“Worst Night Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 41 hotels in Seaside Heights
Edison, New Jersey
“Worst Night Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

As soon as I saw the room I wanted to get up and leave, but the owners refused to refund us. I ended up staying there reluctantly to a dirty, disgusting, outdated room. Worst place in Seaside, and wouldn't recommend it to anybody other than a dirty guido taking back some jail-bait from Karma, which is located right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere in Seaside is going to be pricey, but don't cheap out on this garbage.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
putnam valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Too bad I didn;t read the reviews before we went to Seaside.... We had numerois complaints and tried to get a refund but the "Manager" was never there. It cost us over $200.00 a night to stay there and we too were sent there from the Village Inn Motel because I refused to stay there. Dirty-dirty-dirty. Slept on a towel on the bed because I was afraid of bed bugs, air conditioner noisy and filthy, floors filthy, bathroom full of mold and falling apart. The Karma nightclub was right next door and they did not tell us about the noise from 11:00 pm until 5:00 am. Parking was a joke, no clean towels and a resident on welfare trying to solicit money and food from us. I have desperately tried to call to complain but the manager never called back. I paid by credit card and am trying to recoop my losses. Never stay there!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't even go there - better to sleep in your car
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

It was the dirtiest hotel I have ever encountered. I was sent there from the Travelodge 3 blocks up to be closer to the beach, no bonus there. Dirty, old, outdated, just plain trifling! No cover on the air conditioner, the filter has never been changed. Water damage on the walls, leaky ceiling in the bathroom, tampon on the ground outside the rooms. To top it off when I checked out 4 hours later to move where we could lay our heads, they charged me for the night. Don't ever stay in one of their properties.

Room Tip: Read all reviews and act accordingly. Check the rooms before checking in, I will never go in blind...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sparta, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The whole place is a mess!! There was garbage all over the place, the pool needed to be cleaned and it wasn't as clear as the pictures showed.The bathroom looked like it needed to be cleaned by a professional and there was no towels or toilet paper, the lighting was too dim to be able to see, the stove had foil around the burners, the beds were poorly made and I swear I saw a bedbug. I went to the office to leave and get my $300 back and they threw a hissy fit about it. I did get my money back and went to the White Pearl Hotel instead. Paid more there than I wanted to, but I wasn't going to risk taking home bedbugs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Union, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stayed in Cloud 9 Inn 2 times this summer of 2012. I have read all the reviews and agree with some. For my point of view, maybe a more experienced cleaning service will make this Inn a very nice place to stay and enjoy your vacation.

The bathroom in the rooms I stayed in, need some towel holders or over the toilet shelves to keep the clean towels, and more effort into cleaning the tub, sink and toilet.

The kitchen area needs the cabinets cleaned in the inside, stove covers on the burners and definitely a coffee maker. Refrigerator needs to be cleaned inside, the table needs to be adjusted to stop the wiggle.

I was wondering what was wrong with all the power in the room, until I realized, everything is unplug, I guess for security reasons, which is a good idea.

I do have the habit of bringing all my own stuff, bed covers, pillow cases, towels, lysol, spray bottle with clorax, wipes, etc... Doesnt matter where I stay, i always bring my own stuff and do a fast disinfecting throughout. I guess being a mother makes me a sanitizer freak.

Overall, management should go in the rooms with a hammer and screwdriver and adjust and repair and have the cleaning service report anything that needs fixing or replacement. This is where the problem is, no communication between both parties.

For a picky and clean freak person like myself, this place is not bad and very affordable. I will recommend to anyone looking to save a little more to spend more at the boardwalk. Bring your own stuff do a fast cleaning put your sheets atop of theirs and enjoy your stay, seriously, is not a bad place to stay at all. I definitely, have seen worse at the Seaside Heights, Toms River section. Definitely, will stay again...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hicksville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I live in New York and enjoy visiting the Jersey Shore every year as I have for the past 6 years. The Cloud 9 Inn is the dirtiest hotel i have every stepped into. The room had such a foul odor. It was a cross between stale air and a musty moldy smell. The light in the room did not go on. Everything in the room was dirty. The bathroom was just gross. The toilet looked it had never been cleaned. The shower also looked as if it were never cleaned and the shower curtain was covered in mold and that odor was horrible. The refrigerator was leaking and leaked on my cosmetic bag. We told the front desk about the light, and the leak and no one responded. The shower was the last straw. We check out, never stayed and I got a full refund. Don't ever stay at this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nutley, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Someone should prepare a class action lawsuit against the town if Seaside Heights for allowing the motels there to maintain such horrid conditions! This room cost us $300 for 1 night....here are the real pics. Not at all like the ones on their website!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Cloud 9 Inn? Share your experiences!