“There are many reasons why the Colony Motel is #1 in Seaside Heights!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
Save Saved
You added Seaside Colony Motel to your Saves list
65 Hiering Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
NJ
“There are many reasons why the Colony Motel is #1 in Seaside Heights!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

You are about to read the most honest review about a motel you have ever read. The quality of most Seaside Heights motels has decreased dramatically over the years. Even the hotels that are listed right behind the Colony Motel on TripAdvisor have a bunch of negative reviews. You are about to learn why this motel is undisputably, far and away deserving of the #1 best rated place to stay in Seaside Heights. First, I will start with the most important part of a motel - cleanliness. The owner (Sunny), while being the most warm, polite and helpful person on the planet, also has a tireless work ethic devoted soley to maintaining the cleanliness of the property and all of its rooms. She is running around all day making sure the maids have what they need to make up the rooms and all of the guests have what they need to enjoy their stay. Not even the parking lot was dirty! No cigarette butts or tissues or wrappers anywhere! It is glaringly obvious that this motel is Sunny's baby and she is an incredibly caring mother! The standard rooms were spotless, spacious and included flat screen LCD TV's with optimum cable boxes- good if you have kids since cartoons are on multiple channels. I didn't see a single bug on the property! Let me clarify - not only did I not see a bug in our motel room - I didn't see a bug near the pool or anywhere on the entire premises! Apparently, bugs are the only things Sunny doesn't welcome at the Colony Motel! The pool was sparkling clean and very inviting as well.
Next, location. This motel is located at the North end of Seaside Heights, literally just a half-block from the beach (right next to the clean and private beaches) and just far enough away from the loud hustle & bustle of the boardwalk. But don't think the motel is not close to the boardwalk action either. Once you walk the half-block up the street to the beach/boardwalk, you are literally a 2-3 minute walk to where the action & fun begins! Another perk (and now I am just adding on) they are right across the street from a 24 hour CVS pharmacy. You can walk across the street to get milk, soda, juice, snacks & cigarettes without ever having to start up the car. My family and I could not have been more satisfied with our 3 night stay at the Colony Motel. And just to give you another idea of how helpful and courteous Sunny is - she moved our beach towels off the outside railing when it started to rain to an area near our room where they would not get wet! Are you kidding me? She gave us beach passes to enter the beach for free and she gave us our choice of staying on the first or second floor. I stayed in room 6 on the first floor since I have a young child and didn't want to lug the entire contents of my home that my wife packed up to the second floor. As mentioned previously, the room was great. Also, Sunny puts out fresh coffee and muffins for the guests every morning! WOW. Needless to say, we are coming back. In fact, we might be coming back next week! See you soon Sunny!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We picked this hotel because we needed a place to stay for a quick overnight at the Jersey shore on our way home from New England. It was the highest rated on tripadvisor for Seaside Heights so I called and got a room for that evening. We were told we had to arrive by 10pm and we made it with 5 minutes to spare. Since we arrived so late, they told us we could check out at 12 (instead of the normal 11 check out). They also said we could leave our car in their parking lot and use their pool after 12. When they realized we had bikes on our car, they offered their garage to store them for the night - we declined since they were already locked to the car.

The hotel is nice and clean. Everything is new (unfortunately due to Sandy). The staff is over the top friendly. The beds were very comfortable. And, it is a very short walk to the boardwalk. The pool is nice and clean too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time here. On a whim, we decided to drive to the shore for a quick getaway with our little kids and a teen. I researched for a quiet place but close to things so the kids wouldn't be bored. This motel came up three times within different searches and was also listed in the Washington Post. Smart choice. The pool was a bonus. The room and property were immaculate and I have never felt so safe as I did there. It is now our yearly family vacation spot.
SRL

• Stayed July 2013
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice quiet area of Seaside. Hotel very clean staff worked hard to keep it this way day and night.I would recommend this hotel to my friend and family. Sunny the owner is a very nice lady she makes sure you are comfortable and is around if you need anything. Do not think twice this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just stayed at the Colony Motel and what a nice, clean motel in Seaside Heights. The owner Sunny is so hospitable, decent rates, nice room and very clean, enough towels, a pool and 2 beach badges included! The owner makes complimentary coffee for all guests and was so sweet. Was not noisy and there is a CVS across the street if you want to get water, etc., to put in the fridge in the room. Also had a microwave. Pretty hanging flowers in front of every room, nice touch! Great find and we will be going back!

Room Tip: Just tell the owner what you need and she will try to please!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our larger family took a trip down to Seaside for a June getaway. Once again, the Colony was wonderful. There honestly is not another hotel/motel like it. From the EXTREME cleanliness of the rooms, to the amazing pool and close proximity to the beach and boardwalk (2 minute walk for the slowest member of our family), the most important thing to us was the hospitality of the staff; you can always count on Ron and Sunny to be there--our family ranges from the age of 2-56, and they take care of everyone as if it was their own family. Can not wait until our next trip to seaside and our visit to the Colony. In addition, it is in the nicest part of Seaside, away from all the hustle and bustle, but yet still close enough to where you can walk there if that is your thing.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center, but walking the boardwalk and swimming in the pool is some of the best f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Croton on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My group of friends and I came down to this beach side motel for our after-prom and we had a great time. The facilities are good and the location is great(right next to the boardwalk)but what blew us away was the attentiveness of the manager sunny. I can safely say that I have never been to a hotel/motel which has staff that is as dedicated as sunny's to ensureing that we had a good time. She even grilled us cheeseburgers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seaside Colony Motel? Share your experiences!