“Agree with Ms. Jersey from May 2008” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Beach House
47 Hamilton Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #24 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
New Jersey
“Agree with Ms. Jersey from May 2008”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I encountered the same thing as Ms Jersey. I never even stayed at this beach house, I called to get prices for two nights and all I could hear was a guy yelling in the back round and the guy that answered thr phone ( Steve ) kept telling him to be quiet and then had to repeat to me what I could not hear. This guy Steve said the the guy yelling in a much lower voice to "be quiet I'm still on the phone" not sure what was going on at this beach house. I also asked him if the beach badges were included like many of the other hotels and he said he is hoping to get them next week I called on July 17 2010 the season is half over already. Glad I'm not staying here!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

sewickley pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

wonderful yet again. not fancy,older beach bungalow, but clean,safe and quiet. we've stayed here for the last 6 years, always had or needs met and enjoyed the friendly hosts, steve and joanne. keep up the great work. see you next year

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
conecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I'm sorry this place was DIRTY and out dated. I would NEVER NEVER stay here. The owners were very nice and tried to do what were was need to make us happy by showing and offering us other rooms. We were not happy with this place at all and decided to find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Best stay ever, Joanna and Steve treated me like family. Do not miss out on this comfy affordable beach motel. They might cost a little more than some of the cheaper motels but their place is worth every penny. A ++

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

After two bad experiences with Seaside motels, and walking around for 2 hours trying to find somewhere that wasn't disgusting or ridiculously overpriced, we ran across Steve and Joanne's place and booked it immediately! They are friendly, helpful, and the room is nice and clean. Simple, but with everything you need--room for 4, fridge, stove, TV, clean shower and bathroom. If you need anything else, just ask! They were happy to lend us boogie boards and a wine opener (the only things we asked for). Also, they let us know we could use the grill if we wanted.

We were super happy with our experience here!! Highly recommend, and if I go back to Seaside I will definitely stay here. The location is great, too--only a block from the boardwalk, right in the middle of the boardwalk. Close to good bars, if you want to go out.

Thanks, Steve and JoAnne! =)

• Liked — owners were super nice
  • Disliked — everything was fine.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

I didnt even get a chance to book a room here. I called to make a reservation for two rooms, the guy who answered the phone kept yelling to people in the backgrouns and when I said "excuse me" and asked about the rooms, i couldnt understand what he was saying. he continued to shout at people in the background and, i guess, talk to me at the same time. i said "hello?" to make sure he knew i was still on the line and he said "ya done" and then just hung up on me. i have yet to encounter such rudeness and im very glad i didnt get a chance to book my rooms here, since i wouldve had to deal with this guy in person for a few days.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the employee is perhaps the rudest and most unappealing individual i have ever talked to
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Upstate,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We didn't stay here. Although,we were going to. The woman on the phone told us her overflow stayed at this nice house adjacent to the property. We were told that it would be great for a family, we have an 8 month old and our friends have a two and one year old .Without any pictures to see,we decided to make a daytrip and check it out. If you trashed a condemned building, it would be slightly nicer than this place.

The bedrooms had no room to move,due to there being two double beds crammed in there. The kitchen/dining room/living room had out dated,deteriorating cabinets (some with missing doors). The floor looked like it needed about a week of bleaching,the walls needed cleaned and redone (it was really just a series of patches.)
Remember the beds i was talking about? Bring your own sheets and some plastic. While i don't expect 5 star hotel quality, it looks like they went into an alley and found these things.

The person we gave our money to (prior to seeing the place) told us later that several customers this year have been unhappy. One was lied to and told there was a pool and someone else that there was room service. So we are another in a string of unsatisfied customers The 2 guys and 2 girls he rented the place to last friday for $100 for only an hour might be the only ones who left happy.

I could go on, but you get the point. They have some of the lowest prices in town, for a reason.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

Been to Seaside Beach House? Share your experiences!