“Rude and dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“Rude and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have no luck finding a decent hotel in seaside owned by the same family. This hotel along with the few others they own are disgusting and the staff is rude. I would not come back.the bathrooms are disgusting and theres bugs

• Stayed June 2014

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Harriman, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My daughter and friends went to Cloud Nine after the prom. Two of them returned to my house. A few days later I found a bed bug! I called the hotel and told them that my daughter was there in room 209. They said they would call me right back. 4 hrs. later I called them. They said the room was fine but if I wanted they would send me some Terminix 6. You be the judge.
I had an exterminator come thankfully caught early. not infested

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife booked two rooms here based on the proximity to the boardwalk/beach. Price $129 night each room, a Sunday night in August. She did read negative reviews (as I found out later on) but I guess figured "how bad could it be?" Lets just say it is the last time I will let her book a room.

Now if you don't mind offensive odors with an attempt to mask them with cheap perfume and air fresheners, broken, chipped and damaged furniture, faded paint and damaged walls, dirt, grime, stains, other peoples pubic hairs on the sheets, missing smoke detectors, naked 4/5 year olds swimming in the pool, 20 year old tube TV's with blurry screens and very shady, questionable and scary looking co-guests...then this may be the place for you.

No way I would allow my family, or myself, to stay in this place. I managed to get one room refunded but the manager - who I'm quite sure by the way she acted goes through this drill quite regularly - would not provide a refund for the second room stating motel policy. I threatened to call the Building Department to report the missing smoke detectors and deplorable conditions to which she replied "Ok please do." And I shall.

We drove over to the Hershey Motel and rented two rooms for $99 per night which included a free breakfast the following morning (pay extra for beverages, bacon, etc.). Although not a Marriot or Hilton by any stretch, the staff was very friendly and the rooms and grounds though dated, were clean and well maintained.

I still get itchy all over when I think about the Cloud 9 Inn. The good news is we now have a great story to tell and so far dozens of jokes about our 1 hour stay there. For $129 plus tax it is well worth the years of laughs we will get from this experience. But then again I am an optimist.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

First let me say that there was one very nice older woman on staff who was very nice. That's it for the positive. The price was OUTRAGEOUS!! The room had no working fire alarm just wires. The beds were lumpy and the sheets, pillow cases and bed spread all has rips and holes. The room/motel was just very old and outdated. NO ICE. If this motel was 50 bucks a night I could deal being that it is right off the beach/boardwalk but for what they charge....FORGET IT!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Seaford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

the first day we got there the room looked like it wasnt even cleaned since the last family that stayed in it. there was dust all over the tv, the shower was not clean, there was hair all over, i showered in my flip flops. there were pee stains on the toilet and the air conditioner kept leaking water so it made the floor all slippery. we went down stairs and asked for them to re clean the room, the person came and barely cleaned she brought a windex bottle and "cleaned". than when we told her there were pee stains and that she neeeded to clean the shower she started speaking in another language and kept saying i already cleaned it. "well she didn't do a very good job the first time". i didnt even trust getting under neath the covers i slept with a beach towel. and the towels they give you are dirty. the second day the lady came up and told us it was check out day when it wasn't and they didnt even clean the room. the only good part about this place was how close it was to the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
quakertown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Absolutely the most disgustingly dirty, filthy, outdated motel we ever stepped into. Booked 2 rooms, found ants took over the bathroom in 1, the tv did not work, and the fridge didn't get cold in the other room. "manager would not refund our 2 nights, told us we would have to pay for 1 night even though we wouldn't stay. As we were loading our cars, another family was checking out on their 1st night also, because of bed bugs in their room! This place is disgusting - stay away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

As soon as I saw the room I wanted to get up and leave, but the owners refused to refund us. I ended up staying there reluctantly to a dirty, disgusting, outdated room. Worst place in Seaside, and wouldn't recommend it to anybody other than a dirty guido taking back some jail-bait from Karma, which is located right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere in Seaside is going to be pricey, but don't cheap out on this garbage.