“2014 Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
“2014 Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I stay here every year with our two children. The hotel is nice an clean. Owners are very personable and they have great security. We have stayed other places and I would say this is the best motel if you want to be right on the boardwalk/beach. Very reasonably priced, too!

Room Tip: Efficiencies are nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed at the sand & surf in sept of 2013 . The room was nice and clean ,the owner and staff was nice, the security guard was a nice guy , even though its a very safe place they do have security cameras all over , i had a great vacation here and would have to say if you get a chance to stay here do it . I am looking foward to staying here again in sept 2014 hoping to get the room over the boardwalk . Some of the rooms here have a stove and large frig that i found to be very clean . I also would like to say the price was right .

Carmine Yonnone

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

No disappointment here! Room was small but clean and the rooftop deck is a great place to hang out. Being just steps from the boardwalk is awesome! The owner Kimo was very attentive. Will be going back here in the next few weeks!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed there for 3 days with 10 people 4 adults and 6 children . It was horrible.the toilet didn't work .we had to keep asking to use the one downstairs because they couldn't fix it. Only gave us 7!towels at a time with. 2 beach passes. . Me and ken talked about how bad business had been and how they are losing money . So when I checked out I got my $100 refund after they viewed the room which I signed .5 days later I got billed for $50 for one dirty pot .$30 for checking out @10;15.and $6 for parking till 12 cause we went to the beach for a few hours. But they never told me the secretly charged my card. I spend $926 for 3 days and they couldn't tell me before I left that I owe them for it but to secretly do it. That's like me making the bed before u leave.room service

• Stayed June 2014
slimjim62, Owner at Sand & Surf Motel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review. The reservation that you made by phone was for 4 Adults and 2 Children. Upon arrival, you brought an additional 4 persons. I asked if I could provide you another room for your additional guests but you declined stating that it would cost too much. The cost of the room was $822 + 12% state taxes for 3 nights in a double room efficiency apartment ocean view. The state of New jersey receives the 12% state tax and this is out of my control. The Sand and Surf Motel provides 2 free beach passes for the beach. Children 11 and under are free. You had 4 children who were free and were given 2 additional passes. The fact that Seaside Heights charges for the beach has no bearing on the fact that you brought 10 persons and had to pay additionally to the town. We provide half price additional badges and I am not sure if you purchased any. The Sand and Surf Motel pays full price from the town for its beach passes. On the morning of check out a young women from your apartment asked to use a bathroom. She stated that hers was not working since late the previous night. I asked her why you did not tell us. She said I don't know. You then asked to use a bathroom. You stated that someone was in your bathroom. Ken stated that the bathrooms in the lobby were closed at the moment. You then stated that it did not work. Ken went to the room and fixed it within 5 minutes. It was clogged with toilet tissue and paper napkins from your guests. Either way it was easily fixed and promptly corrected based on notification. Upon check out which was at 1045 you left your car in the paid parking lot with an expired sticker till after 1PM. It clearly stated on your parking map that 10AM was the allotted time for the car. Additionally, there were posted signs about $6.00 paid parking. When Ken, the owner checked the room he found the kitchen to be in bad shape. There were multiple pots and pans and dishes with food all over the pots and the stove had to be cleaned for over 2 hours of maid time. It clearly states in our agreement that you signed that kitchen areas must be left clean. Unfortunately for us that was not the case. I am sorry that you felt caught off guard by the charges for a late check out, paid parking, and a very messy kitchen totaling $86.00. The 100 security deposit provided by you at check in is clearly explained in the check in procedures. The Sand and Surf Motel prides itself in maintaining a very clean establishment.
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went to the Jersey Shore on a whim and came across the Sand and Surf Motel. The rooms very comfortable and very clean. The views of the beach were amazing. You would have never known that this area had been hit by Sandy.

Room Tip: 2nd floor have better views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for summer and enjoyed it. Staff was great. When i needed something had no problem going to office to get it. Read thru some of neg comments and people wanting shampoo and what not people it is not the Ritz Carlton. However it is right on the boardwalk next door to the Shore store and Jersey Shore house.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked a room at the Sand and Surf Motel which is on the ocean. The room was very clean and had everything in the room that I needed. I had an efficiency with a small kitchen. The view from the second floor was excellent. I could watch the boardwalk and the ocean. There were plenty of activities to on the boardwalk when I wasn't in my room. All in all a great stay and reasonable rates.

Room Tip: for a good view take the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sand & Surf Motel? Share your experiences!