“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Gem Motel and Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Gem Motel and Apartments
You added Sea Gem Motel and Apartments to your Saves list
55 Dupont Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Special Rate
$49 (USD)
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I don't know what motel these reviews came from (begged or paid for I'm sure). I've been there recently and it was a drug infested motel all the furniture and beds are stained the tall mgr is rude when I asked for toiletries he told me not right now DON'T GO THERE unless you want to watch the old limping guy on a bike clean a room then ask paying customers if they knew where to score at (I don't do crack motels and you shouldn't either)

Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bricktown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our sons and daughters loved being at the Sea Gem with their parents.Went to Sky View last year, but having more people chose the Sea Gem. It is owned by same person,so i was sure we would receive the same care.Because our group size we were allowed to go to sky view and cook , swim at larger pool.we ate at the pool side under a moon lit night . The clubs and other activities are near by.The boys and the girls loved that.Passes to the beach are given to you free of cost and parking on location.The stay was as always outstanding !

Room Tip: "Higher floors better view of area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great Summer weekend spent at the Sea Gem. The boardwalk is located few feet away. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any looking for a relaxing getaway. Really its a Gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Ensure poolside view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Old Westbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend because we liked the neighboring motel, Skyview Manor, and both properties are managed by the same owner. The people that checked us in were friendly, and although they were difficult to understand at first, they gave us complimentary beach badges and discounts to the nearby restaurants. We were still a really short distance away from the boardwalk, which helped because after a whole day of walking everywhere, we didn't have to travel far to go back to our rooms. The rooms had a working tv, and microwave and the beds had clean bedsheets and pillows. Overall, we needed a place to sleep and get ready after a busy day and the price and location makes this hotel worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sewell, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

All the hotels owned by this owner is really bad drug dealers all over the place in this motel they have a child mulester cleaning the rooms and they don't tell you no fire alarms when I stayed there for 3 weeks we had to do with out water for a whole week because a gas line was leaking and they wouldn't fix it the child mulersters girlfriend call dyfs and lied to them saying I left my kids home alone at 2 in the morning and they were out side by them self they clean the room but not very well he sea gem dry dock and off shore are all owned by same people the only staff there that are nice are the ones that arnt indian one again worst motel ever

• Stayed February 2014
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

With a little work this motel could be awesome..The rooms were clean but overall the place is a little frightening..Would definitely say if you have children to rethink and stay somewhere else..People who have been displaced from Hurricane Sandy have been placed here to live by the state and although I empathize with these individuals I really don't understand how Seaside Heights expects to rebuild the tourist community with degenerates occupying their beach motels..There is NO housekeeping..You have to make up your room and even get your own towels daily..I DEFINITELY would NOT stay here on the weekend..This seems to be when young party people show up and create havoc..Police were there during my stay due to an assault caused by drunken madness..I hafta say that if all you need is a clean room within a half block of the boardwalk and beach then you may consider staying here..The price is cheap..beach badges are given without deposit but they do ask for your ID to hold until you return the badge..I simply told them I was not comfortable with leaving my ID and they gave me the badges anyway..It actually saddens me to see such a "GEM" of a motel being treated like a "DEN"..If the owner and management of this establishment put in a little bit of time and effort to restore the place..add in housekeeping and rid the motel of the trash that the state has placed here to live..they could very well raise the rates and have many families enjoy it for the Summer Season..Good Luck to anyone who ventures there..If you are a judgemental priss don't even bother..We stuck it out and made the best of it..Won't return though..Like I stated..it's a damn shame that greedy owners would let this place go..It could make MILLIONS>>

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Roxbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went down around May 20th. My girlfriend and I stayed for two nights, arriving and checking in at 2:00 in the morning. Ken, the man at the counter stayed up and gave us our keys and checked us in. He was really friendly. I didn't want to judge the motel although I read the many bad reviews by the ample amount of people that have had bad experiencesm, so I decided to go and take a look for myself. Before checking in, my girlfriend and I walked into the room we were given and the place was a lot better than what the reviews have told me. The beds were clean and everything (microwave, tv, shower, faucet, fridge) was in working condition. The bathrooms were relatively clean. We each payed 84 dollars; 2 people for 2 nights. I guess we got what we payed for. It was a small motel 2 minutes away from the boardwalk. It was definitely worth the money and I had a fun time. The guy working there (Ken) is Indian I believe, and has a REALLY heavy accent so it takes some time getting used to. He is a very nice person though. I will probably be renting a room out another time in the future with my friends or girlfriend. There were no bed bugs or any bugs of that sort anywhere within our room. In fact, when we were checking out, there was a Terminix card on the counter so they probably took care of that problem some time before I got there. But anyways, great place:)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Gem Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!