“Great staff,great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Save Saved
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New York City, New York
“Great staff,great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sunburst II on August 21,2013 for two days.We stayed there 20 yrs. ago with our children.You have to remember there are no such thing as five star hotels in Seaside.Just Mom & Pop Motels.Although the Motel has not been updated and you step back in time,it is very clean & well maintained,we stayed in the efficiency suite Nice families with their children.My grandchildren had a great time on the large deck outside our room which was fully equipped with 2 barbecues, & picnic tables.The owner & their son Tyler couldn't have done more to make you have a great stay.DIscounted dinning coupons at the front desk. We dinned both nights at Hemmingways Cafe,the food was made fresh,nice atmosphere,reasonable.Sunburst Motel is a very short walk to the boardwalk.Quiet & safe for a family short stay at the Jersey Shore.Would definitely return to the Sunburst Motel!

Room Tip: Sunburst ll room 103
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This motel was dated as are all the others I'm sure. The room was clean and spacious with a sitting area along with plenty of chairs. The a/c was great and quiet. Our rooms were fine except the smoke smell in one room which was addressed with a spray given to me upon request from the front desk. The staff is friendly and offered many suggestions about the area since it was our first time there. The pool was a decent size and looked clean, we never made it to the pool since we spent our stay on the broad walk and in the beach. I would stay here again. My only concern is all the smokers hanging out in front of their rooms. Wednesday is unlimited rides for $15 per person, a great day to come with kids. We were only a block away from the broad walk and parking was not a problem. I look forward to our return perhaps for 2 nights next time. My wife is a germophobe and she was satisfied with the rooms.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Clean, great attention, family friendly, only tv is way to small and very old, the room is clean the space is fair, the bathroom is clean and a small stand with coffee and bagels and butter at there office nothing to eat for kids anything thing like that is perfect good times!!!

• Stayed August 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going down to the jersey shore pretty much all of my life. Many people expect the ritz when going down to the shore, but the reality is that most if not all of the hotels are dated. it is part of the seaside charm so to speak. I have stayed at plenty of motels down there over the years, but the one I only go to now is the sunburst. It is very close to the boardwalk, clean and very accommodating. The staff does all they can to make sure you are comfortable and helped if need be. They serve bagels, coffee and tea every morning, which is very nice. They had run out of bagels at 10am and instead of just saying we have no more, they went to the store to get more. I stayed in sunburst ii which had a full kitchen area. I have also stayed in the sunburst I and the 4 times I stayed there we had a mini fridge and microwave. They have an inground pool which is secluded. Most hotels in seaside have there pools right in front of the hotel making you feel like you are in the street swimming. The owner and his son Tyler are great to deal with, knowledgeable about the area and go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. I will definately be back with my family next summer!

Room Tip: The sunburst ii has a large deck which is nice to hang out on.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Overall stay wasn't bad not much of a staff to have positive or negative statements, would stay again if returning to jersey shore I would say this place is more teenager friendly then anything they allow parties and underage drinking and no one does anything about it

• Stayed July 2013
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were walking around Seaside trying to find a hotel for two night and this place was superb with customer service, and had everything we needed. We waited outside before they opened - as soon as they did we asked about a room and we were signed up and given keys immediatly, this being around 9 am. We dealth with about 5 different workers on the property and all had extremely good customer service. They have coffee and bagels availible in the morning in the office and we were offered them as soon as we signed up for the room. The room was supposed to be non smoking but smelled of smoke and had ashtrays, so a minor mixup but we just opened the window for the day while we were out and it was fine when we returned. The rooms were clean and had a good amount of room in them. There was a bed, kitchenette with a two seater table and a bathroom. The room was very comfortable. The wall unit heated and cooled our room very efficiently and it was very quiet. We found that to be a big issue with seaside hotels, the ac units are so loud and old and do not do a good job. That is not the issue here. They are new and work perfect.
We had an issue with our tv... it died on us... we went down to speak to front desk and thier reply was "Can we come now?" Immediate attention. The problem was solved right away and with the same friendly customer service.
We have been visiting seaside for the past two years and plan to make it a yearly thing. I will always book with this motel from now on. It was an exceptional stay.
This hotel was a block from a 7-eleven too - great for last minute items for daily slurpees =)

PROS - great customer service - suites with a kitchenette - coffee and bagels for the morning - swimming pool - very close to beach and anything else you would want to do

CONS - No elevator that I saw - we had to do 2 flights of stairs to get to our room - no problem for us but could be for some people
parking was tight - there is parking in front of the motel and an overflow lot a teeny walk away - we had to park in the overflow for almost the whole stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel from August 1 to the 4th. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet except for little kids running back and forth on the walkway. Close to the beach and had parking. Only negative is they could offer a later checkout and offer 2 free beach badges to their customers like most of the other hotels offer, that would be a great incentive to entice customers to come. Lets face it with today's economy, people are looking for little extras with their stays, skip the bagels and put that money into the beach badges for next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!