“Good location and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Save Saved
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Providence RI
“Good location and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We came to Seaside on a Friday night with no reservation. The Sunburst staff was very accommodating and even showed us the room before selling it to us. The only room left was an efficiency which was more than enough room for my boyfriend and I. The room was very clean and can be a rarity in Seaside Heights. The room was definitely dated. It was only a block away from the boardwalk so it was a good location. We only stayed one night (and arrived late) so we didn't get to take advantage of the pool. Every room received a parking spot (beware of the garage polls! they are very tight spots and I scraped the side of my car). Also check in is early (10:00 a.m.!) so that might be a deterrent for late sleepers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Sunburst for the first time and I really enjoyed my stay. It was only one block from the beach and boardwalk . The staff and management were very helpful and so friendly. They met all of our needs.The room was very clean , beds were comfortable.Nice quiet location. A 7 eleven is just around the corner for anything you have to get. There was complimentary bagels and coffee and tea in the morning. The Sunburst hotel made our stay so enjoyable. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The pool was Awesome. The rooms were clean. The rooms & the WIFI need an update. The staff was nice. The place is reasonable. One block away from the board walk. Can't ask for anything more. We have a great time.

• Stayed July 2013
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

my sister and I recently drove in from Ohio with our 5 kids, ages 4 to 6. The walk to the beach was perfect for them and the staff was more than helpful with extra blankets and towels. This will be the place we stay every time we return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was one of the many who stayed at the Sunburst for my 25th reunion. It met all my needs.

My work has me travel alot so I am kinda picky maybe critical of hotels. In fact, I had never before stayed at a Motel in Seaside Heights

The Sunburst provides a high quality and consistent stay on the Jersey Shore. The motel is older so dont expect 42" flat screens on the all. But who watches TV at the shore. There is more comedy watching the boardwalk.

The rooms are pretty big. There is a wall unit AC/Heat that isnt too loud. The shower/tub is a one piece unit that does the job. The walls are paneled and that actually helps keep ambient noise out.

The location really works. It is located a couple blocks north of Casino Pier but only 2 blocks from the boardwalk. You can be on the beach quickly and can be away from most of the riff raff. The late night boardwalk restaurants that stay open are a 10+min walk away as one example.

The owners are local and you are supporting a nice family when you stay there.
Remember to bring shampoo and conditioner when you come. There a couple bars of soap there but if you are used to a Marriott or Aveda products, its best to bring your own.

There is a vending machine onsite but you may want to bring your own bottled water etc.
The towels are acceptable.

Great stay in Seaside Heights

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms on the 3rd floor. I like being higher up for a quieter room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Checked in the Sunburst hotel for one night. Gave my credit card over the phone and they mailed me a receipt. I received a warm welcome and a key to my room. Room was a king bed with a kitchenette. Very well lighted. Liked the mirrored closet. Air condioner worked great but it was hard to hear the TV if the air was on. I wasn't there to watch tv so no worries. Everything was super clean. I did not see a fitness center..it's a motel.Walking distance from 7-11 and a nice breakfast place. 2 blocks from the boardwalk..what more can you want? VERY reasonably priced. Ample parking. Small pool area in back of hotel but beach is RIGHT THERE!
All in all I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We enjoyed our overnight Stay for our 25th HS reunion. They offered us Discounted Rates. The room was clean. We did not require a security deposit for the room as another post states. The location was perfect within walking distance of our venue. The staff was courteous and friendly they ran out of parking spaces but allowed us to park in their secondary lot a block up.

Room Tip: They do not supply amenities such as hair dryer, shampoo or soap - but if ask at the front desk and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!