsville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

This was our first time at Sunburst and I know it won't be the last. I'm a fussy motel person, (my family can vouch for that) if it looks slightly dirty I'd turn around and leave. The Sunburst is so clean, you could eat off the floors. I was completely impressed with it. The beds are very comfortable and seem on the new side, so that was another plus right there. We stayed in an efficiency suite, bedroom, living room & kitchen (stove, sink, micro & fridge) , table & 4 chairs & all utensils were included. All we had to bring was the food. The staff was very pleasant and whatever you needed they were all happy to help. The kids loved the pool. The motel is so conveniently located....1 1/2 blocks from boardwalk and beach. Once you park your car, you won't need it til you leave. We stayed 6 days and never started the car! It's location is quiet. No noise from the boardwalk or clubs, etc. I would hightly recommend this motel to all I know. If I could, I would make only one suggestion, the couch & love seat should be replaced as they have seen better days. Other than that minor thing, I loved this motel. They will definately see us next summer again!!

Stayed August 2006
North Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

I just returned from my family's annual stay at the Sunburst Motel in Seaside Heights, NJ, and we had a great time, as expected. We have been staying there for the past ten years, and every year it gets better. Every year the owners' son picks my family up from the train station, takes us to the local grocery store to pick up supplies, and drives us to the hotel. I don't know any other hotel that would extend this courtesy. And we love that the owners are on the premises everyday, interacting with the guests. Over the years we have stayed in regular rooms and efficiency suites and have never been disappointed with our accomodations. We love that we don't have to bring anything with us for the kitchen because it has all the tools we need in it. The maids are so friendly and well trained. They are always willing to help and our room was always very clean. The beds are very comfortable, and you can tell that everything is well maintained. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Seaside Heights.

• Liked — caring staff, cleanliness, comfortable accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — book as early as possible - we book in February to secure our favorite room!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

I am a single mom with 2 children ages 11 and 13 with a budjet. When I plan a trip for me and my children I need a clean, comfortable and quiet place to stay that's affordable! And thats exactly what I got at Sunburst Motel. The prices was great especially being on a budget and asking for so much in return. When I got there on thursday after driving for 2 hours, I was happy when they said Pizza for everyone at 1pm, Wow I thought that was really great. I was surprized when I entered the kitchen, I was in shock to see pots, pans and utensils! They even had a can opener! I was so happy because in the mist of my packing for my weekend I forgotten a few items in the last minute so seeing these items saved my dinner! The room was great! Everything was nice, neat and very clean! The pool is not huge but it was refreshing and warm, I didnt have that uneasy feeling when entering the water because it was a heated pool. I also took advantage of the electric grill and cooked hamburgers and hot dogs for my children. Now the location was simply just perfect only 2 blocks to the broadwalk / beach / carnival and just 2 blocks from the water park! I didnt have to drive anywhere! (with the gas prices nowadays!) I loved my stay at the Sunburst Motel, I am already planning my summer vacation for next year. I would be returning with family and friends! But this time I am definately staying longer.

new rochelle, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

My second year at the Sunburst Motel was just as great as the first!
The room, pool and facility were clean and all the staff was extremely accommodating.
It is not really easy traveling with three children but with a private pool, boardwalk just 2 blocks away, Water Park a block away who can ask for any thing so convenient.
Adding more friends and family we can not wait to upgrade to a suite next year…

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2006

I have stayed in many a hotels over the years and have found that you never know what you are getting. Some places are a complete dump.Since having children, I would never take them anywhere else. Sunburst is very clean and the staff is tremendously nice.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2006

My family and I have been coming to the Sunburst for years and can't say enough about how wonderful it is.

The staff is completely wonderful. Talk about personal!! They feel like old friends. Always helpful, always with a smile, and very generous. There was never a time that you didn't see one of their happy faces through any given day.

The rooms are clean, the pool is great and private. I can't stand looking at other motels where any Tom Dick or Harry could walk by and stare at you from the street. Ewww. This pool is hidden - you can't see it from the street. It's heated, and just the right size.

I know that we will be coming back year after year. It's well worth the money and we have made many many happy memories at the Sunburst.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!