“It was like staying with family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
You added Seaside Colony Motel to your Saves list
65 Hiering Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“It was like staying with family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

After my son and his two friends stayed one night at a horribly disgusting motel in Seaside, I looked on tripadvisor for them and found the Colony. I called her up and assured her that they were responsible quiet 18 year olds that needed a clean place to stay. She treated the boys like family and when they got home they told me they loved it there. Clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. It is where we will stay when we go back to Seaside. Thanks Sunny!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tina M

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Sunny the owner is always so welcoming & treats everyone like family.We arrive early in the morning without a reservation on a saturday & got a room right away & relaxed with free coffee before heading off to the beach with free beach badges that comes with the room.I also enjoyed the pool which was new & very clean.At night I enjoyed sitting out on the chairs and reading my nook with the free wifi.
If you are looking for a place to stay in seadside you must check out the colony...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rick n
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a clean motel a half block from the boardwalk. It's quiet and across the street from a CVS. I saw many of the others that were offered online and I'm glad I picked this one. The owners are very helpful and the room was equiped with a fridge and microwave. The pool was small but clean. It's easy to go wrong in this neighborhood... stay here.

1 Thank breezy680
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked this trip literally last minute. I had a few days off and tried long beach island and was unsuccessful. This was meant to be because I said let me check out seaside heights, I never been here. To my delight this motel was great. The owners Ron and Sunny are so gracious and warm. Sunny is the best host, I felt like I was visiting a friend. The grounds and rooms are spotless. Sunny is running around all day with a smile on her face making sure everything is clean, and neat. The rooms had plenty of clean towels, a refrigerator, and t.v. what else can u ask for. In the morning she makes coffee, a nice touch. The beach is a block over in the quiet section, there is also a cvs across the street to buy your munchies, water, etc. The restaurants are in walking distance, I recommend hemmingways. They have happy hour 5-7 drinks and food at the bar. Very relaxing! Will be back. Thanks sunny xxo

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank romey79
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The rooms are very clean and the owner is friendly, it is a family oriented place so it was quiet and only 1/2 block to the beach. The beach badges are a nice extra, we had 4 people and went to the beach 3 days so that saved us a good amount.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jm2009Pa
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just got back from are trip stay at Colony Motel from the 3 to 10 of Aug 2013.The prices are great and they have a Pool-AC-Refrigerator-Microwave-Parking-WIFI. The Beds are like sleeping on a cloud. After a long walk on the boardwalk fills so good to just lay down and rest. They also Clean your room every day. Sunny make free coffee in the morn for her guest.Sunny does all she can to make your stay a happy one. The staff are all so friendly. We love are stay their so much that we Reservations are room for next year. Sunny see you in 2014 We had a Great Time. Bob and Pat

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prowan52
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

You are about to read the most honest review about a motel you have ever read. The quality of most Seaside Heights motels has decreased dramatically over the years. Even the hotels that are listed right behind the Colony Motel on TripAdvisor have a bunch of negative reviews. You are about to learn why this motel is undisputably, far and away deserving of the #1 best rated place to stay in Seaside Heights. First, I will start with the most important part of a motel - cleanliness. The owner (Sunny), while being the most warm, polite and helpful person on the planet, also has a tireless work ethic devoted soley to maintaining the cleanliness of the property and all of its rooms. She is running around all day making sure the maids have what they need to make up the rooms and all of the guests have what they need to enjoy their stay. Not even the parking lot was dirty! No cigarette butts or tissues or wrappers anywhere! It is glaringly obvious that this motel is Sunny's baby and she is an incredibly caring mother! The standard rooms were spotless, spacious and included flat screen LCD TV's with optimum cable boxes- good if you have kids since cartoons are on multiple channels. I didn't see a single bug on the property! Let me clarify - not only did I not see a bug in our motel room - I didn't see a bug near the pool or anywhere on the entire premises! Apparently, bugs are the only things Sunny doesn't welcome at the Colony Motel! The pool was sparkling clean and very inviting as well.
Next, location. This motel is located at the North end of Seaside Heights, literally just a half-block from the beach (right next to the clean and private beaches) and just far enough away from the loud hustle & bustle of the boardwalk. But don't think the motel is not close to the boardwalk action either. Once you walk the half-block up the street to the beach/boardwalk, you are literally a 2-3 minute walk to where the action & fun begins! Another perk (and now I am just adding on) they are right across the street from a 24 hour CVS pharmacy. You can walk across the street to get milk, soda, juice, snacks & cigarettes without ever having to start up the car. My family and I could not have been more satisfied with our 3 night stay at the Colony Motel. And just to give you another idea of how helpful and courteous Sunny is - she moved our beach towels off the outside railing when it started to rain to an area near our room where they would not get wet! Are you kidding me? She gave us beach passes to enter the beach for free and she gave us our choice of staying on the first or second floor. I stayed in room 6 on the first floor since I have a young child and didn't want to lug the entire contents of my home that my wife packed up to the second floor. As mentioned previously, the room was great. Also, Sunny puts out fresh coffee and muffins for the guests every morning! WOW. Needless to say, we are coming back. In fact, we might be coming back next week! See you soon Sunny!

5 Thank jay4jojo311
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Heights
Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights
Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside ...
#17 of 41 in Seaside Heights
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#8 of 41 in Seaside Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 212 reviews

Been to Seaside Colony Motel? Share your experiences!