“Close to Beach” 3 of 5 stars

$39 (USD)
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Close to Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Pros: Close to Beach, Beach passes available, friendly people, quiet at night

Cons: Small rooms, room not as picture in booking info, Pool full of sand, not the cleanest (no daily maid service), needs a lot of updating

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Don't do it unless your there to party and don't care, parking is terrible rooms are old needing of major remodeling, our room was never cleaned while we were there, had reservations for six only had three towels, I found this place to be so terrible we didn't even stay the second night, the people that own this place have to making a killing because they put nothing back into the place. Guarantee I will never darken their doorstep again!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Sky View Manor is a DUMP!!! I went to Seaside for a family reunion and we tried to stay at one of the houses they had. The house was so bad that we had to switch locations completely. The house was a disaster and wasn't even cleaned from the previous people, which the owner admitted it hadn't been cleaned. There were exposed wires - which would shock you if you touched them, there were layers of dirt on the fan blades, the fan blades weren't even on the fan properly, there were empty beer cans and liquor bottles under the sink, the front door didn't even lock, the storm door didn't have a window in it, and they put so many beds in each room that they were touching and you couldn't even walk between them. A family member of mine reserved a room at the motel and that was a disgusting mess as well. None of us even wanted to sit on the couches in the room or the house, let alone use the toilet. The pictures that are online are completely misleading and are probably from 5 years ago when the house was first being rented. I have stayed in Seaside before and never had an experience like this. After we complained to the owner about the house and the motel room, he had nothing to say. He admitted the house hadn't been cleaned and didn't really care that we were unhappy. Needless to say we did not stay at the house and found a different house to stay at. I would HIGHLY suggest not to stay with Sky View, unless dirty, disgusting rooms are your thing.

Room Tip: choose a different place to stay!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It's in a great location close to the beach and boardwalk I been coming here for 4 years with my family and steaks unlimited is at the corner home of the Seaside Tony and Cheese Balls Hurricane Sandy or the Fire could not keep me away I love the beach I like staying at the Skyview manor motel for the kindness of the people and the owner

• Stayed July 2014
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed in multiple Seaside Heights Hotels. None of them are glamorous, some of them weren't even clean. I don't think anyone should go to Seaside Heights and expect a high end hotel experience. I wouldn't even compare their hotels to 3 star hotels elsewhere. However, if you need a clean bed and a shower and don't want to spend a fortune, this is a good option.

Located 2 blocks near the end of the boardwalk towards the Seaside Park side. Easy walk to Beachcomber & Sawmill PIzza (best pizza ever IMO). It's also close to the 2 main clubs Bamboo and Karma, if that interests you.

We met Sam at check in, who is very nice and accommodating. He saw I was pregnant and we had a 4 year old so he upgraded us to an available room on the ground floor (no stairs!) and instead of Queen beds we got Kings! I very much appreciated the extra space. They also provide you beach passes while you're there, but you need to leave a photo ID to get these passes. Also you can get coupons for a nearby breakfast, but we had our own breakfast destinations so we didn't take the coupons.

Our room was clean, although shabby. The beds are not the most comfortable (but they were clean and I've never slept in a luxurious bed while in Seaside Heights) They have a solid AC window unit that does it's job, and a clean bathroom with everything you'd need for a quick shower. There is a small sitting area (a couch right next to the bed, so not a separated room) As well as a table with some chairs and a mini fridge which was very useful to hold our waters/snacks. There is "free wifi" but it's very spotty.

They have a nice pool that ranges from 2 ft to 8ft. Clearly you are responsible for yourself in the pool, there is no lifeguard.

Where we stayed we did not hear much noise from the other guests. The walls were thick enough that I never heard anything next door.

My biggest complaint would be the parking spots, while there were plenty, they were very difficult to get in and out of. Most people ended up taking up parts of the next door spot. If you need to get out then you have to back out the whole way. It's a minor aggravation and if you have a very nice car you might be nervous parking here.

This was one of the most reasonable choices I have found in my many years I have gotten a room down in Seaside Heights. Especially if you include you don't need beach passes. I will definitely consider staying here again.

yonkers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stay here every year for our trip to the shore. The hotel has a great location, a short walk to the beach and boardwalk. The pool is huge and clean with plenty of space to to enjoy the sun. The two large grills were perfect to enjoy some food during the day.

The rooms are comfortable and the staff bends over backwards to ensure you enjoy your stay. Sam, Vic and Chris were always available to help us and even just to ask us how our stay was. Beach passes are free and the breakfast coupons come in handy for the breakfast place down the street (great homefries).

The big guy will be back again this summer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We've been staying here since 2011

We pick this hotel for it’s location to the Funtown Pier Amusements on the boardwalk, but super storm Sandy couldn't keep us away and nether could the boardwalk fire.

When we got to the room it was clean and neat. The room was a little run down but nothing we couldn’t live with. The only two problems I had with the place were
(1) no chairs in the room and
(2) the lack of enough towels in the room.
Which after I said something about they took care of right away.

The staff (by now I should be calling them family) went out of their way to make sure we had a good time.

They even have security there at night and expect the younger (18 – 25) crowd to behave.

The pool has two sides to it. A 2 foot baby pool and a 2 – 10 foot pool for the older people.

I’m so glad that we found this place and were befriended by management and staff. We will not be staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book your family trip to Seaside Heights a week after the 4th of July for the best experience.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sky View Manor Motel? Share your experiences!