“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family just stayed here for basketball tournaments we had in Tom's River. Excellent location only a block away from boardwalk. Our unit was very clean and the owners are very helpful and accomodating. Will stay again the next time we are there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pam P

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

For the past 7 years my family and I have been staying in Seaside Heights at a variety of accommodations but will only be staying at the Sunburst Motel from now on! Every time we arrive we are greeted by the owner and his son, an enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the office. The staff always has the best suggestions for local things to do and places to eat at!! I have always been a fan of asking locals for suggestions and this Motel goes above and beyond to point you into the right direction. The housekeepers did a great job and the owners are always on the property to handle any of you questions. I highly suggest this motel to any family's traveling to the New Jersey Shore!

Room Tip: We prefer Sunburst 2 because it is slightly closer to the ocean and boardwalk and love the deck area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank KARLYMNYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to Seaside Heights this summer as we have for years. After staying in a few different motels over the years we have found the place we feel most comfortable. I have stayed there since I was a child and each place has failed on many diferent levels until we found this family operated facility. On fourth of July weekend we stayed someplace and hated it so looked on trip advisor and went looking for a new place to stay. We came back and stayed two weekends in a row at the Sunburst and then I had major surgery. The owner called and checked to make sure I was ok. We went down last weekend and while I am struggling through recovery this family has been very helpful and caring. I think these motels are the nicest, cleanest and most fairly priced I have ever found. I will continue staying with the Sunburst Motels from now on.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank gclegg1121
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sunburst II on August 21,2013 for two days.We stayed there 20 yrs. ago with our children.You have to remember there are no such thing as five star hotels in Seaside.Just Mom & Pop Motels.Although the Motel has not been updated and you step back in time,it is very clean & well maintained,we stayed in the efficiency suite Nice families with their children.My grandchildren had a great time on the large deck outside our room which was fully equipped with 2 barbecues, & picnic tables.The owner & their son Tyler couldn't have done more to make you have a great stay.DIscounted dinning coupons at the front desk. We dinned both nights at Hemmingways Cafe,the food was made fresh,nice atmosphere,reasonable.Sunburst Motel is a very short walk to the boardwalk.Quiet & safe for a family short stay at the Jersey Shore.Would definitely return to the Sunburst Motel!

Room Tip: Sunburst ll room 103
2 Thank Circa79
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This motel was dated as are all the others I'm sure. The room was clean and spacious with a sitting area along with plenty of chairs. The a/c was great and quiet. Our rooms were fine except the smoke smell in one room which was addressed with a spray given to me upon request from the front desk. The staff is friendly and offered many suggestions about the area since it was our first time there. The pool was a decent size and looked clean, we never made it to the pool since we spent our stay on the broad walk and in the beach. I would stay here again. My only concern is all the smokers hanging out in front of their rooms. Wednesday is unlimited rides for $15 per person, a great day to come with kids. We were only a block away from the broad walk and parking was not a problem. I look forward to our return perhaps for 2 nights next time. My wife is a germophobe and she was satisfied with the rooms.

1 Thank Nelson N
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Clean, great attention, family friendly, only tv is way to small and very old, the room is clean the space is fair, the bathroom is clean and a small stand with coffee and bagels and butter at there office nothing to eat for kids anything thing like that is perfect good times!!!

• Stayed August 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going down to the jersey shore pretty much all of my life. Many people expect the ritz when going down to the shore, but the reality is that most if not all of the hotels are dated. it is part of the seaside charm so to speak. I have stayed at plenty of motels down there over the years, but the one I only go to now is the sunburst. It is very close to the boardwalk, clean and very accommodating. The staff does all they can to make sure you are comfortable and helped if need be. They serve bagels, coffee and tea every morning, which is very nice. They had run out of bagels at 10am and instead of just saying we have no more, they went to the store to get more. I stayed in sunburst ii which had a full kitchen area. I have also stayed in the sunburst I and the 4 times I stayed there we had a mini fridge and microwave. They have an inground pool which is secluded. Most hotels in seaside have there pools right in front of the hotel making you feel like you are in the street swimming. The owner and his son Tyler are great to deal with, knowledgeable about the area and go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. I will definately be back with my family next summer!

Room Tip: The sunburst ii has a large deck which is nice to hang out on.
1 Thank Sofia624
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Heights
TR Hotel
TR Hotel
#1 of 11 in Toms River
4.5 of 5 stars 517 reviews
Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights
Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside ...
#17 of 41 in Seaside Heights
Palm Villa Suites Hotel
Palm Villa Suites Hotel
#12 of 41 in Seaside Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 78 reviews

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!