“AWESOME STAY HERE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Save Saved
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
“AWESOME STAY HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

CLEAN AS CLEAN CAN GET!!! I have stayed here at the end of July for a week every year. Recently we havent been going because of the Jersey Shore Show. I have been going there scince i was like 2. Its so much fun, i love it every year! Pool is great, Clean, Warm, and free!! Staff is excellent!!! When i went there when i was 7 they game me a water bottle with my name written on it. They couldnt be more friendly. STAYYY HERE! TRUST ME! Aout a block from 711 and Boardwalk and waterpark. Cute little breakfast place right next door. GREAT PLACE STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at Sunburst 2 Its nicer! There are bar b q grills table chairs exc.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
sfnative01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I haven't stayed so can not review the actual motel, although based on all my research on Seaside Heights this is the only place I would want to stay. My review is on the superb customer service I received on the phone while trying to reserve a room. I spoke with the owner who was super helpful and honest with me. We were trying to book a room in June, right in the middle of prom season. She told me right away that my 30 something year old group would probably not be happy booking a room on that night. Instead of lying to me and making money on me, she spent time on the phone recommending other towns along the shore. Not knowing the area, I found that extremely helpful. I can tell that the owners take pride in their business and want to make sure each of their guests truly enjoy their stay. I really appreciated her advice. Hope I make it back to NJ soon so I can book at the Sunburst.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The room was lovely but there was a very strong citrus smell I was lucky i was only staying for a day if I stayed a nother day I would have feinted.The service was very good.

Room Tip: It was very nice but there was a very strong citrus smell
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is one of the better motels in Seaside Heights. We had rented an efficiency unit; we found our room to be somewhat smaller than the efficiency units at the Aztec Motel. However, it is much cleaner and better maintained than the Aztec Motel and many of the other properties to be found in Seaside Heights. It is also more secure, as the office is well enclosed (not as easy to just breezily walk in off the boardwalk and out onto the street), and locked when no staff is on duty. As we stayed during somewhat of an off-season, a lot of the restaurants were closed during the week. However, a 7-11 is right across the street if you just want to get a cup of coffee or a carton of milk. Our unit was equipped with a small, dorm-room sized fridge, a stove (for those who don't mind cooking while away from home) and a microwave. The AC/heating unit does have a thermostat, so the unit is not just blowing hot or cold air until your room turns into a sauna or a meat locker, as one may have experienced in other motels. The staff is very helpful, and willing to go out of their way to assist you should your arrival time at the hotel occur when the office is closed. Coffee and bagels are available in the office at 9 a.m. This is a nice added touch, which you will not find in many of the other properties in this town. It is the type of place where -- weather permitting -- one can pull a table out onto the porch and play cards with one's roomates or neighbors; it is that friendly an atmosphere.

Room Tip: Efficiency units may be larger than non-efficiency units.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not having been to the area in years, I read reviews on TripAdvisor and decided on the Sunburst motel. Upon arrival, there was a mix of families and singles. We had a double bed room on the top floor. It was very clean, quiet and plenty of room. After walking the strip and seeing some of the surrounding motels I KNOW we picked a good one. There was also free coffee and bagels every morning. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Rooms are dated but clean. Front staff was nice, helpful. Pool is clean. In walking distance to beach. Coffee and bagels served, but not until 9am.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I just returned from an annual family get together at the Sunburst. We had 5 rooms in Sunburst II and one in Sunburst I. Once again, the motel was wonderful. Thank you Butch, Joanne, and Tyler for your hospitality and for maintaining the cleanest motel in Seaside Heights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!