“A great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
You added Seaside Colony Motel to your Saves list
65 Hiering Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
NJ
“A great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is great for what it is! It's not a 5 star hotel but it doesn't pretend to be one either- the room was a little outdated but clean and very functional. A/C was great and it was HOT out. The staff was helpful and polite, they actually seemed to care. Parking was a little tight but hey it is Seaside. All in all, you can't beat the room or the service for the price!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a last minute trip to seaside, booked a room at 9 at night and arrived at 230am and sonny was there to check us in. The next year we decided to go back and sonny was still the best host. Very sweet and helpful. Our room was always kept real clean and tidy. Sonny lending the passes to guests is extremely generous and like the other person said after we checked out she lent us passes and allowed us to stay parked there until we left. I plan to stay here every year. We are heading down in about 2 weeks.
It's not very often that a motel gets almost all great reviews!! So erb338, your a fool :)

• Stayed August 2011
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family just stayed here and we loved it. Sunny is always available if you need anything. She makes coffee every morning for all the guests. The maid service is excellent, you always have a clean room. I stayed at other hotels in Seaside and this is one of the best. We will return next year. Thanks again Sunny!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to Seaside based on the good reviews and on the location (further away from the bars and boardwalk). We are 100% satisfied with our choice and would not consider staying anywhere else if we return. Here's why: CVS pharmacy JUST across the street: very convenient for milk, bottled water or amenities forgotten like shampoo; very clean outdoor pool, fridge and microwave in room, modern flat-screen TVs, comfortable beds and most of all owners who care about their guests. 'Sunny' (as was said before in many reviews) is a very devoted person who surprised us with her generosity and kindness every day of our stay. Coming from 8 hours away, we arrived at 2:45 am and she was still up waiting for us and made us feel welcome and like we were visiting family when she didn't even know us. She really IS up at the crack of dawn, cleaning and taking care of her guests until very late at night. Both owners seem to be on the premises at all times and contrary to some others who seemed to have a problem with that for some reason, I feel it was a positive because we could feel safe leaving valuables like our passports in the room knowing someone was always keeping an eye out. They supply beach passes which saves 5$ per person per day (beach access fee), they gave us great directions, they supply free coffee and tea in the morning and there is a BBQ and a picnic table for when you are fed up of the overpriced, greasy food from the boardwalk. Speaking of which, one night my husband asked if he could use the BBQ and Sunny immediately started cleaning it and when we returned from the grocery store with steak (a 5 minute walk away), the BBQ had been started and dishes and paper towels had been prepared for him. It was like a visit to mom's house! One day, my daughter cut her finger a little on the side of the pool and Sunny disinfected it, put a band-aid on it and literally RAN to tell her husband who sanded down the side of the pool where it happened immediately! I agree that that IS excellent customer service and even though late at night, the boardwalk did not feel like a very safe place for a family, the motel made us feel very safe. It is not at all a long walk to the action, just about 5 minutes and you pass the 'Jersey Shore' house on the way or can even walk along the beach to get there. I highly recommend this motel to anyone going to Seaside heights as, in many years of traveling, we were NEVER treated this well. It's worth every penny you spend to be encouraging good caring owners who invest in their guests' comfort instead of money hungry con artists as can be found all over this city. Thank you Sunny and Ron! We will recommend you to others for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

myself and my fiancee stayed here for 2 weeks , upon arrival we were greeted by sunny the owner, this lady does not stop from morning till nite, nothing is too much trouble . maid service is excellent, great location nice pool, also like to mention big ron a great guy , in all nothin but good memories, wud recommend to anyone, we will be back x

• Stayed June 2012
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family just stayed here, and we loved it.. The owner was great always making sure your stay was comfortable. The room was very clean.. I was surprised how clean... Beds where comfortable.... We are playing our next trip there for next year and maybe even again this year...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

As the title implies, I keep coming back. Its the only place I stay at when my family visits seaside heights. As I've stated in earlier reviews, this is not a brand spanking new motel. If thats what you want or are used to, then you might want to try other options. What this place is though is clean, well maintained, and very well cared for. The staff and management are very friendly and courteous and do make a serious effort to take care of complaints almost immediately. For instance, the screw from the wall mount of the hangar holder had fallen off the wall, went to the front desk to inform the management, left for a quick walk on the board walk and by the time we got back the fixture had been repaired. Its the little things like that that count in my book.

For me myself, I don't need a "sparkling state of the art facility" to keep me happy. I want to be on the beach or on the boardwalk or in the pool. What I do need though is a clean, reasonably priced, family oriented hotel to sleep in. And for me, the colony fits that description to a tee.

Room Tip: Don't forget to use the beach passes!