“I'D RATHER HAVE SLEPT IN MY CAR THAN THIS PLACE!” 1 of 5 stars

Seaport Motel
133 Carteret Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #22 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Toms River, New Jersey
“I'D RATHER HAVE SLEPT IN MY CAR THAN THIS PLACE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

As me and my wife arrived there we found that there was no one in the office until 10:00 am. WTF...are you kidding me.so we sat there and waited until finally this towel headed little P.O.S. whose name was kimo gave us an attitude as if we disturbed him of his ugly sleep to assist us in getting our (if that's what you call the dump) room.there's crack w..... everywhere around the premises, drug deals going on in plain sight,the police were there on a regular basis and if you smoke by god hide them because EVERYONE is a grub and will surround you like damn cockroaches trying to bum them off you!i suggest if you can't book elsewhere DON'T COME TO SEASIDE!oh yeah the room was as disgusting as the people that inhabited it.

Room Tip: i would say to stay over the bridge in toms river it's less expensive and very close to seaside...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was excellent....The manager was great he went out of his way to make us feel right at home.The rooms where extremly clean and the pool was great and relaxing. We stayed for 4 days and every day we where asked by the manager if we where happy and if he could make our stay any better. Well let me tell you that was a great feeling to see they actually cared and just didn't want our money. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know and we will be back next month for a long weekend and every summer here out thank you guys at the seaport

• Stayed June 2011
Bridgeport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

For Seaside Heights you cant expect too much, I just got home from a three day stay with my husband and was very sceptical about staying in a motel in seaside because pictures can be deceiving. I brought my own sheets, and toiletries just to be safe and upon arrival I realized I really didnt need them. I gave the room a once-over and used a clorox wipe and the room was spotless. The sheets were also fine, no weird stains or holes although I felt more comfortable sleeping on my own sheets. The maid came in and cleaned the room and left new towels everyday.also we got coupons for breakfast in different place and it was good, the pool was nice and clean, the service was perfect and the staff was helpful and good standard for seaside I were very pleased and plan to make another trip down next summer

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Astoria, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Arrived on the weekend and saw some undesirables hanging around side of building on their computers and the parking was terrible. The office manager was a bit shady, but the maid was a real doll and very helpful to us with her excellent but very pricey restaurant choices both in and out of the area. The pool was very clean and well maintained but had to walk a few blocks to the beach. Overall the looks are deceiving on the website but was greeted by a clean, comfortable room, and would gladly stay again if given the chance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

Thought me and the family were going to be spending a nice week at seaside,so we checked out the pics of the place online very decieving they show you a picture of a clean room.after checking in I couldn't believe me eyes the horror look on my kids face said all I need to know my son fell asleep on the bed and flies were all over him!!!...there
was a hugh hole in what they called a bathtub,snot all over the walls,no toilet paper, fridge didn't work no fire alarms,doors didn't lock crack
heads working there... I won't even let my mother in law stay
here!!!!....needless to say we didn't
stay there for even for 1hour.. Good place to stay if you want to catch some funky disease!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I have stayed there for 3 nights weekdays it was really good spot and had a good time with my girl friend ,as well as i got the room on a good deal, the staff there was very helpful and nice :)
defiantly we'll come back soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

ok..so the website looks really nice but if you wanna lose your money, go here. FIRST we reserved an apartment for 20 ppl and we were super excited..to only recieve a call and be told that they had overbooked us, they told us they had another offer which was a house at the same price as the apartment...to later be called back and told that they had overbooked us AGAIN. So then they made us another deal and said they were going to give us 3 apartments for 20 people and we've had an inconvience and cannot go to seaside so we asked for a refund back and the IDIOT of some guy who works there "KEMO" said we couldn't because in the contract it says we had to cancel our reservation a month before..NOWHERE in the contract does it say a month it says "A REFUND WILL BE ISSUED DAYS PRIOR TOO SCHEDULED ARRIVAL" now we have filed a claim with the bank and are hoping to get our money back....THE REVIEWS ARE THE TRUTH! put this place out of buisness!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Seaport Motel? Share your experiences!