“Clean, Safe and Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
1020 Blvd & Hancock Aves, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Safe and Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Thank you so much to the owners of Sunburst! We had originally booked a house only to find out it was basically a crack house and thankfully called here and we were able to get rooms at the Sunburst for our 3 families in side by side effiencies. We were so relieved to find this clean and safe Motel. The pool was great-the rooms were perfect!
Sunburst saved our little family get-away for the holiday weeekend! They even gave my daughter a little gift when we checked out. They allowed our friends with infants to stay parked in the lot for a few hours after check in. The beds were clean - the bathrooms- Clean and plenty of towels.
You can feel comfortable reserving here and knowing that you will not be disapointed!

Room Tip: Good Value and most of all Clean & Friendly!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

For an affordable motel at the Shore, the Sunburst was all we had hoped for. Staying Sunday through Wednesday in mid-June, we got an efficiency suite (2 double beds, kitchenette, living room) for 3 adults and 2 small children for $85+tax per night. The room was spacious and clean. It did have a slight cigarette smell, but it wasn’t so bad that it bothered us. The pool was a good size and clean, with plenty of seating and a working grill. The owner/manager and the staff were accommodating, helpful, and kind. The wireless internet connection is free, which is more than most big hotels offer. The nighttimes were quiet, except for a couple of loud sirens from a nearby firehouse. Granted, midweek this early in the season is not party time, but we were still relieved that the motel and its surroundings were quiet and free of punks and drunks. The location is perfect. It’s just a short block and a half from the boardwalk. There’s a 7-11 around the corner and a CVS down the block. Parking was free for our single car. No free beach passes, but they are only $5 for adults and easy to get.
Because of the MTV show, Seaside’s reputation has gotten even worse than it already was. But we found it a fun and safe family destination. The beach is clean and the lifeguards are vigilant. The boardwalk is a blast, there are two piers full of great rides and silly games, and a water park right behind it. We would definitely take the family to Seaside again, and we would stay in the Sunburst.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel is a stand out in Seaside Heights. We had a King room with a kitchen. The room was large and clean. It is a quick 2 block walk to the boardwalk, so it is quiet. Pool area is secluded and clean. It is an older hotel, but the owners are doing a great job keeping it clean and up to date. New carpeting and furniture were being installed in several other guest rooms while we were there. The owners were a great help recommending restaurants and the best pizza in the area. Try Brassas BBQ for awesome food.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We checked this hotel out the week after Father's day since it received relatively high ratings on trip advisor for the area. We asked the rate when we walked in and were quoted $120, then he came down to $110/night. We asked to see a room. While it was pretty typically furnished for NJ "shore" type motel, the terrible smoke odor hit all of us (3 families travelling together). They said all their rooms were smoking so we declined and moved on. Ended up getting a $60 rate less than a block away for essentially the same type room without an odor. Usually I can count on solid choices in the top few trip advisor ranked hotels for an area but not the case here.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

Clean clean clean. Enjoyed it. Monica from penna

• Stayed July 2010
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel was great. The owners are extremely nice and very welcoming. I have been in many hotels in Seaside and they were all dirty looking jail cells. This was the first time I stayed at a hotel in Seaside, and I was very surprised. The rooms were very clean, very well kept, and the staff was very attentive to anything we asked for. I really loved this hotel. My friends and I plan on coming back again due to the phenomenal experience and treatment we had here. It is a major plus because it is so close to the boardwalk, stores, and waterpark. This hotel is definitely worth trying!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I traveled with my husband and children ages 17, 15, 13 & 7. We were stuck in the room for 3 days due to rain. If the motel was dirty there was no way I would have survived and would of had to cancel. To my surprise the room was very clean, I travelled with my own pots and pans because I was scared of what they would look like and didnt want to put my families food in them. I was totally wrong -- they were spotless. I like the fact that you can BBQ on the deck. The staff was very warm and freindly. If you have other people/children with you and you want privacy then the 1 bedrooms are not for you because they dont have doors. It's about two blocks from the Boardwalk. I would stay there again rain or shine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sunburst Motels I & II? Share your experiences!