“Clean but noisy and I would not stay again unless last resort available.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sand & Surf Motel

and 1 more site!
You added Sand & Surf Motel to your Saves list
Sand & Surf Motel
1201 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Clean but noisy and I would not stay again unless last resort available.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for the 4th of July holiday and did not call enough places. I chose this before finding Trip Advisor. Had a room near the boardwalk but because of issues with people using facilities without paying you have to wear bracelets and if you need a towel you need to turn in a towel. No floor mat in bathroom and almost fell because of the slippery floor. I suggested they need them but was looked at like I was crazy. The room was large but the air conditioning system was an old wall unit in a back room so the front room does not get cool enough in extreme hot weather. Lack of a amenities as well. They give you a beach badge but you have to turn it in the night before you checkout and the deposit on the badge takes weeks to get back for some reason. It needs a pool and nicer staffing.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

first time in seaside heights,randomly picked this hotel, pulled in got an oceanview room right away,very clean, front desk staff very friendly and accomodating!! every morning clean towels at the desk when i returned dirty ones, 2cnd set of keys for my friend with no problem when requested, unexpected 3rd person added to my room and front desk was accomodating him with no problem. loved waking up to walk out the door with full view of ocean and boardwalk, ill never go to another hotel, everything you need right outside the door, park n enjoy!! no driving the whole visit. Loved it so much im going back within a month of my first stay!!

Room Tip: view of ocean/boardwalk from balcony rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

So upset..stayed here four times..never again...they threatened to tow my car and harass my children for bieng ten minutes late after checkout..security guard stood in front of car swearing at people. They made you wear wristband and were upset when i askef for towels and shampoo..they use to be nice and family friendly..they could not pay me to stay here again...also ants in bed....

• Stayed August 2013
Newtown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Sand and Surf Motel is perfect for a stay in Seaside Heights. The rooms are very clean, reasonably priced and adequate - nothing fancy, just basic accommodations which is really all you need. The really great thing is that some of the rooms have two separate rooms within them which was great for me because I came down with my daughter and her girlfriend and we each had separate space without having to book two rooms. The location is ideal being steps from the Boardwalk and beach which is a really great feature. Ken and his family are friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet. I would definitely return to this spot.

Room Tip: While all of the rooms have an air conditioner, some of the rooms do not have an exterior window to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I did not like that I could not book this motel online. You have to fill out a questioneer and then wait to be contacted by the motel. I did not feel comfortable giving my credit card to someone calling me so I waited until I arrived to see if they had rooms.
The front desk workers were not very friendly. They seemed family owned or just very confortable there, they did not look presentable and were not in uniform. It just seemed like they were running through the motions of checking me in but that they could care less that I was there... no friendliness at all. You are given a parking spot across the street and you get free beach passes for that day as well, they beack cost about 6/8 dollars per person.
Our room had three full sized beds in it plus a kitchenette with dishes and a mini fridge.
We stayed here only one night and then decided to look elsewhere for our other two nights.... there were three reasons for this
- the ac unit was LOUD as heck. and it did not cool the room. There were two beds in one room and one in the room with the ac. So I slept right under the ac unit all night and it was sooooo loud I did not sleep all night, but the other room was so hot I wouldnt have either.
- the beds were SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE. The beds are very very hard. They have not blankets, just a bedspread that is more like a table cloth. It was heavy and very rough and scratchy. It was not cofortable at all. I like for the room to be cool so I can cover up at night, that little bedspread was not warm.
- you are in a good location when you stay here, two doors down from the MTV Jersey shore house and right on the boardwalk and beach, Right outside your room are chairs and you have a great view of the water and boardwalk, but that can also make your room noisy with people and kids hanging out there.
- you have to wear a wrist band to stay here... that was not very confortable. But if it is for security reasons I guess it is good.

The staff was not friendly, and the beds were not comfortable and we could not get the room cooled down and the ac unit was very loud. If you had to have a place to stay this place is clean which is important. We paid $155 for one night, which I felt was waaaayyyy to much. You are paying for the location but I was not comforable. I did not enjoy my stay and will never stay again

Room Tip: There are two levels. The second level gives you a better view of the beach being up higher - but n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The sand a surf motel is great for families and friends to just relax and enjoy their vacation. The rooms were very clean and a nice size for our family of four. Ken is just a doll!! He accommodates his guest in every way possible. The location of the motels lot was just a few steps away. The motel is right on the boardwalk! Their security guard didn't harass us at all. He made sure no outsiders came on to the property so I knew this place was safe for my family. I will definitely be booking my vacation here next summer!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was skeptical about staying here due to the previous reviews but stayed anyway on the recommendation of a family member who frequents oftens. I was highly pleased with the accomodations and the cleanliness of the room. I did not have any trouble with checking in or out and my deposit was returned to me in cash. The motel is run by a family and they are really nice. They provide beach passes and offer discount passes for other guests staying in the room. I will definitely stay there again next summer! :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family