“Clean and roomy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Save Saved
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
New York
“Clean and roomy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not having been to the area in years, I read reviews on TripAdvisor and decided on the Sunburst motel. Upon arrival, there was a mix of families and singles. We had a double bed room on the top floor. It was very clean, quiet and plenty of room. After walking the strip and seeing some of the surrounding motels I KNOW we picked a good one. There was also free coffee and bagels every morning. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Rooms are dated but clean. Front staff was nice, helpful. Pool is clean. In walking distance to beach. Coffee and bagels served, but not until 9am.

Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I just returned from an annual family get together at the Sunburst. We had 5 rooms in Sunburst II and one in Sunburst I. Once again, the motel was wonderful. Thank you Butch, Joanne, and Tyler for your hospitality and for maintaining the cleanest motel in Seaside Heights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family usually rents a house every year, but this year due to time restrictions we were unable to. A bunch of my family instead booked a few rooms down the block near all the clubs. My brother and I wanted to do my own thing so I did my research for a clean and reliable motel in the area and came across reviews for the sunburst. I have to say most of the positive reviews are true. This place is CLEAN.. and that is probably the most important thing to me. As soon as you walk in you'll smell how clean it is with it's citrus smell. The rooms are a little dated, older furniture and electronics... but you do get a microwave and fridge in the double room. Not sure how the efficiencies are. The walls are wood paneled so you kind of get an old motel feel, but it's a clean old motel feel and it's actually pretty spacious. You have access to an older TV, but you get a cable box with optimum services... and you get free, secured WIFI which is great. The bathroom had decent water pressure and was very very clean. They came into give us new towels and clean up the room when we put our little sign out indicating that we needed maid service. Parking hasn't been an issue thus far, but they have two lots, and a spot for every room so you shouldn't have an issue. We were able to walk to everything, the boardwalk, beach, and some cool restaurants. The pool is small but saw a BBQ down there. It's raining at the moment so not sure if we'll make it down there this time around. Overall, for not renting a house, and for a first motel experience here, I was very impressed. You get what you pay for here. My families motel smelled like mold and mildew and was so noisey because of the clubs. I'm in my mid twenties and like to have a good time, but was definitely not looking for a party motel. They only give rooms to people of age and primarily to families. I needed a clean place to sleep, and I got it. Not to mention, the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and willing to give us directions and recommendations wherever we needed. Granted, we are checking out tomorrow, as of now I see no reason to tell anyone not to check this place out. Will update if necessary, but I give it a very high rating and definitely recommend. I'll probably be back next year if we don't get a house again and I'm glad to know of somewhere reliable and clean to stay down here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mt. Vernon, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed over July 4th weekend and was very disappointed - There was an overwhelming POT smell throughout the entire room, that it gave us excrutiating headaches. It took the motel staff 2 days and 6 people to work on the room to try to remove/reduce the overwhelming smell.
Whereas, I completely understand that it was not the establishments doing but they should have taken care of this problem prior to us checking in not waiting until the next day after I kept asking for them to address this problem. When I asked for an adjustment to my bill and suggested that the previous patron be charged, they were annoyed that I asked and handed me $40.00. I did not think $40.00 was fair - I felt we should have been credited for 1 night stay. It is extremely unfortunate because I have stayed in this motel with my family for over 20 years and have recommended to many people. Overall, the place should have done the right thing my us and handled this issue prior to us checking in and if they were not able to they should have credited us a minimum of 1 night stay verses being annoyed and handing me $40.00 which I turned around and left for the staff.

Covington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We spent a week at the Sunburst Motel and couldn't have been happier. All the motels in Seaside Heights are older, but our room was very clean and well-kept. They come in daily to clean the rooms, replace towels, etc. We saw them cleaning the barbecue grills a couple of times while we were there, as well. We stayed in Sunburst I and had a view of the pool. The pool is small, but clean, and we used it every day. Complimentary coffee, tea, and bagels are offered each morning starting at 9:00 a.m. The owner and his son were friendly and helpful. They have a laundromat on site, which was convenient and clean, too. This motel is a short two block walk to the beach & boardwalk, and parking is free. Having never stayed in Seaside Heights before, we were just more than pleased to have a clean, quiet place to spend the week. We had a wonderful stay at the Sunburst! I would definitely recommend this motel!

Room Tip: They provide shampoo & soap, but no blow dryer for your hair, so be sure to bring your own!