“The Best Place To Stay... :]” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sand & Surf Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sand & Surf Motel
1201 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
North East PA
“The Best Place To Stay... :]”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

Sand and Surf has got to be the best place to stay in Seaside. I have been staying there since Jeff and Ken bought the place. I have looked around this past year to see what else was out there, maybe a place with a pool..well now I know not to bother. I've actually checked rooms in some of the other places...and you couldn't get me to stay in them even if it was free.I've read alot of the reviews on Sand and Surf..and I'd like to set some things straight..yes you are charged for guests..most of the other places do that too..yes you will have wristbands...this helps keep people that are not staying there off the motel property...and believe me , in most cases thats a good thing..but the motel security has always been very friendly...in some of the reviews it said the place was run down...well maybe then but not now..every room has been redone, along with the whole outside too...I've also read reviews.."staying in a basement" there are 3 floors to sand and surf...2 main floors with outside doors and areas to sit and see the breath taking views...and then the lower level which contains the office and several smaller, more inexpensive rooms that share a bathroom...but still adorable rooms...This place is so comfortable that everyday after the beach we all hang out in our room with our door wide opened...and other people do the same...there are benches on the upper deck and every room has atleast 2 plastic chairs you can put outside your room..on the porch..We stayed there 2 times this summer and both times at the last minute we tacked on another day..and jeff and ken were quick to accomadate us...My sister and her family go there as well...and the rooms are not as tiny as some of these people say... I had 5 people in my room (2 adults & 3 children)..My sister had 7 people in her room..(3 adults and 4 teens)..and I stayed for 6 days and her for 8 days and we had room....Well I could go on but you need to just go there..and take into consideration that most of these reviews come from "prom week people" who at 18 years old..I'm sure we're not down there to relax and also alot of these reviews came from the same group..(this group also stated they were mad cause they couldn't drink...they are 18 years old...thats the law)....Hillsdale, RiverVale and North Jersey is all the same group...If there reviews were gone the Sand and Surf rating would be even better..The whole vacuum thing makes no sense..we borrow the vacuum all the time..and have never been given a hard time...Jeff and Ken are 2 of the nicest people around...If I were you I wouldn't let the word of a group of vengful teenagers stop you from staying at a great place.. =)
Brenda::North East PA

• Liked — Two seperate rooms...Close to the beach and boardwalk...
  • Disliked — Can't really think of anything.....
  • Tips/Secrets — Just go and have a great time :]
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)

Been to Sand & Surf Motel? Share your experiences!